Friday, April 18, 2014

GOOD MORNING...







Good Morning, Sunshine...










"My name is Margalo," said the bird...
"I come from fields once tall with wheat,
from pastures deep in fern and thistle;
I come from vales of meadowsweet,
and I love to whistle."

E. B. White, "Stuart Little"







I'm really not trying to be mean...I know that some of you are still in what seems like the throes of winter...but, here for now anyway, we are throwing open the windows and letting in sunshine and bird song.  Can't you hear the screen door slamming?










The lilacs are blooming and soothing our senses with their sweet scent...






...and Lady Banks is spilling her soft beauty over the garden gate...












...and Cecil Brunner is preparing for a grand opening...






...and...

"White silver bells upon a slender stalk,
Lilies of the Valley deck my garden walk."

- from an old song













The wisteria is once again putting on a show up in the 'sky garden'.






To celebrate all nature's beauty, and to send along the warmest of wishes at this Easter time, I have set the table with a nod to the sights and the sounds of Springtime.





Chirp bowls:  Magenta Exclusive - Home Goods
Yellow salad plates:  Cramisia - Italy - Home Goods
Nest and Chirp small platters - Rae Dunn, Artisan Collection - Home Goods
Yellow napkins - yard sale
Eyelet edge napkins - Pier 1
Chicken napkin rings - I made years ago



We, at Gold Country Cottage, wish you all a beautiful and happy Easter...





...and after a small brunch of cheerios, soft boiled eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice, we are off on a ray of sunshine to spend a few days with the kids.






I'd like to tell everyone how much we appreciate all the kindness that you shared with us over the loss of our sweet boy, Buddy.

We can never tell you enough how much all of your support and compassion means.

Thank you.

...Judy...





I'm sharing today over at:


14 comments:

  1. Judy, I can hear my mom yelling, "stop slamming that dang door !" LOL. Hey she had 11 kids did she think someone wouldn't be running in and out? I love you Easter decorations. I am ready to open windows and smell sweet air. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- How beautitufl everything is there in your area. What gorgeous flowers! I just love it. I so wish we could open our windows here but it is not quite time yet-still pockets of snow here and there.
    WHERE did you find those cute little fuzzy babies-the baby ducks? I WANT some-they are SOOO cute! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your garden is looking beautiful! I love those little silver bells.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...your garden looks beautiful, so many glorious things blooming. I love your little 'fuzzy' ducklings, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden and Easter tablescape so many gorgeous flower around you lovely home!
    Have happy Easter
    Blessing
    Isora
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered the glorious smell of wisteria this year. Guess I've been too busy working all these years to stop and smell the roses. I love your table. Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers - thanks so much for sharing their beauty. Your tables looks wonderful. Have a great visit with your family and have a wonderful Easter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the sweetest spring breakfast table I've seen! I love the sunshiny colours and those cute "Chirp" dishes and the fuzzy chicks. Have a wonderful Easter with your family. Blessings. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy,
    A beautiful post and those fuzzy little chicks in your centerpiece are just the cutest things!! You are not being cruel...just giving the rest of us a glimpse of what will eventually come for us. I di have some perennials that are poking up in the back yard....

    Happy Easter to you and your family, my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful post Judy,
    We did have a few days of sun...but it seems like winter is back again. Well, at least the flowers get their fair share of rain.
    Wishing you and Jerry a blessed Easter time.
    I hope that you are enjoying being with your children..
    god bless
    val xxxxx (love your new header Judy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Judy. Lovely photos as always.XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. very very pretty pictures!! I see you put wisteria on too! I just did a post on wisteria. Its so pretty and spring like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these photos, most especially the lilacs and your fluffy baby ducks. Did you make them, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judy,

    What a cute little chick bowl! It's so darn perfect.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy