Tuesday, October 18, 2022

A LITTLE MORE AUTUMN...

 







I have done a bit more decorating. 

 With each accomplishment, I find that normalcy is returning around me. 

 Stress is a frightening thing. 
 It can rob a person 
of all ambition and drive, 
 more easily than we
 could even think possible.   
But, in time,
 life around here is settling down
 and we are getting
 our "good vibrations" back.





I always like having the entry tell the story of what is going on at the Cottage. 

 I have so many boxes 

of fall decor packed away

 but it just seemed like too much work

 to pull it all out. 

 Luckily, when I put things away last year, 

for some reason 

I stuck a few things in places that were easy to get to 

and that is what I have used. 

 There probably is a similarity

 to last year's scheme but

 it does the job for now.






I love the "Witchy Woman" 

gifted to me by a dear friend.





I hurriedly put this arrangement

 on the parlor mantel 

at the beginning of spring. 

 Now, with the addition of 

a few colorful branches

 and some candles to warm it up,

it has taken on an 

acceptable version of autumn.









 




The game table in the sitting room 

looks so pretty with the sun shining in

and with the few leafy branches 

that are left over,

 I think it looks like just enough.

Maybe I'm learning...






...then again, 

maybe not!


At last posting I mentioned I had a surprise. 

 We had a credit card and I made arrangements with the bank 

to take money automatically out of our account to make the payments on it. 

 When it was paid off, 

I forgot to cancel those arrangements 

so the bank continued to do so. 

 I got a check from the bank

 for a good amount of money 

that I didn't know we had

 (I guess that is another shining moment of the golden years)

 so we treated ourselves to:





Our new couch. 

 I have always wanted a leather sofa so this is what we bought. 

 It is very comfortable and I like the color. 

 Hopefully it will hold up

 better than our last one 

but time will tell.





In the meantime,

 I am contemplating whether to paint the walls a different color or not. 

 We had the lighter color walls but were unhappy with them.  

Maybe with this different color couch 

it would look better.  

Then again, I absolutely love 

the darker, moody, jewel colors 

and wonder if maybe a dark navy

 and a different rug would be pretty.





The color we have on the walls now is pretty dark 

but my camera sees them as much lighter than they actually are. 

 If you have any ideas,

 please feel free to let me know.  

I find that decisions like this are hard 

for me to visualize.

 I love playing around with accessories

 but the basic scheme sometimes

 doesn't always compute.





I am also thinking of the walls
 as a little more creamy
 such as the same color as 
the background in the entry wallpaper 
and the carpet under the blue rug.
 What would you think of that? 
The same bright white trim 
is used in both rooms.
 I just don't want it to look bland 
as I do love color.





We have been having 

some wonderful weather. 

 Our leaves are not turning much yet,

 it has been too warm, 

but the breezes are soft

 and the sun is just warm enough. 

 I can't help it but my thoughts

 are turning strongly to Christmas

 and it drives the Captain nuts. 

 Hope all is well with everyone.


...xxoJudy...





Until next time ...Sweet Dreams

.

Sharing today with:




22 comments:

  1. Well that was a nice surprise, and what a lovely couch!! You know me, I adore color, so I think the sofa looks fabulous against that blue wall. It pops!! I'm sure whatever you do will look great, Judy. You have an eye for design. Enjoy that couch!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. Yes, it does pop! Maybe a bit too much? I hate these decisions. Because our rooms are so open to each other I feel like I have to coordinate! and when I see sofas that are similar, they seem to showcase them in a dark color room or a gray color room. Gray I do not want. We have plenty of light in the room and I do love those European styled rooms that have dark walls AND matching woodwork. It seems I could go on and on with what I like but I am making it harder on myself at this point. As they say, it is only paint!! xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. I love the couch with your blue but a cream color would probably be nice too. You love color so probably should stay with what you love. Love seeing the witchy pilgrim girl in your decor. Glad she got a good home. Have a good week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. I do love color, but the blue is looking too bright even though it looks darker to my eye rather than the camera. I love the rich, European rooms where the deeper colors are used and the woodwork is painted the same color. Sure glad this is the only problem I have right now! xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Hi, Judy. Glad to see you feeling a bit better. Yes, decorating has to be organic, something you want to do---to live a bit of change here and there. On the paint, why not leave one wall the blue---and do the others the cream/offwhite you have been thinking about---then if you are really brave paint that blue wall darker---or wallpaper it with something dark and light? You have all kinds of warm tones in the room, I think that might work well. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. That is a good idea. If I just painted the one wall that the couch is on in navy and then stand back in the entry I couldn't see the other walls and maybe that would be a help.before I painted the whole room. The operative word in that last sentence is "I" since "I" won't be doing the painting! so that may or may not go over too well! Anyway, I think I will get another rug, after I save up some more $$..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Most of my rooms are painted in a neutral color so I can add color in so I am not one to suggest a color for your walls. I do have my room painted in a colonial blue, but am tiring of that too. So happy you were able to get a knew couch! I love your autumn touches everywhere. This is my favorite season for color. but I always hate what comes next. Loving all of your Autumn displays, especially when you ad in the blue. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I've been thinking hard and I think I have come up with what I hope will look good. I love the blue and will always have it somewhere, but that couch is just a little to bright for the blue that I have now. Don't know when I will get around to getting it done, painting (walls) is not one of my favorite past , times so have to wait until Jerry can use his arm more..I love autumn too, the weather and all the colors that go with it..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Love the couch and it actually looks good against the walls. I have painted everything neutral in our condo...an off white called Irish mist. You have some wonderful fall touches there-Just enough to yell FALL! I hope you have a great Thursday. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana. Yelling is right! That;s what I feel like that wall and couch are doing! I might have it figured out I always start out thinking I should do neutral on the rugs and walls as I always admire that in other people's homes but, as you can see, I never end up there..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. The couch looks great and very comfortable.
    Enjoy your Autumn days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. It is very comfortable and I really like it. Don't get to see it too much because I put a blanket over it for the dogs. I don't trust their sharp little nails. I will have to take a lot of pics so I can enjoy the look of it!..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Judy, a nice surprise is always welcome. Love your new couch. I think painting the walls a neutral color will make your chair and other accessories pop. Happy Sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I am starting to lean that way, I think. Don't suppose anything will happen until after Christmas though..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Hi Judy, Love all the warm and cozy fall decor! I really love the mantel and the gorgeous arrangement on the table. So nice to have an unexpected windfall and you really picked a beautiful sofa. I do like the idea of using a warm cream color for the walls - it will highlight all your pretty things and complement your new sofa. So glad that you are feeling less stressed out - it really does zap your energy and hard to get motivated when you have so much on your mind. Your little pup looks so content. Hope the two of them form a bond soon - it is only a matter of time and patience. Hope you have a lovely week enjoying this wonderful season. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. Warm cream sounds like a good choice and maybe I will bring the navy into a new rug. The room is so open to the parlor that it needs to tie together. The pups are getting better together, Robin did play with him on ONE occasion, but mostly she just tolerates him. It is hard getting used to having a puppy again. They are a different specie!!..Happy Monday to you..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Judy,
    OMG! I LOVE the new sofa and I do LOVE how it looks in that room as it is! You know me...I am a lover of deep rich color and to me, that room looks so incredibly cozy and charming!! Very warm and inviting....I would leave it as is because I think it is perfect!! The cottage looks lovely as always in Fall colors!! I too am thinking of Christmas and since it took me 30 days to decorate last year, I need to start early...I started my Home Tour already on my Christmas blog and I will be decorating the front porch today as we are having some unseasonably warm weather for November!! Temps. near 70! I have decorated outside far too many times in 30 below degrees so I do not care how early it is!! It will be done because the weather here in NEPA can change in a heartbeat!! I hope you have a great weekend and glad to hear that you and the Captain are doing well!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I do love color but the blue walls and rug are just looking a little bright to me. I thought the sofa would be a little more "saddle leather" then I might have liked the scheme as is. It will be awhile yet before anything is done so have some time to change my mind. I have put up one garland on the parlor mantel as I got new lights for it after the string burned out last year. Sad to say, I got incandescent lights this time. I just could not stand those LEDs. I know they are energy efficient but I just don't like them. With my eye problem everything looks brighter and more glary to me now. Happy Days until Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. I think I missed this blog post for some reason Judy! I LOVE your new couch!!! Wow and double wow. What a pop it makes. The blues and golds and autumn colors are just stunning! We had Fall and now winter is starting here! Snow coming this next week I think.. we've already had one skiff the other day, and now rain and wind. It hits with a vengence it seems. Your Fall decorating is so so pretty. I always enjoy it so much! Hope you are both doing well? I've had upper back problems and pain, but today if seems better finally. I had a yard sale and did LOTS of moving and lifting, etc. Plus some outdoor work I did I should have gotten help with, but didn't. I've been laying low and crafting! xoxoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. We got a little snow too and then some rain. Now it is just cold!! I hate to hear about anybody's back problems because I know how much that can hurt. I think I am destined to have mine until eternity. My eye is doing so much better. Each time I go to the doc's he says he is amazed. I feel very lucky and my back problems don't seem as important!..Take care and Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. Amazing rooms, nice deco <3 Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chats on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed. After two weeks I went to the test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of disease.    

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy