Tuesday, January 15, 2019

JUST ANOTHER WINTER'S DAY...











It's another sparkly morning outside 
and for one little girl 
it is an 
under cover day.






A few more snowmen
 have come out 
as more of the Christmas decorations 
get boxed up.






This is what the library 
looks like right now 
until we put the totes away 
where they belong. 

 Whether it looks like it, or not, 
I have pared the decorations down
 to one tote per room 
with the exception of the parlor. 
There will be two 
for in there 
as the ornaments for the big tree 
take up more space.

  I am quite proud of myself 
as I managed to fill three totes 
for the thrift shop, 
and it really wasn't as hard 
as I thought 
it would be.











I hope the warmth 
of the cotton 
make the snowmen feel 
like they have come 
in from the cold...





...and the warm sun
 streaming through the window 
should help also. 

 We closed the french doors 
between the parlor and the sitting room.
  It makes for a more
 warm and cozy space 
where we spend 
most of our time.











Tami and Tim
 gave us an Instant Pot for Christmas. 

 This is a really great new appliance.
  It is fast, and easy 
and the clean-up is 
almost non-existent.





I could not get
 a decent photo of food 
with my old camera 
and this new one 
doesn't seem to be much better. 
 Perhaps
 it's the photographer?
  As Ina often says, 
"it looks like a dog's breakfast".

  Nevertheless,
 this meal of 
pork chops, basmati rice and vegetables 
tasted so much better
 than it looks.

 The actual cooking time
 of the meal, itself, 
was seven minutes 
but it takes about five minutes
 to get up to pressure 
and then about ten minutes 
to let the pressure out,
 so from pot to table is
 usually less than 25 minutes,
 depending on the recipe.

  I ordered the cook book
 through Amazon 
and so far the recipes have been good. 
 We are really enjoying it 
and, as I said, 
the whole process 
is really so easy.












I can't think of anything nicer,
 on a cold day,
 than a hot bath,
 scented with my pretty Christmas presents 
from Jake and Jacenda...





...and this 
is where I'm going to spend 
the end of 
this winter's day.


How will you spend yours?






...Judy...






Sharing today with:


and


17 comments:

  1. How funny...we have the same bath tubs. Only mine is enclosed at the bottom. Aren't they the most wonderfully comfortable tubs for relaxing and soaking in, you can really lean back and enjoy. I just got all of my tubs of decorations put back down in the basement this weekend. It is a chore but well worth the yearly effort. Love all of you snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the snowmen, my mother collects snowmen and you have some clever looking ones. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures I enjoyed my visit may I invite you to come see us at
    http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks cozy and beautiful...Love the cute snowmen!Hugs,dear Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end of today will be spent visiting my blog friends. Love your snowmen. I see you have quite the collection of silhouettes. Hope you enjoyed your bath! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your dish looks delicious and it looks like great Christmas Put Away progress at your house! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food is no doubt delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have ever seen your Victorian bathroom! Love all your silhouettes!! What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your snowfolk. Especially the rustic ones. I'm with you on Christmas -- it's all down(stairs) but needs to get in its compartments. I'm purging as I go along so giving myself permission to take some time. That's always dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post and kudos for paring down your Christmas---three totes to thrift stores IS a mighty accomplishment. Love the bathtub....having a long tub to lounge in is a real treat!....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that bathtub looks so inviting! Love those petal soaps. And the blues and creams in the sitting room(?) make it look so cool and wintery. I love the red bottle snowman! Never noticed it before. I had thought of an instant pot too, but so far haven't. We really don't have anywhere to store it... so will probably stick with the oven. I love your wide array of photos this time... so fun to look at. We had a little snow here this morning and is still on the ground.. so very pretty... as long as only a sprinkling! My job now is to pare down some tubs of Christmas stuff too. If I put it all away now, it will never get done, so am leaving them out in the garage so I can go through them. I did take one tub to the animal shelter thrift store in November. Now it's too late, but I guess they can store them somewhere until next season (I hope so). I just see tons of people bringing in their overflow and the poor thrift stores may not have anywhere to store it all! Seems like everyone is wanting to pare down in 2019! Hugs... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing all your sweet snow peeps still out for winter decor. That bath tub looks so inviting. A nice bath to soak and relax is great at the end of a busy day. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweet snowmen - so many different personalities! I had to laugh at the totes in the library - my bedroom looked the same....it's a process and I love your idea of one tote per room. Your little pup has the right idea on a cold, January day - so cute. Wonderful way to end the day - a nice soak in a beautiful tub and cuddling up on the sofa amidst all the sweet pillows! Hope you have a lovely weekend, my dear. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on to visit with your posts. I, too, have put Christmas away and am leaving just a few snowmen out to enjoy. I remember the ones you made depicting "Downton Abbey".........they are so cute.
    I have taken LOTS of things to a consignment shop and am so glad they are gone. Need to keep going back with things that I don't want anymore.
    The weather here has been atrocious for the past few days. The temperature is going below zero on Monday. I've decided I don't like winter anymore and if we can't have snow on Christmas eve......I don't want any.
    Looking forward to my flowers to start popping through the ground.
    Have a beautiful day and weekend.
    Charlotte in Va.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy!!
    What a lovely post filled with so much eye candy!! I LOVE the use of the cotton items in your Winter decor. They are not available around here , even in Michaels. I can't believe how much you have reduced your Christmas decor too. I am not ready to do that yet as most of mine is very sentimental. Maybe when we move into an apartment I will have to reduce my Holiday decor but that may not be for another 10 years yet. Your snow men are so darn cute!!!!Love the ones in the photo with the one made out of a salt shaker!! And your tub and the area around it is breath taking!! Have you done a post on your bathroom before???? If not, I wish you would because it looks magazine worthy to me!! Also your Kitchen....I would love to see your Kitchen again, my friend!!!! You know I just adore your beautiful home!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Judy,

    I so enjoyed this post, my friend! Your house looks lovely and cozy, and I love your winter vignettes. My favorite might just be the pretty bathtub with rose soap petals. I have that same tray/shelf in my bathtub. So handy, isn't it?

    I, too, am putting my snowmen out here and there around the house. I do enjoy this time of year -- a little break before the busyness of spring rolls around. I got a chuckle out of your comment about "dog's breakfast." Too funny. :D

    Thanks so much for your recent visit and I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your insta pot meal looks so good. Love the rice with vegetables.
    You have everything so cozy. It's 14 degrees here now and ice water comes out my spigot. Like my husband said, "its winter".
    I always have loved the scent of rose water, petals and cologne. I see there is a Rose perfume by Tabu. I may have to try it.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh...what a beautiful bathroom! How have I missed that? We have the same floor, but you have gorgeous tub and I love what you've done with the decor. It's a very charming space, but I'm not surprised at all. I can now officially say that I love every room in your house!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy