Tuesday, February 7, 2017

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS...










Home Is Where The Heart Is...

I know 
it sounds cliche, 
but there is a lot of truth 
in that one statement...

"Every house 
where love abides
And friendship is a guest
Is surely home
 - and home sweet home -
For there 
the heart 
can rest."

Henry Van Dyke


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~












Here are a few 
of the hearts 
that abide 
in our home...








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A few years ago
 Tami and I 
started watching the show,
 "Little People, Big World".

 If you are not familiar with the show,
 it follows the lives of 
the Roloff family. 

 The parents, Amy and Matt,
 are both little 
and they have four children: 
 twin sons, Jeremy and Zack.
  Jeremy is average size and Zack is little.
  Daughter, Molly and another son, Jacob,
 who are both average size. 
 They live on a farm in Oregon
 where they raise pumpkins.

  The kids were just babies 
when the series started
 and now they have gone through 
college, marriages, 
Matt and Amy's divorce 
and are awaiting the birth 
of a first grandchild. 

 We have both enjoyed their story
 throughout the years 
and now Amy is faced with 
the prospects of dating 
and being on her own.

She is testing the waters 
to see if she can find
 a niche
 in the business world and...




...Tami gifted us 
with one of her cookies 
from her limited line
for Valentine's Day. 

 A sweet and thoughtful gift
 and it didn't last long.

Thank you
 Tim, Tami and Jake.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Of course, 
the "new" farmhouse kitchen 
has to show that 
it has 
"heart" too...





...with the table set
 for a Valentine's dinner 
for two...




Please notice the attempt at two heart shaped meat balls!


...Lady and the Tramp style.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








I ordered this sweet card from
Marilyn 
at Pink Paper Cottage.

 She is just a very lovely lady
 and so creative. 
 Of her many talents, 
she scans
 fabric scraps into her computer 
and turns them into 
beautiful papers 
which she then fashions into 
the most wonderful greeting cards
 with coordinating envelopes.

  This sweet card is for someone very special.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Hope you all have
 a loving Valentine's Day 
and find the
 heart
 in your home.


...Judy...





Sharing today with:













































12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Judy. You have some lovely hearts collected around your cottage. I've never seen the TV show you mentioned but heard of it. I'm surprised it's been on for so long! How nice to receive the heart cookie. I'm sure Amy's business will be a success. Everyone loves cookies! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 this!! Who is the someone special that sent you the car?? The cottage looks beautiful!! And even though it's dark, cold and raining outside I'm sure the cottage is a glow from all the love inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch that show and so disappointed they divorced. Will have to pick back up on it. That looks like one sweet cookie that wouldn't last long with me either.
    Sweet decor you've shared along with that yummy meal set in a sweet way too.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, Happy Valentine's to you too. Yes, there are definitely hearts within our home. Hearts are the subject of my post this week as well. Love seeing yours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy- What a beautiful, beautiful post. I love all your hearts-even the meatballs..lol. I used to watch that show but haven't seen it in a long time.
    I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have a lot of hearts abiding there at the cottage, very festive and cute! Your meatballs are great! I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of hearts and love living your home, Judy! They are gorgeous one and all...especially those meatballs! My mom always said, food is love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy,
    I use to watch that show too but have not seen it in a long time. Love all your sweet hearts through out your home. How fun and delish are those heart shaped meatballs. You are just too cute. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy, I love all the hearts you found in your home décor. Beautiful. Your kitchen is just gorgeous. I feel sad for Matt and Amy. :( Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the pictures are so adorable.. the beautiful ride in the picture, is that you Judy? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post Judy, love all the hearts.

    Happy Valentine's Day. Are you getting rain, it is raining now and I love it.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. As evidenced by all of your beautiful and sweet hearts, there is definitely LOVE in your home! I love every single one .. the ones with lace, the ones with paper rosettes, the ones made out of meat(!).. the garland in the kitchen, the one made from an old quilt.. they are all so wonderful and fun. I love hearts but don't have that many throughout my home. I should remedy that! Would be fun to go around and find them. Thank you for showing my card.. it looks neat in that it looks almost old! Your Valentine's table looks all ready for a nice little intimate dinner with the candles lighting up the area.... just love your home and how you've made it so cozy. And I used to watch Little People, Big World and was sad when they split up.. the wedding barn idea of Matt's was a bit much for them! Matt did seem to just take off on tangents! Amy's little kitchen idea is very sweet. I hope she does well with it. I don't get TLC anymore and missed watching the last episodes. Is it still one? I also love the Little Couple I think it's called but haven't seen it for a couple of years either. They are both little people - she a doctor.. and adopted two little babies from India.. very interesting and fun story but don't know what has become of them either. Take care and have a nice Valentine's Day! xoxoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy