Tuesday, June 1, 2021

A SWEET AND HAPPY DAY...



 







REMEMBER

 ALL WHO HAVE SACRIFICED...





Saturday was Tami's birthday. 

 She had to work on her birthday

 so she and Tim drove up to the Cottage on Sunday. 

 Jake and Jacenda came from San Francisco 

and they all arrived around 10 AM.  

We had a really great visit,

 the first one since Christmas of 2019.  

We had seen each other at our SIL memorial service

 but that was for just a short time

 and we were all masked up.

It was also a celebration for Jacenda's graduation.





I had this post planned out a few days ago

 and I was planning on showing all the food that we all contributed to the day 

but, of course, we were so involved in

 talking and catching up

 that we had eaten the whole dinner before 

I realized that I didn't take any photos.  


Tami and Tim brought 

home made tamales, Spanish rice 

and all the toppings to go with it. 

 Jake and Jacenda brought dessert.

 They chose a mixture of all good sweets from the oldest bakery in San Francisco.

 We each had a taste of a different dessert. 

 The Captain and I only contributed 

a green salad and green beans.  

Tami also brought this darling little whimsy

 that you see (above) to me.  

We sure did have a good celebration 

but it seems like the guests provided

 more than the host and hostess! 

 How did we get so lucky

 to have the kids that we do?





It is the first time 

I have decorated a table for guests in a long time. 

It was done very simply 

leaving the food and the people as the actual stars

along with the napkin rings!






The seats of honor...

for the Birthday Girl and the Nurse Graduate.






I hope you all had 

a festive and fun filled holiday with your families. 

 All I can say is

 how good it is

 to be together again.





Everyone had to be back to work 
and Bo, Rosie and the cats were holding down the fort in Santa Cruz, 
so it was a short visit...

just one day,

 one that was wonderful and so fulfilling 
after such a long time apart,

 a very sweet and happy day.






Finally, the last iris has opened up.

 A light lavender with orange throat.

 Really beautiful.


Have a wonderful week.



...Judy...





    Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda


Keep In Touch at Let's Add Sprinkles

23 comments:

  1. Such a happy and way over do celebration for all. I feel your excitement just by reading your words.
    I have done the same, eat all the food before even thinking of taking a picture of it. Love all of your decorations and that darling whimsy. Never seen anything like that. So unique. Pretty bowl of lemons and that milk jug candle, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to ask if you know of any application that can be used when the follow by email is gone? I can't find any to take it's place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Betsy. We did have a perfect day. Wish they could have stayed a little longer but we take what we can get!! Isn't that little whimsy darling. She said she thought it was cute but when it came she debated on whether to give it to me or not, she thought it looked a little tacky, but I am so glad she did. I love it and I had never seen anything like it so I am really happy with it. xxoJudy I am sending you a separate e-mail about your other question..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. You provided the cottage and your beautiful dining room, I'd say that's enough. So glad you had a nice time with your family. You've been so good throughout this pandemic I'm glad you were able to enjoy your family, if just for a day. They'll be more to come. Loved that last picture with the lemons and flags. So pretty. Also, happy belated birthday to Tami and congratulations to Jacenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words. It has been a long time but it is getting better. We will take the great times one day at a time..Happy Day..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Judy,
    The food sounds so yummy!! I did the same thing..Took some pics before but did not take pics during! Glad you had a wonderful time with your family!! I get my second shot of the Moderna on Saturday and I plan on being deathly ill all weekend but that is okay as it is better than getting co vid....I will still wear a mask when I am considered fully vaccinated because I don't trust other people.Was in Nursing too long to fall for people telling the truth about their own health. I love all your sweet Patriotic decorations in your charming cottage!! everything looks so warm and inviting but it always does!!Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. I agree with you 100% all the way round. I have become very cynical over all of this past year. There seems to be so many that won't get vaccinated, some with good reasons, some without. The only person you can count on is yourself so I plan on wearing the mask around others that I don't know too. I am getting better though, about being in a crowded situation like the grocery store. I really believe that the mask is the way to go for however long we have to..Happy Day.xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Oh Judy, what a lovely day, so wonderful to be with family again.
    I enjoyed your post, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. It was a very lovely day. A long time coming..Enjoy the week..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a perfect day! Your family together, a fabulous dinner, a gorgeous table. It couldn't be better. I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not set a table in over a year too. Yummy, I love tamales and also love your table setting...especially that post with the flas. So patriotic and inviting! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. It was fun to be able to do it. Tim is an outstanding cook. He does all the cooking for his family which makes Tami very happy!. It would me too..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a lovely day spent with family and good food, Judy. I'm glad you were finally able to get together. I bet it was wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. It really was and so glad the time has come..Have a wonderful week..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. A very important day. We should always remember and keep heroes at heart. Beautiful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and you are so right. I appreciate your visit..Have a wonderful week..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Judy, I'm late getting in my visits. Your patriotic post inspires me. I've not brought out my patriotic things as yet. With this remodel, I'm reluctant to. Hopefully by end of summer I'll have my house back in order. 😂😂😂
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. I bet you are counting the days until it gets done. I can't wait to see..Have a wonderful week..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. How Sweet Judy that you could have that wonderful get together with your sweet family. It is so nice to see we are slowly but surely getting back to our lives. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Yes, it is slowly but surely and it is so good..Happy June..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad you finally got to have a good visit with your family! I've seen my son twice since the beginning of 2020, and am so grateful for that! We all wore our masks on the first visit, back in July of 2020, but this last time (April), we didn't. I just miss hugging my son! I have seen my sister often as they live close, and though we would always wear masks in 2020, we've become lax in doing so now. I love how you decorated your table.. it is so pretty and festive. Have a lovely week! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. It was so good to be together with the kids. We didn't wear masks this time but we have all been vaccinated with our two shots. I will still wear a mask out and about when I don't know the people. I will not even trust when they say they have been vaccinated if I don't know them. I am not as trustworthy as I once was..Happy June..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy