Tuesday, July 17, 2018

LIFE IS A BEACH...










Instead 
of telling you
 what I did last week, 
I'm going to tell you
 what we are going to do
 in the next 
couple of weeks.




Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk
Giant Dipper


We are going down 
to Santa Cruz 
to stay at the kids
 and baby sit their animals 
while Tami and Tim go
 on a cruise 
to Alaska.





I am so excited 
that they are getting to go
 and that I will be browsing
 in some antique and thrift shops 
that I don't normally get to visit
 very often.





There is a lot to see and do 
at the beach. 
 We will feel like 
we are on vacation 
and the change in the climate 
will be most 
appreciated!





I will be taking some time off 
from blogging 
while we are there...





...but will take my camera 
so, hopefully,
 will get some
 pretty and memorable
 photos.





I picked up these 
poppy stems
 at Michael's awhile back. 
 I think 
they are so
 pretty.





I know I have shared 
this Victorian beach print before,
 and probably mentioned 
that even though it is not in great shape,
I love the wrinkles in the paper.
 It reminds me 
of the sun shining down 
on the children. 
 But, 
I don't think I have
 mentioned
 the frame...





...we picked the print up
 in Grants Pass, OR,
 a few years ago 
and it is all handmade
 with strips of cardboard 
cut out and stacked 
one on top of another 
and painted. 
 Someone
 went to a lot of work 
and it is quite unusual. 
 I have heard it called 
a form of Tramp Art.





Will be back 
in a couple of weeks
 and until then,
 I will share some photos
 I took of the glaciers 
when the Captain and I 
were on our own cruise 
to Alaska 
in 2008...









...some 
of the most beautiful
 and amazing wonders 
of the 
world.





At approximately
 8:05 PM yesterday, 
four little fledglings
 flew and fluttered their way 
out of the only home they have ever known,
 as their parents sat 
on the fence and
 tweeted encouragement.

  Some landed on ivy, 
some on ferns,
 but they all managed to fight 
their way up 
into the air 
and move themselves towards
 the new life that awaits them.

  We thoroughly enjoyed 
their time
 in the Little Pink House. 

 Romeo and Juliet 
did good!


Bon Voyage!



...Judy...






Sharing with:


and




                      

16 comments:

  1. Alaska is a place I would love to visit. Safe travel wishes for Tami and Husband.
    Have a wonderful time at the beach. Look forward to pictures. I love the beach and combing it for treasures. I do like the shells you have on the pretty plate. Nice look on the table. You think of everything! Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, great post. Have fun at the ocean . . . I absolutely love your Victorian beach print, the wrinkles just add to it's charm.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a fun and relaxing trip! Will eagerly wait for the pics when you get back. Janice ps we had 4 baby bluejays last year that we fulling enjoyed watching. They would fly everywhere together. They were so cute! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have lots of fun Judy. I am enjoying the article in the magazine. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in for such a treat, Judy. And I hope you get to do all those fun things on your agenda and that they don't wear you out too much! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH what a lovely trip for Tim and Tammy have planned. I have some friends that went on the Alaska cruise and said it was so beautiful. Enjoy your stay down while watching the animals.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great time you all will have a vacation for both families! Amazing photos, I live in northern Canada so ice and snow I know well! I am just a new follower to your blog, thank you for sharing this and have a great time away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun you'll have down there and being on the water! To me, the beach is just magical. It will be relaxing to be in a different area. The Alaska cruise will be wonderful for your daughter and SIL to take.. my parents went on one years ago and absolutely loved it. Love your beach pillow and the shells.. and glad the babies were successful in leaving the nest to the big open wide world! Enjoy your "vacation"!! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post. Your daughter and SIL will enjoy their cruise. You will enjoy getting away and taking care of your grand-fur-babies! Ha! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you'll get no argument from me...there's no place quite like the ocean. Have the best time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Judy! Sounds like you're going to have so much fun the next couple of weeks! I've heard the best vacations are being with grandkids. Maybe one day I'll find that out even though all 3 of my kids say they don't want kids. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy your time. And I'm glad I visited today. I look forward to hearing about living in California in a Victorian house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a wonderful trip and looking forward to hearing about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds wonderful to me! It has been so hot here and I am recovering from surgery. Ready to get away anywhere. So fun about the birds too! Have a fun and safe trip! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello sweet lady!
    I do hope you enjoy your time off, and have a blast!
    Love your pictures... thanks so much for sharing.

    Have a happy day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy