Tuesday, December 10, 2019

THE SOUNDS OF CHRISTMAS - PART FOUR - A CHRISTMAS COTTAGE TOUR - 2019













I have loved the idea of flags
 on the Christmas tree 
ever since I saw a picture 
in a Victorian magazine many years ago.
  Since then
 I have been displaying 
the red, white and blue 
on at least one of our trees every year.
  When we painted 
the dining room red a few years ago
 it took a turn towards 
country prim and seemed the logical home
 for this continuing tradition...





...now, 
you might understand better 
why I kept painting 
Santa with flags.





I was thrilled to find 
this sweet performance 
by an elementary school class 
that goes along with 
my obsession...



"Merry Christmas To You From The Red, White And Blue"
from the Music K8.com marketplace, home of music teaching ideas.


Merry Christmas to you
From the red, white and blue





Merry Christmas to you, dear friends







Bitty Morsel, Gertie and Olde Scrooge
 are spreading Christmas cheer 
by the wagon loads.








Merry Christmas to you
May your wishes come true




For freedom and joy 
that never ends










We've got a kind of miracle
A country that is free!





A place to live and celebrate 
Our own democracy










Merry Christmas to you
From the red, white and blue









Merry Christmas to you dear friends







Merry Christmas to you
May your wishes come true
For freedom and joy that never ends!





If you would like to see
 this performance 
by the second grade class, 
google the song title.

 It is so sweet 
to watch the faces of the children 
as they sing. 
 It really took me back 
to when my kids were 
that age...






...this is the time of year
 when long ago memories surface 
seemingly to have just happened yesterday 
and the awe and wonder of it all 
is evident everywhere.





Thank you 
for coming along with me and 
please come back later this week 
for the Christmas kitchen.


...Judy...






Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

and

Keep In Touch at Let's Add Sprinkles

22 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    Love your part 4 with the American flag put into all your decor. Your tree is beautiful. Love seeing all your Christmas decor this year. Your whole house is so inviting and cozy.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Christmas is so much fun and now on to baking..Have a wonderful Christmas my sweet friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! Enjoyed this no. four tour, the patriotic flavor of it all and your darling flag tree! All of your painted Santa's look addorable behind the tree. I love all the flags and red white and blue in clothing, etc. We are so fortunate to have the freedom to celebrate Christmas in our own ways. Hugs.......Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn. Isn't that the truth. We are very lucky and hope you have a wonderful Christmas, dear friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Loved the red white a blue themed tree.Plus that quilted star. Its the cat's pajamas. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice. I love the little tree and I have had that little star for so long but I love it too..Merry Christmas my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. I really like the way you have in-cooperated the flags into your holiday decorations. I would never have thought of doing this but you have made it look just right! Love all of you Christmas posts they really help keep me in the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Adrienne. There is something about red, white and blue that I normally can't get enough of and the red dining room really makes it possible..Merry Christmas my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Very interesting post.I like photos.
    Thank you for sharing ^_^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for visiting and Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. So many lovely things on your trees and in your home. I loved each and every photo, Judy. And perhaps the one I liked best was the Santa photo. Those are a treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. That photo is my pride and joy. Those are the memories that will be cherished forever..Have a wonderful Christmas my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Judy,
    I adore your use of the red , white and blue in your Christmas decorations!! So pretty and it fits right in with your home...What a breath of fresh air compared to everyone else in Blogland showing pretty much the same thing...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I love decorating for Christmas but if you hang around long enough we probably will be seeing the same thing year after year. I have been told that I have enough (in capital letters) from "you know who" Old Santa himself!!. It's all so fun and hope you and your Santa have a wonderful Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Judy, this brought me back to when my own kids were that little, too. I also taught preschool through 1st grade for many years. The holidays were always magical times, with so much wonder. I love seeing your rooms full of cheer too...thank you for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Isn't if fun to look back and remember those times? I do miss having small ones around. Have a wonderful Christmas time with your family my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Those prim gingerbread men are adorable. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie. I bought them a few years ago from an Etsy shop but I don't remember who the artist was. They really are cute little guy though..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. I need you decorating skills. Love all your settings with the red, white and blue and flags. I do a little but yours seems so inviting and warm. I'm so far behind in reading, writing and everything else but hopefully I'm working towards getting caught up again. I always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carla. I appreciate your kind words and support. It is hard to keep up nowadays. It is a busy time..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. What is an outstanding post! “I’ll be back” (to read more of your content). Thanks for the nudge! Fire Place Sounds

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy