Tuesday, September 1, 2015

NOT GIVING UP...








For sometime now,
 I have been saying, 
loudly and clearly,
 that I am through wishing away
 precious time.

 I have chosen
 to embrace each season,
 hard or otherwise as it comes,
 and to enjoy all
 that it has to offer.






So, 
why do you ask,
are the fall cubbies front and center
 when there is still 
about four weeks of summer left? 

 The plain truth of the matter is: 
 In life, as in nature, 
there are warning signs 
that a new period is about to emerge
 and while the north pole
 turns further away from the light,
 and  slight breezes
 begin to start the leaves 
from the trees 
on their downward journeys, 
our minds and emotions 
take note
 and we can't help
 but feel the effects.


"There are times when we stop,
we sit still.
We listen and breezes
from a whole other world
begin to whisper."

James Carroll







A few new touches 
of the coming season each week
 will help 
to keep me grounded
 in the here and now and,
 as nature intended,
 look forward to what
 is to come.











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



KAI'S KORNER...

I will say it flat out!
 Kai is so freaking cute 
that I could bore you forever
 with his antics.

 In order for me
 to use some discretion and not do that,
 I will run a feature spot
 every once in awhile,
 known as Kai's Korner,
 where I will share with you
 some of what we get to 
experience every day.





Kai got a new halter
 and he wanted to show you
 his penguin impression.

 (Sorry the pic is so blurry - but this is Kai's usual look
as he can't wait to be off
 on another adventure).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






In past summers 
this part of the fence was covered
 with morning glories
 but this season 
they didn't come back.

 I thought they had finally worn themselves out but...





...on this morning,
 one weary and drought ridden bloom
 appeared, 
just trying to experience
 what little bit
 of summer
 is left.


...Judy...







Sharing today at:









20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, Judy. Your fall decor is so warm and inviting, it helps me to get through this beastly heat we are going through. I'd better start pulling out some things and get in the spirit, pumpkin season will be here before we know it!
    Hugs,
    Patti
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai is just adorable ! I am slowly bringing out things for fall, I am ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Kai is too adorable. Just makes you smile to see him. You go girl on the fall. I am not quite ready yet.
    It is in the 90's this week in the midwest so I will wait a little longer to pull out the fall stuff. My flowers are still in full bloom. Have a great week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kai is so precious. I think everyone is ready for Fall this year. It's still too warm here in Oklahoma to go Fall quite yet. But, it won't be long.

    Have a great week.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still enjoying summer, but I have been pinning and planning for fall for about a week now. Hopefully, when it shows up, I will be ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful fall decorations, love the leaf bowl with the bird, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the start of another season - time for celebrations and decorations. And Kai is such a cutie pie. We are getting some much needed rain for poor old parched Washington. Over 3 inches total in the last few days - and the rain is pounding on the skylights. We have waited so long for this - we've not had substantial measurable rain since the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hardly believe that someone turned that precious little Kai in! That personality is just too much! I've just barely started to clean and put some summer decor away to get the house ready for fall. Of course it's still above 100 degrees here daily, but I'm sure fall will makes it's appearance in due time. Praying for cooler temps and the smell of autumn harvest wafting through the house! Many blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kai's Corner - oh Judy, I love it! I don't think you could possibly bore us with precious Kai :)

    Your fall decorations are simply lovely, my friend! Will you come decorate my home? {{smiles}} Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that little Kai, what a sweetheart! Pretty fall decor, Judy. I started my Christmas decor early last year and it was wonderful. I was able to relax and actually enjoy my home, instead of scrambling to get it done. I need to layer in some fall soon! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is your Kai! Thank you for thinking to share your precious pup with us Judy! Love your pumpkin planter and pretty fall decor. I love this time of the year where nature begins her subtle transition from summer to autumn.
    Have a great week my friend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have my autumn bin out too and have added just a very few touches of fall to my decor. So far. I don't want to rush summer out the door but I do enjoy the fall colours which will be with us until at least mid-October after our Thanksgiving weekend. Kai is so cute. I'm glad you are enjoying his company. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, I love the decorations. We do spend too much of our valuable time, wishing , hoping , and dreaming. Those are all good things...but not to the point that life slips away. We better do the things we want to do before we have no time left. Hugs to you. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo,Susie
    p.s. love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judy, I took the fall bins out too and yesterday tried to work some fall magic around even though we are still in the 90's.
    Love your beautiful touches for fall and you are so right about feeling the change coming even when it's still warm. Kai is too cute. Looks like days of fun for you.
    Blessings for a Happy September! cm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kai is so cute!!! What a wonderful addition to your family.

    I haven't thought of Fall yet, summer is still very much evident here. But I really look forward to the autumnal months and perhaps less heat and some rain. You have some really lovely items to decorate with. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have my bins of fall in the attic. I was going to wait but now after seeing your post and how nice you arrange things, I am going to get up in the attic to get mine. I just can't get over the summer almost over and already leaves are blowing from the trees, more breezy are the past few days here.
    Love little Kai, a sweet heart for sure.
    Happy Week end
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pretty fall arrangements. The one in the pumpkin is especially pretty. Kai is so cute! Believe it or not, I have a childhood friend with a son named Kai. Her husband grew up in Germany and speaks fluent German (even teaches it at school) so they name him Kai. I understand it to be a German name. Your dog is the only other person I know with that name!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Fall displays are beautiful. Yes, I can feel it when a new season is upon me. I am in a change right now. It feels weird and I wonder what is next but I trust the unfailing love of my Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fall is my most~est, favorite~est season of all !
    Love all of your Fall decor!
    I've been adding sunflowers, apples, etc.. but I'm forcing myself to hold off on the pumpkins til Oct... then, watch out!! **heehee**

    Kai is adorable! I am so happy for you guys to have him, and it's clear that he is already just another member of the family :)

    {{hugs}}
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never decorated for Fall like many of my friends do but i do admire them as I do yours. Yours seem to be inviting fall weather to come on

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy