Tuesday, October 13, 2020

COMFORTABLE AND COZY IN THE COTTAGE...







Before we get started,
 did you notice my new header? 
I figured out how to do it 
with the new blogger,
 whether right or wrong,
 it works for me.
 
 To whomever changed my old one,
 I thank you, 
as it gave me a new idea,
 BUT,
 don't change this one
 because I will change it right back..
 
Now on with the show...






   Being comfortable and cozy 
in the Cottage
 is the name of the game around here. 
 A few short weeks ago 
it would seem insane 
to be showing the above photo 
but times are changing. 
 The days are shorter and 
the nights are 
definitely cooler.








Robin 
has taken to lying
 in her clam shell
 as opposed to on it,
 with her Stinky Skunk
 never far away. 

 The rest of us 
just keep plugging along 
as there isn't much happening 
any different
 around here.








 One bright spot
 was the arrival of 
this beautiful bouquet 
from Jake and Jacenda 
for our anniversary.
  It is so pretty and 
definitely brings a touch of autumn
 into the Cottage.








All that you have accomplished
 
and will accomplish
 
is what we see 

as our inspiration.
 
 We are so proud of 
both of you and 
love you both 
to the Moon.
  
We also talked to Tami 
on the phone and 
she said we should expect
 a package on our porch
 in the next few days,
 so (hooray!) the celebration
 continues.





A little 
soft and sweet garland, 
a present 
to myself!







The ongoing saga 
of the paint by numbers
 is continuing with 
the addition of 
some brighter colors.







I was daydreaming
 with the front door opened and 
actually saw
 our first small bit 
of changing leaves
 in the garden.
 
 A treat for sure.





 

We did our part 
this week.  
Don't forget 
to do yours.


Stay smart

Stay well


Wear the mask!

and

Remain 
comfortable and cozy 
wherever you are.




...Judy....










Sharing today with:


22 comments:

  1. Your paint by numbers is coming alonh nice! Lovely flowers too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Janice. It is coming along but very tiring, but will be worth it when done. Those flowers are so pretty..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I love the new header. Plus the last photo of your living room is wonderful. I love the look of your paint by number art. We vote also. We had to turn our heat on one day, then off, then turn the AC back on. Now nothing is on and using power and I am so loving that. LOL. I want tom open windows and air out our house...but those no-see-ums can get thru the screen. Yikes. Blessings to you, say well. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Susie. Yeah, today was very nice out and we had the door open. I guess we don't have the no-see-ums here in our neck of the woods, as long as we have screens up..Stay well, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet garland super cute. How nice to get those beautiful flowers. I cannot wait to see what your daughter has sent you too.
    The new header looks great. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Those flowers are very special and very pretty. As it turns out we received the package right after I put out this post, so you will have to wait until next week to see and it is so special also..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Aw, Judy, such warm and comforting photos. And those flowers are gorgeous, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...such an important one, so few people reach. Enjoy and many more! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Sandi. We are warm and cozy and are not regretting it one bit. Thanks for your encouraging words..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did it!!! I knew that you could and I love you new Header.

    The bouquet is lovely and ties in so well with the fall painting...one of yours I think.

    I spent time this morning studying the Propositions on my ballot but the main focus in this election cycle is a very easy decision to make. LOL
    I hope to have it all filled out and drop it by a drop-off box tomorrow, making sure that the box is a real one and not one of the fake ones that a certain party has been placing out. Talk about cheating!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Adrienne. It actually was pretty simple. I just used the collage treatment, so it really wasn't too different than before. I love the bouquet and it is lasting very well. Something about autumn flowers that last a little longer. Yeah, I heard about those ballot boxes, Jerry dropped ours off inside a grocery store. It was placed in the middle of the store so supposedly it wouldn't be easy for anyone to get away with messing with it. Cheating at so many levels!! Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Three cheers with the new header. It looks great. I'm thinking it's time I change mine up too. Maybe for the holidays or after Christmas when life calms down and I'm home a lot! Oh, wait. I'm home a lot now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Jeanie. Yeah, I am home alot too so I already had about 5 changes of headers for Christmas in the wings. I'm having such fun doing it as it was really not that hard. I could do a new one each week if I want to.. Ok, I'm off over to pay you a visit. Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cozy and homey Judy. Happy anniversary to you and Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, Linda. Really, just another year at this point, but I feel very blessed to be able to celebrate it together..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like your new header.

    Many Happy Anniversary Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much, Jan. Making a new header is a lot of fun. If Christmas lasted all year long, I would have enough headers to last!! Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the peek into your cozy cottage, I adore pumpkin pillows, the black really pops! I was surprised to see your fire, I'm not far from you, I am still running a/c nightly and sweating up a storm in shorts in the garden daily! beautiful gift, so admire your duration 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, we live at the bottom of a steep hill, and the warmth of the sun doesn't reach us until mid morning so I have had the fire on a few times. An old house, with next to no insulation, is harder to keep warm, or cool for that matter. I love the sign. Our kids are always so good to us.. Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  16. So nice to stop in and visit your cozy home - everything looks so warm and welcoming and so perfect for fall, Judy! Your little chair is darling and yes, we have a fire going, too, but of course we are up north, so that is not unusual this time of year. Your header turned out so nice and how sweet to get the pretty flowers. Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 60 years - such an inspiration! Lovely post. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. Fall weather is definitely here. Even though the sun is shining our little cottage gets pretty cool inside. Cool in winter, hot in summer. I am happy with the header and have about a million set up already for Christmas!..Stay well, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  17. I love all photos but the second is my fav❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kinga. That is little Robin, a character and the light of my life..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy