Tuesday, June 7, 2022

MOVING ALONG...

 







It has been awhile since I last posted. 

 During that time we have been on the top rung of the ladder but also on the bottom.

  I am surprised that I have been away from blogging this long

 as I truly love all that it entails and cherish the friends I have made. 

 I plan on coming back strong soon

 and can't really explain why I am lagging a bit now 

except to say that maybe the last couple of years are finally taking their toll. 

 I am getting excited that summer is coming.  

I am getting excited to go to the nursery and pick out some pretty flowers 

and to see some brightness returning around me. 

 I need to have a story to tell 

and when there is not much but the status quo, 

I can't seem to get motivated. 

 A blank slate can be pretty boring and uninteresting.


I guess I will start on the bottom rung, 

as I imagine you are wondering about that...




Our little Kai boy has crossed over the rainbow bridge to join his pack. 

 Ashley, Curly, Buddy and Maggie were waiting for him there

 and even though they never met, I'm sure it will be a happy reunion. 

 His diabetes seemed to be in check and I do think he was feeling better in that respect, 

but his spine issues were getting progressively worse and that was painful for him. 

 After long bouts of sitting or laying down, it was really hard for him to get back on his feet. 

 He drug his little back feet and that was causing him to fall.

  Sometimes he would fall on his back and couldn't get back up without help.

  He was crying a lot and we knew it was time to let him go. 

 All the muscles were shot in his back end and he was having trouble controlling his bodily functions. 

 He was a very good boy and he loved his people very much, especially his Papa.  

He was like velcro, so much so that I seemed to have trouble with stepping on his feet. 

He loved me but didn't care for my feet very much and would go after them every chance he got. 

 He had lost most of his teeth but he had very strong jaws! 

 He was a big part of our little family 

and we are missing him terribly.  









In the time I have taken off 

you would expect that I would be working wonders with all the projects that I would love to get done,

 but my back issues are ongoing so I can only do so much at one time without sitting down. 

 Of course, while I am sitting, the time could be well spent by turning on the TV,

 just until I had rested!  

Wish me luck with that one. 

 But, I am learning to accept that fact and now don't get all hot and bothered about it. 

 I know it will get done eventually and that is all that matters.  

The three rooms, above , have all been cleaned well and I am just moving on from there, day by day. 

 The Captain is working diligently to restore the Secret Garden.

 It seems to be, at this point, a thankless job,

 but he is keeping at it and we can see improvement day by day also.




We did get the driveway done

 and it is now waiting to get some pretty put back on, 

kind of like lipstick on a pig!




I haven't been painting that much 

but I have been doing a little practicing of free hand drawing. 

 The three subjects, above, are the results so far. 

 I am quite proud of the lemon. 

 I will be glad when I can get the hang of doing leaves.


This post will probably not be the start of a new beginning.

  I imagine I will write when I have something to say 

and there will be a few times yet before getting back on track. 


 I read all your posts but don't always get the time to answer

 but just know that I am keeping up.  

Our counts of Covid, like most places, are constantly rising 

and we are still conscious of how to leave the house responsibly. 

 We are still wearing the mask

 but notice that not too many others are. 

 I just can't justify the chances.


Stay safe and, if you haven't already, 

please subscribe to Gold Country Cottage  (the box on the right) 

 as I will be popping up again, hopefully, sooner than later.


...Judy...





Keep dancing sweet boy!


Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda



28 comments:

  1. I was so happy and sad to see your post. I couldn't help think of the lyrics, 'For every time there is a season...'. Adjusting to life as it is at this time in our lives seems to be a bit harder, more thoughtful, and more meaningful. Blogging becomes a hassle instead of well, fun. Hugs to you on your journey, and well, the season's change and it goes on. You will find your new voice and adjust, again, HUGS, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. I really appreciate your confidence in me. Life is changing all the time and our perspectives with it. I don't feel as driven as I used to be and that is sometimes hard to accept, but you have to and it gets easier as time goes by. I am moving along at a different rate of speed and find that I am accepting it better each day. I do get bogged down, sometimes, in the way the world works, but am trusting all my blessings, of which I have many, will continue to carry me along..Hope all is well with you..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Glad to see your post and such lovely art. I am sorry for the loss of your sweet doggie. We love them so much. Your home looks so warm and friendly and welcoming! I see lots of progress there! Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bernideen. We have lost a few pets over the years but when it happens again it is just like the first time. I hope all is well with you and am looking forward to summer and all that comes with it..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Hello sweet friend. So happy you popped into my email this morning with your post. Sorry to hear about little Kai. I know you loved him and he so loved you. I have cut way back on blogging too. I have been doing it for over 13 years and love the friendships but now with being in a small condo for retirement I do not have a lot of things with decor changes to blog about. I will blog when I can too. We lost our Buddy over the rainbow bridge way too soon 2 weeks ago. I feel your loss and pain. So happy Summer is upon us. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. We are devastated about his loss especially Jerry. They were such good buddies. I am devastated to hear about your Buddy too. That must have been a shock. I find that I can only write about changing up my parlor mantel only so often and so I will take time away and post when something is new and exciting..Hope you are doing well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Oh Judy... I'm so sorry about the loss of sweet Kai. It's so hard. I totally "get" your not blogging as much. I've been the same. I just can't think of things that are very interesting or exciting, and don't even want to blog about my home as it's the same ole same ole... and has been for a long time now. After I had Covid myself, some things that meant alot back then, now don't seem to have as much meaning to me. Just life I guess. I'm sorry your back has been bothering you. I wish I could help! I know the feeling, that's for sure and have to pace myself too. Your home looks so lovely as I look at the photos. I'd like to get back into making my photos "pretty" for my blog! I used to do that but don't much anymore. Again.. a loss of interest in that. Glad your driveway and secret garden are being put back together! Take care of yourslef... xoxoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. Outside of the obvious, my interest have always been about keeping house, decorating and gardening. When I am unable to do much of those things it gets me down. My mind is going as fast as it ever was, it is just the old body that is not always cooperating. I am not kicking myself, but just trying to accept what is and keep up blogging when there is something new and interesting to write about. I can't justify showing the same stuff over and over. So I will when I can. I do miss taking photos and writing but ten years is a long time and I think I need a little more time to regroup..Hope you are staying well and maybe a nice summer will rejuvinate all of us..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Judy, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Kai. It's always so hard to say goodbye to our furry family members. Sending prayers and virtual hugs your way. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jane. It was a hard pill to swallow especially for hubby. They were joined at the hip and he really misses Kai. I want to thank you for your concerns and hope you are doing well..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Hello Judy! It was so good to see your post today. I've missed them. I'm sorry to hear about Kai. Sending you big hugs. It's a tough loss. I totally understand your blogging break. I've been on a rather unintentional one myself. There's been so much construction and DIY going on around here, that I've been lost in the doing more than the writing about what I've done. I'm so behind, I have to catch up. I do hope your back is feeling better soon, but yes, you have to listen to your body. I hope you do share again soon. I love reading anything you have to say. xxoo Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I have missed being here but just don't have anything interesting to write about. Trying to get a few little things done and will tell more about that later. Last I heard you were making some progress in the renovations. I can't wait to see the results and know how long that can take. Keep looking for me as I will turn back up like a bad penny!!..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Judy,
    I am so sorry to hear about sweet Kai!! He was a good boy and knew he was very much loved...So very sorry for your loss....
    Sometimes we need to take a break...I know you are benefiting from your break but I am looking forward to your return as I do so love your posts...I decided to decorate my Dining Room as a Tea room for the Summer. I sure had a lot of fun doing so and shared it in 3 posts...Stop by to see what I did when you get a chance....Take care and hope to see another new post for you soon, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. It was a hard loss but we are doing better. I am anxious to stop over to see what you have done. and hopefully I will be back with something new soon..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Oh, Judy, I am so sorry to hear about losing your little Kai. Losing our little companions sure does take the light out of life for a good, long while. He had a wonderful life with so much love. Sending you a big hug. I can understand taking the blog break. I don't blog as much lately, either. It's hard to feel inspired these days. I'm sorry that your back is bothering you and I hope with summer coming you can enjoy the warmth of the sun to help you feel better. Your paintings are so pretty, and your sweet home is always delightful to visit. It looks like you have been having lots of noise and commotion going on with the new driveway, but it will be so nice when it is all done. Don't stay away too long. You are definitely missed! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. It was very hard losing Kai and I know you understand that. The driveway was a noisy job but glad it is done. I have some silly, crafty ideas for there and hope I can implement them in time to make a showing for summer. I haven't put any flowers in yet as I was waiting for the Secret Garden to be ready, but it turning into a much longer job that we thought so hopefully I can have some pretty flowers for the summer. It is warming up considerably. At this pace being outside won't be much fun..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Hi Judy, I think the last few years with Covid have jerked the fun out of many many of us. Having back issues is just the pits as I've been there and even hitting the year mark after major surgery, I still find difficulty in stamina and ability to get around like before. Both of our sweet kitties passed this last year, and even though they were both old and sick it still hurts and I miss them terribly. They were with us for 18 years and were very much loved and a part of the family. I agree with seasons in our life; sometimes we need to take a break or make a change and that's okay. Enjoy your planting time and flowers and look for the sparks of joy in the small things each day. Take care of yourself, so good to see your post. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debra. It is so hard to lose our animals. We still have Robin and love her so much but I don't think we will get any more. This one was a hard on and we have had a few. I have not contemplated any back surgery but I am noticing that I used to have it once in awhile, now it seems to be constant and I think my hip may be involved too. I am enjoying my time away but missing it also, if that makes sense. I am hoping I will come back soon..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. So sorry to hear about your sweet boy Kai. We too lost out sweet kitty Ace. Its such a loss to lose a family member. and our pets do become a family member. Glad to see your driveway is complete and that you will soon get your pretty flowers. Also hope your back issues no longer are an issue. Its so hard getting old. My one arm is getting arthritis in it now. UGH Take care my friend and keep on painting! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I'm so sorry it is taking me so long to answer but life is slow right now and even though I don't like it, it is kind of nice!! Bet that makes a lot of sense. It is hard to age but we just have to keep in mind the alternative! Keep well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. oh Judy, I am sorry about Kai, but I'm glad that you had him as your sweet buddy for so long :)
    I agree with you...all dogs go to heaven!
    It's hard to say goodbye, and just know that I'm sending you hugs.
    Your paintings are so pretty, and I think you keep getting better and better. Happy for you to have finally gotten the driveway re~done.
    Take care and don't overdo things. Make time for gentle days, and enjoy these sweet summer times :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kerin. There is a lot of gentle day time around here. I am enjoying just taking it slow and getting little things done bit by bit. I would really wish I had all the energy that I used to, but I'm trying not to complain too much. Thanks for your thoughts about Kai, it is really hard but we are progressing. I haven't even been painting but I need to get back to it. Will be back soon but not constantly. Unless I have fun stuff to show and talk about..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about Kai.It is so sad :( Losing a friend is always painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. It is a hard time but we are enjoying our little Robin..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. Im sorry you lost your fur baby, Kai. and its nice to see progress coming along with your Secret Garden.
    I haven't been blogging much lately. I'm busy with gardening, housecleaning and company.
    And I'm not getting any younger. I turned 75 this past May and have aches and pains also.
    Your paintings are beautiful and the lemon looks perfect.
    Take care of your back and I hope it feels better soon
    Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Thelma. It is hard to get older and experience the things that come with it, but it is a teachable moment and am trying to learn how to do it right! There is so much good and adjustments can be made..Hope your aches and pains stay small and take care..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  14. Hello Judy, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet fur baby Kai crossing over Rainbow Bridge. There is always a hole in our hearts. I hope you are doping ok. Summer is heating up. Take care of yourself. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. We are doing better and he will be a wonderful memory for us. Hope you are surviving our heat wave. Should be better over the 4th..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy