Monday, May 24, 2021

BIG THANKS ALL AROUND...

 







We are getting

 a little closer to Memorial Day 

and the celebrations that come during the year 

from this day forward.



At first there is thanks

 for the men and women that keep us safe 

in this great country and the beautiful colors that signify that. 

 It continues on with Independence Day celebrations. 

 These are all things 

that we as citizens of these United States 

are thankful for.




We are also thankful for our families. 


Starting off all the celebrations is Tami's birthday.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!


 Tami and Tim are empty nesters now

 and beginning to have the time and money 

to do the things that we all look forward to in life.  


Jake and Jacenda are now both done with college.

 Jake already has a great job

 and Jacenda will soon have one.  

Young lives full of hope and promise just getting started

 The Captain and I 

are both healthy and at our age that is saying something.

  We are putting our home and garden

 in shape for an enjoyable summer.


  Robin is dealing 

with the loss of her teeth like a champ 

and her biopsy came back clear. 

 She hasn't got a care in the world.


 Kai is older

 and has a few issues 

but he loves his Papa so all is right with his world.

 

 We are truly thankful

 for all those reasons.







I am so thankful for my girlfriends 

who have not forgotten me 

and whom I will join for lunch the next time out. 

 I am thankful for all the friends

 that I have made through blogging 

and for their return of kindness 

whether it be good words or in letting me copy their ideas.

  I am really thankful for the vaccine 

and the chance it gives us all

 to lead a great life

 (please wear a mask indoors until we all are vaccinated). 

 I just couldn't resist that,

 old habits die hard.





As it pertains to blogging,

 I am now going to probably embarrass

 one good lady that I'm sure we all know. 

 As you are aware

 they are once again changing how we blog. 

 For those of us (like me) that are truly challenged 

when it comes to the technical aspect of blogging, 

whenever this happens I just want to stay in bed with my covers over my head. 

 Once I have learned the technique, then blogging is a job that I love. 

 I want my blog to look good 

and I want it to he helpful, 

or at the very least, enjoyable for someone else to read. 

 I don't just type it and put it out.  

I agonize over it to be sure that each word is spelled correctly 

and the photos are right for the wording.  

Throw a wrench in the works and I am useless. 

 This is where this part of the story begins: 





 

Linda at  Life and Linda

 wrote a post explaining what the change was 

and said she would be willing to help anyone that needed it. 

 I'm sure you have noticed that this is what she says each time Blogger throws something at us.

  Well, I took her at her word 

and asked for help with changing how we transition from FeedBurner

 to a new way of receiving notifications of  posts in our inboxes 

and, let me tell you, she earned her money dealing with me! 

  She is so patient and understanding.

 I have already said that I am totally challenged in this area 

so I won't bore you with all the details. 

 Poor Linda 

spent time shooting off e-mails to me, 

sometimes way more than once 

before I could grasp their meaning

 and talking on the phone to further help me.  

She really knows what she is doing 

and does make a very pretty job of it. 

 She is not known as the Fairy BlogMother for nothing! 

 Finally, I got it together and she was able to perform a miracle. 





 If any of you are struggling with this change, 

I'm sure Linda would be happy to hear from you. 

 In the process we had to switch my subscribers to another place 

and  in so doing found a lot of addresses that were, 

shall we say, lacking in good judgement, 

which I do not want associated with my blog so they were deleted.  

Not purposefully, but by accident, 

there may have been some of you that were deleted also 

because we only have addresses to look at, not names.  

I publish at 10:00 AM every Tuesday morning, 

so if you do not get notice of that in your inbox, 

just sign up again

 on the pretty new form that Linda included on my right sidebar 

and you will be reinstated immediately 

and I apologize in advance if this happens.  

Thanks again, Linda, 

I so appreciate it and am thankful for you as a friend also.

Your expertise is beyond compare
 and you make what seems like hard work
 a joyful experience.






In closing,

 I will say that now I am thankful for 

the bit of decorating I have done so far 

in celebration of the up coming holidays 

so there will be only a few things to add next time.


Have a wonderful week.


...Judy...





This is the iris

 that I showed you last week. 

 Now that it has bloomed I am not sure if the color is bronze, yellow or peach

but I think it is very beautiful.

 Any of you experts let me know what you think. 

 The purple one is still just in bud.

 If it changes I will show you that next week. 


Sharing this week with:


Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda



38 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! We all have so much to be thankful for, that's for sure. Your patriotic decor is looking sharp - how is it nearly June already? It will be so nice to return to picnics and parades. I don't think I will ever take those things for granted again. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. Ah, picnics and parades! That sums up this whole year. Won't it be lovely?..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy,
    Your blog looks so pretty. Linda does a wonderful job. She helped me get my feedburner switch over to mail chimp too. She certainly does earn her wings as the fairy blogmother. Sounds like your family and friends are all doing well. It is so good so many are getting vaccinated. We are moving to a good place with this virus for sure. Have a great new week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Linda does a fantastic job and when I say she is patient and understanding, that is no lie!! I think we are moving into a much better place. I even find myself more comfortable around masked people that I was. Even though I am vaccinated, I will still wear the mask out in public. xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Judy, your patriotic decor looks lovely. I haven't had a chance to decorate. I am thankful for so much and especially to the men and women who have fought for our rights. They are so appreciated. Thank you Judy for the mention of my services to help you move over to Mailchimp. Mailchimp is very accurate about sharing your posts to your subscribers. I was happy to help you Judy. Enjoy this week and stay in touch. We are neighbors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Everything turned out so nice and I love the transformation. I can't say enough what a good job you do and I thank you again. We are neighbors and, hopefully, we can spend some time together when there isn't any "work" to be done..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Your post is wonderful Judy. I love the holiday decor! Everything looks just beautiful! It looks like you are ready for Summer. Debbie xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. Yes, we are getting there and we are so ready..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. I, too, am thankful for Linda who is so very gifted and kind. (And yes, patient!) And while we're being grateful, let me add that I am grateful for all I learn and the joy I find when I visit your beautiful site. It truly makes me very happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. Linda does beautiful work and I appreciate your kind words always. You make me smile always, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful and welcoming Memorial Day setting with your couch. Love it all, especially the garland nd quilt star! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I wish I had all the prim beauties that you have but I love decorating for this period of the year..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I love this post, Judy. It's full of so much positivity and gratitude. I could use a little bit of that right now, so thank you for sharing. Enjoy the weekend and the celebrations that come along with it. We'll be staying home, hopefully by the pool. I'm crossing my fingers for a bit of sunshine. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I hope I sent enough positivity and gratitude to cover you too. Just found out the kids are coming up for Tami's birthday so I am super happy. We are entertaining again!!..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. I couldn't stop looking at your couch and all those beautiful pillows. Just love that arrangement. So nice! ! Yup still masking up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I made the two end pillows cases, middle from Home Goods, and the other two are just the opposite side of those cheap ones that I ordered from Amazon and I just painted the stripes on them. Thanks so much for your kind words and I am still wearing a mask too when around people that I don't know..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Love your grateful heart, Judy, and all of your sweet, patriotic decorations! A wonderful reminder that we should all be thankful to those who have given their lives to preserve our freedoms. We can never take that for granted. I have been trying not to think about the blog changes, but I suppose I have to figure it all out in the next few days. Life is always changing...Sometimes it's good, sometimes, not so much. Really grateful that we are rounding the curve on this terrible pandemic. Love your iris. The color is amazing. Hope you have a lovely Memorial Day. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Karen. We really have a lot of people to be thankful to for a lot of reasons. I tried to figure out this new deal myself but there was a lot involved and I am just not that savvy so Linda was a really great help. Just found out the kids are coming up here for Tami's birthday so I am really thankful for that. That iris really is beautiful and the purple one is still in bud but getting more open. Don't know why it is so slow..Have a wonderful Memorial Day..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Iris at the end is a stunner. Love your sweet red/white/blue home and all the touches. I'm with you on the challenged part for the comp---I don't like change and I wasn't happy with new blogger, still. I'm hoping I can muddle through and get the new sign up system soon, too busy gardening right now. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. If I had all the beautiful garden work that you have to do I couldn't do anything else! I am not a big fan of change either. It seems we just learn something new and then there is something else thrown at us. We waited for those iris to bloom for so long and I was so happy with the way it turned out. The purple one is open now so will show you next week..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. Linda is wonderful! I am going to follow you.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and yes she is. Thanks for following. I hope you enjoy..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. What a lovely post.
    I do like your décor.

    Enjoy these last days of May.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. I love this time of year and the colors that go with the holidays...xxoJudy

      Delete
  14. Oh Judy, I love your patriotic cottage and all that you do to celebrate America! I knew about the blogger changes too and have been trying to ignore it! But July is coming fast! I may contact Linda and see if she can help me. I didn't know where to turn, but knew for sure that you would be doing something to fix it and I was going to ask for your help! I had no idea what to do to change from Feedburner. What I still can't figure out is that when I comment on someone's blog, and they reply back, I never get notice of their reply, so I never know if they did reply! I don't know if that is Feedburner or just Blogger. Also, I never receive notice of when anyone comments on MY blog! I just go look at it every couple of days so I can respond. I wish that could get fixed somehow. Anyway.... always nice to see your posts and you inspire me to get in there and do a little patriotic decorating. I too am so so so grateful for all of those who have lost their lives fighting for us and our country. I love America! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I would really love to help you but there is so much that I don't know and can't figure out either. I had to ask Linda for help to get it done. She is very helpful and her prices are really reasonable. There is some stuff that you will have to do on your end but she is so good about walking you through it. One thing I might be able to help you with is notifications when someone leaves you a comment.:: After you have written your post there is a tiny box "notify me" over on the right had side opposite and on the same line as the "publish" button. I can see it right now on mine as I am typing this to you. Click on the box and then when someone leaves a comment it will show up in your inbox. You have to click this box everytime you write a different post or at least that's how I do it. It will work for every comment that comes to you on one post, but then you have to click it again on your next post. It feels good to straighten the house and then put some bright colors around. It just makes me feel good. We are so lucky to live in America. She has some problems from time to time but there is so much good too..xxoJudy

      Delete
    2. Thank you Judy! I do check that "notify me" box and it does help most of the time. Sometimes I forget to do it though. I have contacted Linda about helping me. I'm sure she's busy or gone this weekend! Still have a month or so to get it taken care of. It's going to hit 100 here this week so glad I have most of my yardwork done (for now)..... I will enjoy the A/C inside or sit in the shade early morning or in the evening. I agree about America.. I love her and pray that the problems will get resolved. Have a great day! Marilyn

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I'm glad you reached out to Linda. She will help you a lot. We are having really hot weather here this weekend. Supposed to cool down later on in the week..Hope you had a good weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kinga. It is fun puttering around for me..xxoJudy

      Delete
  16. Been so busy in my garden I skipped being online for sunshine, but as you know today is TOO much sunshine, when it hits 100 my days are done before noon! Lovely post as usual with your thankfulness and photos. So glad Linda is helping you, she is such a sweet person, hoping one day we can all meet, one normal day with 70 degree temps, does the mean November?! 😱 your iris is lovely. So glad you want to try the lemon pudding recipe, it bakes up with a lemon curd center, I think its best in a souffle dish for the depth, I'm doubling the recipe today we love it so much with pureed raspberry sauce! enjoy today, I read a ww2 book yesterday that brought me to tears making today all that much more powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jain. If I had a garden like yours I would be outside all the time. But, yes, days like these are best sitting quietly inside. My mouth waters every time I think about your lemon cake, so I will be making it later this week. I love those iris and they are beautiful. I waited so long for them to show a bloom and when they finally did, it only makes me wanting more..Enjoy the days to come..xxoJudy

      Delete
    2. When I divide my iris this summer I will be happy to share 😊

      Delete
    3. Oh, that would be wonderful. Thanks so much, Jain. Hope you had a good weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  17. Judy,
    Yes, you have a lot to be Thankful for! Loved this post...I am going to try to change over my subscription service from Feedburner to Mailchimp myself and if I have issues, I will use Linda's service. I already contacted he...Thanks for sharing that...Stay Safe, Healthy and Happy!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I just couldn't do it by myself so I was glad to have her to turn to. Good luck..xxoJudy

      Delete
  18. So many pretty treasures to share. I'm thankful for our friendship, Judy. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah, for your kind words, and I for yours..Hope you are having a great week..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy