Tuesday, February 9, 2021

MAYBE, NEXT YEAR...

 







With our world's narrowed down greatly,
 I am not finding much to write about these days. 
 I tend to look back at better times 
starting with the Year BC 
- Year Before Covid -
  As time progresses we are running out of the Year BC.
  This will be the last month 
that we can really say that. 
 So, I turned back the pages 
and here are the results.





This was a photo
 I showed to celebrate Valentine's Day in 2020. 
 Unfortunately,
 fresh tulips are not offered 
when you shop groceries on line...






...so here I have done
 my up-to-date version
 with some faux tulips 
I have on hand.


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.  I wish you all a heartfelt and lovely day.




The upside of all this is 
that we have been having some nice, sunny days. 
 It is still a bit chilly 
but having the effect of sunshine
 is a healing point for me.




One year ago, 
we had just painted the sitting room
 with Skinny Jeans by Behr.  
It was quite a change from
 the very dull gold that it was. 
 I went looking for art to display
 and came up lucky at a local thrift shop.
(the last time I have done that)
  Above, 
you see how the new pictures looked 
after being hung over the sofa...




...today you see
 that we added the black shelf back into the mix.
  After taking Christmas down,
 I decided to hang the same pictures back up,
 not even remembering
 that they had first hung there
 one year ago.





It was almost exactly one year ago
 that I bought the new rug
 to be used in the sitting room 
and then discovered that 
my plan was not a good one
 so the parlor inherited it...





I still really like it in the parlor,
 and you might catch a glimpse of the
 burgundy carpet that is still beneath it.
  I did say that I couldn't wait to remove that old carpeting, 
and the Captain said that when we finish
 two small projects that we are working on now,
 he will start that process.  
Can you imagine,
 that one whole year has passed 
since those words were first spoken?






One year ago
 the drawers on 
the chest were gray...






...this year the drawers are white,
 and that reloved bunch of flowers 
on the game table 
just keeps showing up
 no matter what the year 
or the occasion.






Like I said,
 it will soon be feeling like
 we have always lived during a pandemic. 
 We won't be able, for awhile,
 to look back to the year before 
and find that things were quite different.  
The big thing to look forward to now
 is the vaccine.  
There have been big numbers 
of shots given,
 but in comparison to the whole population,
 it seems a very small number.




 
 Last week, here in our county,
 ages 75+ were listed 
as receiving the vaccine,
 but due to the shortage
 that the county was receiving,
  there was nary a place that had them when we wanted to sign up. 
 This week, the age group has gone back down to 65 and over 
with no consideration given 
to the 75+ age group. 
 So that means there will be 
more competition 
for the small amounts of doses 
that the state receives.  
My fear is that
 the ones that are being given the vaccine 
will get lax and not continue
 to take the precautions
 that are necessary
 to keep everyone safe. 
 I have our names on every list available
 so we just go one week at a time.






Have heart everyone, 
this too shall pass.
  Hopefully, sooner than later. 
 Maybe, next year?



Stay Smart

Stay Well

Stay Home

And

Wear Your Masks



...Judy...





Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

24 comments:

  1. I love seeing all of your vignettes. I wouldn't have guessed that that one bouquet was fake tulips. I love all of your hearts and Valentine bits and pieces. Have a lovely week and Valentine's Day ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lorraine. It is beginning to be so hard to find anything new for me to write about. Hope it gets better soon..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy,
    I love the name of the blue Behr paint. Skinny Jeans so cute. Your walls look good. I remember when you painted that color. I just treated myself to some white tulips today from the grocery store. The only place I go these days and it is zip in and out no browsing. they had them up front as I entered the store with other valentines things. So I grabbed a bunch. Just looks cheerful on the kitchen counter with the sunshine today. Still bitter cold here but the sun is out yay! That helps so much. Have a great week. xoxo
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. I'm glad you got some pretty flowers to brighten your day. The few days of sunshine are welcomed when we get them..Stay well my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Do love your tulip displays! Did not even know the 2nd one it was faux until I read it. I use faux flowers all of the time. Happy Valentines Day to you! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I have had those pink and yellow tulip so long and they are getting a little tattered. They were purchased from the % Store and look pretty good for that. I miss my Trader Joe's tulips though. Happy Valentines Day to you also..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Maybe next year. Gosh I hope so, Judy. Ps...that bouquet of flowers on your table always look so fresh, I would never guess they weren't real. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I hope so too. Those flowers are all as fake as can be, but I just love them..Happy Valentines Day..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. I worry about post-vaccine bad behavior too. Especially when you consider so much bad behavior even before.Your home is warm and cozy and so inviting. I love the valentines and you remind me to dig out my pink faux tulips. I could use that color. By the way, those folk art paintings by your shelf are really gorgeous. Are they your work? I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. Yeah, it seems that there is always something else to worry about these days. Heavens, no those are not my paintings. But they really are simple and I do love the style, I think they might be an easy try so maybe I will try one of these days. I am in the throes of cleaning out craft and storage rooms. (It seems like there is no difference!) When that is done I need to sit down and get back to something artistic..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Hugs, I know it seems totally 'Twighlight Zone' that we have lost 1 year of our older lives. We shut down our home 1 year ago exactly this week. I knew it was going to be bad. We do go out together, take a drive, post office(drop in slots), the pharmacy and serious bank busting grocery shopping when we go out. I just miss my kids, apparently I can live just fine without anyone else...LOL. HUGS and we go on....and will survive! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi, and I do agree. We order our drugs and food on line and just go to the back of the store, open up the hatch, and wait for them to put our stuff in the car and off we go. My hubby does go to Starbucks but there is a drive up window there too. I really miss my kids and Trader Joe's fresh flowers but will make it out the other side, I have no doubt. I am on computer and phone most of each day now trying to get our vaccines. Either this is the worst county in the world or it is the same all over. Tired of fighting for what seems like should be such a simple action..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Maybe this is how pioneer women felt, stuck out in the middle of nowhere, with no extended family or friends around. How did they cope? Maybe by paying attention to the little things like flowers on the table (real or faux!), moving things around in their home to make it look pretty, reaching out with letters (or posts) - it seems like you are doing all the right things! Thanks for sharing with everyone, even if just to say "I don't have anything to say". It just gives me pleasure to hear from you. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ellen. Those are lovely words to hear. I hope and try to do things right but don't always succeed. I do feel like I am letting myself down at times, because my whole way of life is changing day by day. I am getting so lazy and sit around way more than is healthy for me. With no place to go or no one to see, I am finding it easier to be a lump. My craft room and storage room are both becoming the same even though they are two different rooms. We are puttering around, cleaning up and putting things away, then maybe I will feel like getting back to doing something artistic and start feeling more accomplished..Stay well my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. So pretty to see your past tulips and flowers, hearts and pretty valentines.... you always make your home so homey and comforting. I always love looking at it! I don't know when vaccines are available in our county so I just wait and I'm sure we'll be notified when. I know they aren't 100% effective in making a person totally immune, so I figure the way we've been doing is fine with me.. masks, distancing and staying home alot. I don't even know for sure if I'll get the vaccine.. I'm on the line right now as not sure it's totally safe yet. As time goes by, and more and more people become immune or get the vaccinations, I hope and pray things will get better and a little more back to "normal".. whatever that is now! Take care... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the tulips. I wish I could show you some pretty real flowers now but picking up our groceries like we do they only offer one type and that looks like it belongs in Autumn, pretty but getting tired of the same old thing. We did finally get an appointment for the shot, we are scheduled for Monday and then our second one in one month after that. I know a lot of people are unsure about the vaccine. If we hadn't been lied to for so long when this all first happened I think we would feel more secure about what is going on now. I know Dr. Fauci is the main man, but had he stood up to all the misinformation at the time, I would feel more comfortable about it now. I have always gotten a flu shot and have been very lucky to not have had the flu over the years, so I am putting my hopes in this vaccine as well. I really would like to go back to what was "normal" for us so hoping this will be the answer. I told my doc that I was really afraid of this virus, and she said You Should Be. That was enough for me..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Sorry no tulips wee found Judy. Always fun to look at post posts. Your flowers looked lovely. Faux flowers work when we cannot get out nor find what we want in fresh flowers. Skinny Jeans is such a cute name for paint. Always feels fresh to paint. We are getting the vaccine next week through Sutter. Hang in there. I hope you can get yours. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I do like faux flowers and use them alot, but there is something about Trader Joe's flowers that are so much prettier and the prices are as well. We finally did get an appointment yesterday for our shots. We go on Monday and then follow up with the second shot in one month. We are acutally coming to CVS in Auburn for them. Once the sites opened up it was relatively pretty easy. Glad you are getting yours. I am hearing so many say they are afraid to get them. I hope that changes..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Lovely to see the flowers, they bring such colour and cheer don't they.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get to you..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. Good, old Dollar Store variety..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy