Tuesday, November 14, 2017

HARVEST HOME...








This is my view outside the kitchen window each morning


I think of the time
 between Halloween and Thanksgiving
 as harvest time.

 It seems the autumn colors are 
the brightest then, 
and the weather has turned 
to the point that 
the air is filled with the 
scent of wood smoke and 
lamps and candles shine brightly 
as the sun goes down.






It might seem as though 
this metal crow 
has flown down from 
that beautiful autumn tree,
 but in actuality, 
he came from AntiqueFarmHouse.

Along with a small basket and
 a garland of fall gatherings,
 he lends an aire of authenticity 
to my DIY 
chipboard HOME letters.






We planted a new hydrangea this summer.
  I think it is called Limelight.

 The white blossoms dried on the bush 
to a gorgeous unbleached muslin effect.

 In an old brown crock,
 along with some little fuzzy fauxs,
 they make a 
beautiful fall arrangement.







Last week 
I asked you to vote
 on my mantle choices.

  I knew all great minds 
think alike
 as the one I chose 
was the same as 
the majority of you picked 
as your favorite:





I also had some questions
 about the garland shown...







...I have had it for 
a couple of years and 
I took some hydrangeas from the garden
 and hot glued them 
to the existing garland. 

 My hydrangeas didn't do too well
 this summer. 
 They were very small 
but they worked out better that way
 for the size of the garland.





I picked this garland up 
at Michael's a while back.

 It is basically the same 
as the other one,
 but has more green and mossy bits,
 so I thought it would lend itself more 
to Christmas.  
I've been thinking of 
something different 
to add to it. 
I had to use a flash
 as it is stuck in
 the dark recesses of
 my hoarder junk room
 so it is not 
a good picture, or at least 
not the way I like 
to take pictures.




I added Tom Turkey
 to the dining room table display,
 along with some fall color. 
 Nothing very fancy 
this year.







I found some pretty dishes at Raley's 
and set the kitchen table
 with the addition of 
the everyday blue and white china. 
 Cute burlap chargers 
were found at
 Hobby Lobby.





We went to the Goat Hill Fair Antique show 
at the Santa Cruz County fairgrounds 
last weekend. 
 It really is a nice show. 
 We weren't looking for
 anything special...





...but I did pick up 
this cute little frog 
to set one of my old 
Thanksgiving 
post cards in...




...and another tin wash tub. 
 I thought it was smaller 
than the last one I got, 
but it turned out to be the same size. 
 No worries, 
I will always find a use
 for it anyway!





The Harvest Family 
stands along 
with a basket of old, dusty hydrangeas 
on the entry hall cupboard. 
 The wreath 
I made with coffee filters
 hangs above.


That's about it here
 at the Harvest Home.

 It's really getting hard 
to not think about Christmas
 quite yet.

 (Well, maybe I have - just a little!).
 Come on now, 
don't roll your eyes, 
I know a lot of 
you have too!





Hope you all
 have 
warm and wonderfully 
sweet week.


...Judy...






Join me this week at:















11 comments:

  1. Judy, I love the hydrangeas mixed with fall flowers in the crock. Plus a few more here and there. So pretty. Love seeing your nice fireplace. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your harvest time post, Judy. My hydrangeas did pretty well this year. Everything you show here is just lovely....Blessings - xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have everything looking so spectacular for the Fall season that it is going to be hard to put away all of this loveliness for Christmas. But I know that your Christmas decorations and wonderful too.

    The bouquet with the dried hydrangeas is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hydrangeas didn't do well this summer as it was just to hot for them.
    Your home with all your Fall decorations looks amazing.

    Little Kai looks so cute, he sure has a wonderful forever home with you and the Captain.

    I have always wanted to go to the Goat Hill Antique Show. Maybe some day.

    Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will be in Las Gatos with my son.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hydrangeas are so wonderful - love the swags too. All of your decorating is sweetly wonderful - just the perfect touch. Love that new - and the old - bucket, they are so useful, and decorative. And the mantle - perfect!!!!! And Kai is perfect for guarding your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tree is just wonderful!Love your harvest family figurines too!Great decoration for Thanksgiving Day!Hugs,dear Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Judy, you have such a knack. I do adore that garland. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all Judy. Your limelight hydrangeas dried are really pretty in the crock. I bet you will find something fun for Christmas decor to put in that fabulous bucket. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful.. Love the dried hydrangea..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty harvest décor! I love the addition of the dried hydrangea which always adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks wonderful and ready to greet the autumn winds. My house has so much "stuff" everywhere, that it's hard for me to even think of adding decorations! What I have to do is... remove alot... so I can put some themed things back! And sometimes....I just don't want to do it. So I leave it, and maybe tuck in a few things with the appropriate color for the season! Oh well... as I get older, and no one comes to our house, I'm not so enthused about changing things up. I do like adding all the pops of red for Christmas and that's usually pretty much the only time I really "decorate". Your home just looks so well....homey...... love it all and the bits of orange here and there, and the dried flowers.. well... it's all just a delight to look at! I don't remember voting on your mantel, but I love yours! Wow. I do love the smell of wood smoke.. that reminds me the most of Fall days when I was a child. Take care Judy..... hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy