Tuesday, January 10, 2017

MY #1 VIEWED POST OF 2016...










We had our "snow day" 
and plenty of
 rain and wind 
still persist...






...at night 
the wind howls 
as it makes its way around 
the side of the Cottage. 
 It is an unsettling sound
 and makes me feel very fortunate 
that I have a roof over my head
 and a warm fire to sit by.






A bit of brightness
 always makes the winter 
more palatable, 
but when I look out the window 
and hear the weather reports
 from around the country,
 it seems that we may be in for
 a long, wet and cold one
 and at this point, 
I don't know how much 
I can agree with John Ruskin 
when he states: 


"There is no such thing as bad weather,
Only different kinds of good weather".





It just so happens 
that my most viewed post from 2016
 may lift your spirits 
and give you hope for 
things to come..
It was one
 of my favorites to write 
and with 519 views 
it shows that a fair amount of you
 enjoyed it the first time around 
and I hope you will 
this time as well.


SPRING DAY DREAMING...





Every season
 has a day for dreaming, 
a day that fills 
your head and heart
 with endless 
possibilities...





...and in spring time 
it is a day where 
you see the first patch of green 
that is coming alive
 after a soft rainfall...






...a day that makes you 
want to hang a sign
 on your front door,
 telling the world 
that you have 
"Gone Fishing".






Sometimes 
a gentle breeze appears 
and brings glory 
to the front porch...





...or the sun shines
 in just the right spot
 to remind us that
 wishes do 
come true.






You might start a day 
such as this
 with a glass of sunshine,
 itself...






...before you take a trip
 down a country lane...





...to where
 the Farmer's Market
 has just opened up...





...and, returning home, 
where the aroma of roasting vegetables
 will mingle with 
the soft scent of
 sweet peas...






...along with
other bright colors 
that can lift the spirits
 and brighten the corners.






There might be the sound 
of bird song 
that makes you look up
 and take notice
 of the blue sky...





...or you might prefer
 sitting quietly,
 savoring
 a cup of tea,...





...while looking at an image
 from today 
that brings back
 memories of...






...a past yesterday 
in a similar
 time and place.


FYI:  The two pictures above are of mother and son, Tami and Jake, taken in the same driveway, loading up the same wheelbarrow (different dirt!) over 35 years apart.



A day for dreaming 
is a day to
 follow your heart...






...whether it takes you down
 a special path 
or..





...on
 flights of fancy...







...and at the end of that day,
 as the song says...

Dream On!


Stay warm and dry...


...Judy...






Sharing today at:





17 comments:

  1. Beautiful post to start out the new year Judy. Glad you got your computer up and running so we could enjoy this post. Ahhhhh to think of looking out the window and seeing life appearing again this Spring. I cannot wait!! We have that wicked wind blowing around the house tonight. Good night to stay in with a hot cup of tea or cocoa. Stay warm by you.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and so happy your computer is working!! I got a new one and am all over the board trying to figure out how to use the darned thing. I can see why that was a well viewed post. Hope you have a great night. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I love this post. The pictures are beautiful. I am dreaming of spring. LOL. The wind is fierce here tonight gusty to 50 miles and hour. As I walked to the mail box at 2:00 this afternoon...the air was warm and smell almost spring like. I would love a vacation, but where would one go with the weather all flipped out. :):) Blessings to you dear friend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful; pictures.... here also it has been raining since yesterday night.. and it'll go on until Thursday..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this whole post makes me feel warm and sunny despite the piles of snow outside my window. I think my favorite pictures are the ones with the wheelbarrows. Amazing! Thanks for sharing it again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you wrote this post before I began following you, Judy. It's just wonderful! I need this at this time of year. The wind is unbelievable! Stay warm and dry!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not surprised this post was a favorite Judy. It's so beautifully written and the photos of the mom and son are truly wonderful.

    Happy New Year to you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why this one was the most viewed! I love each and every photo, especially the ones of GREEN and FLOWERS and vegetables and green grass... did I say I liked the green??? hee hee.... when I look out my window now, all I can see everywhere is WHITE.. snow snow and more snow... so your spring post is very soothing to me and I so look forward to seeing the ground again! As you said, I think we're in for much more bad (good?) weather over the next month or two, especially here along the west coast. The mother and son pictures are so wonderful. I also absolutely love the photo of the bedroom.. is that yours? it looks SO warm and inviting on these cold winter nights. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, I can see why it was a favorite post!!!!
    Happy New Year!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your photos so much, and just want to say thank you so much for posting them again. The quotes as wonderful. I had to pin your picture of the sweet cozy bedroom. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bonnie. I'm glad you like it. That is our master bedroom, very small, and filled with alot of different patterns, but we love it. Thank you for pinning it..Happy Thursday..Judy

      Delete
  11. Judy, lovely post. Loving the photos. I would be lost without my computer. Our power was off for 18 hours, so we were roughing it.
    Happy Thursday and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post Judy, thank you. I am loving the rainw e are having and I will take all that comes our way.

    So glad that the computer is up and running - it's like the world is coming to an end when it doesn't work.

    Have a great weekend my friend.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found this thru The feathered nest feature....You are in Gold Country...where? We were in Placerville for several years...its where our first daughter was born and then my hubby got a job here in So. Cal....30+ years later we are still here....but I so miss the oak trees....
    Love the old "cottage"...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, I can certainly see why that spring time dreaming post was so popular. I really enjoyed it as we are in the throws of winter here and I enjoy seeing the colour and warm feel of your photos. Have a wonderful week ahead. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Wish I could write like that. I can see why it was the most viewed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot for your comment.. your are such a sweet and lovely person.. hug..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy