Tuesday, July 18, 2017

AND THE FAIRIES DANCED FOR THE LITTLE FROG PRINCE...










Times have been hard 
for the fairies 
these past few years. 

 What with the drought, 
they were not able to find 
many of their usual haunts
 in pristine condition.

 The mossy banks
 had dried up and 
the flowers that were their life blood
 did not thrive in 
such dry conditions.

 Then, 
finally, 
the rains came 
but flooding was a big concern
 and the fairies are not known
 for their swimming abilities.
  
When winter was over
 and summer began, 
hopes were high.
  But, 
the hot, scorching sun,
 made it almost impossible to
 realize a time 
when fairies, or humans,
 would be able to 
get back to the lives 
they loved.

  Until now...





With the spirit 
of Mary Lennox in mind,
 the humans in this story,
 along with their
 ever faithful apprentice, 
sucked it up
 and started the renovation of 
the Secret Garden.

  Always mindful of
 bad backs and aching joints, 
they persevered and 
were able to put it to rights
in short order. 

 (Well, that depends on whom you talk to)...









...not only did 
the Secret Garden
get an overhaul...









...so did 
the screened porch.






A new carpet 
of pea gravel
 was laid down,
 pretty little flowers
 were added to the pots and 
the fountain 
found a new calling 
as a planter...






...and Dickon 
would be happy to see 
that the animals 
have come once again
 to grace the garden and 
to drive away any predators 
that might be lurking around
 that could be harmful 
to the fairies.






The screened porch, 
or Summer Place,
 as it is called, 
got a good dusting and sweeping...






...the "starry sky" 
at night, 
looks bright and twinkly...






...fresh flowers, 
a pretty tea set and
 a new pillow...





...make the little bistro set
 look charming and ready 
for a shady spot of rest
 in the afternoon...






...or a dessert destination 
in the evening.






As a fairy peeks out 
from behind the door,
 a soft breeze 
moves the chimes and 
in the dappled shade 
of the old Twisted Tree, 
she begins 
to dance...





...moments later,
 the other fairies 
come out
 to join her...





...and if a human is lurking
 around the corner, 
you might hear a faint
 "Kaizie, the fairies are dancing" 
and seemingly out of nowhere, 
and every single time,
 a little black dog 
comes running to watch.





This little black dog 
has many quirks 
but one of the most endearing 
is the way his back legs 
start by his side
 in a seated position 
and, bit by bit,
 start to slide out
 to each side.

  This reminds one 
of a little frog and 
has earned him the nickname of 
the Little Frog Prince.















It is a celebration
 in the Secret Garden 
that has been 
a few years in the making
 and hopefully,
 the fairies,
 along with the Little Frog Prince
 and the humans,
 will enjoy it for 
many years 
to come.


"If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden."

Frances Hodgson Burnett
"The Secret Garden"



...Judy...






Sharing with:
























12 comments:

  1. Secret garden and screened in porch, indeed. I did not know that these spaces existed in your lovely abode. I have been so taken with your charming interior and front porch, that I did not notice...but how? They are both fabulous and forget those magical fairies, I want to reside there!! 😉Enjoy your lovely spaces, wow...outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of a beautiful garden!Love your gorgeous blue tea set and the pretty flowers bouquet.Blessings,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy, I want to come live in fairy land with you. LOL. I love your screened in porch so much. The pathways are adorable. You and Captain and been working very hard. I am envious of the beautiful secret garden. . :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is so charming, and the screened in porch beckons one to come in and take it all in. I'll be right over.

    I absolutely love the picture of the dog with his legs out. Cracked me up, and reminds me of my granddog, a cockapoo :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved loved and loved beautiful porch and lovely
    Garthen and I'm in love that black guy his so cute
    Have blessing Sumer we are unther a lot of rain in Miami
    All flower are happy and geen
    Blessing
    Isora
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Judy, I have missed you! {I haven't been computing much these days due to illness and surgeries, but recuperating now.} I have enjoyed your post so much and you always make me smile. Little Frog Prince; how charming!! You have a wonderful porch and garden to sit in and enjoy the summer months. So glad those fairies are feeling at home again too.

    Smiles,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I love it all. You two did a great job.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is all so enchanting and lovely! I love the narrative throughout. Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written Judy. Love your sweet garden and little Kai is too adorable.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great story, you should be writing children's books. This was a beautiful post and I loved it.

    Your secret garden looks amazing - you guys did a great job. You and the Captain sound like me when I go out to the garden and try and do work. I looked at some picture of my garden a few years ago and I am ashamed that it doesn't look that way now. I am just to damned old to do much, but I sure enjoyed looking at yours.

    That Kai is so darn cute, Waldo and Lili send doggie hugs,

    Enjoy your weekend - more HOT weather

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. IN order I love
    the little black dog
    the fairy garden
    The screened in porch
    It all looks wonderful

    I want a screened in porch

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your trunk on the porch, I may put mine out on ours. Pea gravel is a great idea in your garden. Ah such a comfortable , relaxing area.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy