Tuesday, April 21, 2015

THE WAY IT WAS...









It's been a busy couple of weeks here at the Cottage. 
 Last minute fixes and ideas tried,
 and failed,
 and others taking
 time and money.

All in all,
 a fair amount of progress has been made,
 taking us closer to the
 sitting room reveal.






So, for the next couple of weeks,
 we are watching the front porch 
for expected deliveries to arrive
 and working hard 
on "shopping" the house 
for items 
that can be transformed
 to fit the new space...






"We are but birds of passage...
and must build our nests
 out of what materials 
we can find."

Lady Wilson, 1889


...and until that time, 
I thought I'd refresh your memories,
 and inform anyone new,
 how our sitting room
 looked before.



















We have made quite a change
 to the look and the feel of the room 
and I am anxious to share
 it all with you...






...at this point, 
I'm not even sure
 what exactly
 the total outcome will be.

  Things are seeming to evolve 
as we go along
 and I'm hoping that the end results
 will be to 
everyone's liking!


"Have no fear of perfection...you'll never reach it."

Salvador Dali, 1904 - 1989






I will leave you with thoughts 
of enjoying beautiful spring weather
 while sitting under a bower
 of Cecil Brunner roses...





...and sharing an overabundance
 of pollen 
with a lovely lady bug!

I am very honored to have been chosen as one of the features of Maria's Fabulous Friday Party at Simple Nature Decor last week. It was a very special surprise for me. Thank you, Maria, it's a great party.


...Judy...







Sharing today at:





















18 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your sitting room reveal - I know it will be lovely! Thanks for the spring thoughts. I sure needed them today - it's 43 degrees, windy and even saw a few snowflakes. Brrr! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sitting room is beautiful as it was, can't wait to see what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see your room finished. I will say, I love your rose arbor...I would be sitting there. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it always takes time for a room to evolve. I am anxious to see the changes but I can be patient too. Have fun. It's always a fun process.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so wonderful - I can't imagine you wanting to change it. Your style reminds me of my best friend, Lois, in Northern California - she made beaded lampshades. I have a chair upholstered in the exact same floral fabric - it is my favorite chair. Can't wait to see what you do with the new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy! I love the looks of your sitting room now and can't wait to see how it comes out! I know how one thing leads to another! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly wait to see your new setting room. I know that it will look terrific. I love to shop the house and see what I can come up with. Sometimes I even forget what I have LOL. I like to change things around.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, my friend! I loved the quote about perfection...so true! Your sitting room looks beautiful already so now I am quite eager to see the new look. I am sure it will be even more lovely :)

    Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration - it's always a joy to have you at the party. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy- I am sure it will be beautiful no matter what you do. For me-this room has always spelled pure, luxurious comfort and I am sure that is exactly what you will end up with again. I am changing things around here, too. Crazy!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your room looks so pretty now. I am always changing things in my own home. It will never be "done". Those of us who love to decorate just can't sit still and keep a room set in stone. I have to laugh because my Aunt still has the sofa and love seat they had when I was a kid....IN THE 70'S!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, I LOVE ladybugs, yes, yes I do :) I'm sure you are getting anxious to complete your sitting room. I'm also sure it will be everything you hope it will be! Enjoy spring and don't lift too many heavy packages! Looking forward to the reveal!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy,
    Lots of new things going on at Gold Country Cottage.
    Your lounge looks very victorian as it is now... I am dying to see your new reveal.
    sometimes a little change around, with what we have can be uplifting.
    happy week to you .. val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, how exciting! I know the end result will be wonderful, it looks sweet and so pretty now! I like change things up too, know you must be having fun! I can't wait for the reveal!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It will all look amazing, I'm certain.
    You have a knack for putting things together, and for color and design. My favorite thing about your decorating style, is that everything always looks so welcoming :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait for the transformation.....I know it will be grand.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Judy, oh I can't wait for your reveal. It will be gorgeous. Your flowers are stunning. I just realized I am not receiving your posts again in my inbox following. Rats I am not enjoying this blog glitch. My followings come and go.
    So glad to catch up with you today. Have fun with the sitting room.
    Happy Weekend my friend,
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Judy, what a pretty room! I don't think I remember seeing this room before, though I do remember seeing the wagon coffee table. :) You have so many pretty things and I love the lace curtains. I can't wait to see the "new look" for your sitting room. It's fun to get packages in the mail, isn't it? That's how it's been around here, too, when I ordered some things for the bedroom.

    Thanks so much for your visit today, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Friday Party will happen next Friday not this week, I just moved into a new home, so its been chaotic.. thanks for your last post the way it was.. Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy