Tuesday, November 2, 2021

THERE IS ALWAYS A SOLUTION...

 






Welcome to November.

There are so many DIY bloggers and I read each one with great interest and envy, I might add. 

 I have always thought of myself as a crafty person. 

 But, of late, I have either lost confidence or have never been as good as I thought I was!!

I retired the Cottage Witch because I just can't think of anything witty to write.

  I used to enlarge pictures to a size that I needed by drawing a graph

 and now, the act of holding a pen and ruler in my hands just doesn't seem exciting.  

Truthfully, I am tired of putting my brain in motion. 

 I would rather sit back and let it all come to me instead,

 fine and finished, 

but that doesn't always work out either.




Case in point. 

 The picture, above, is one that I ordered on line.

  It was on sale and in the prim style that I like 

and I thought it might be a cute addition to the kitchen.  

When it arrived the Captain absolutely hated it and I have to say that I agree with him.  

So, I thought I could turn it over, 

like I have done with the "cheap" pillows and do a quilt block on the other side.

 Those seem to be something that don't take a lot of thinking or effort, or so I thought! 

 The problem is that it is not a square shape. 

 It is an odd size piece so it wasn't an easy task to figure how to lay it out.

  I did come up with a solution though, 

which you will see later.  





Because it is a thoroughfare between the front door and the back, 

the carpeting in the Sitting Room needs a good cleaning. 

 The reason we first noticed that Kai's health wasn't quite right

 was because he couldn't always make it to the door to go out to do his business.

  We would spot clean the carpet but that just showed us

 that big feet and little paws had done a job on the rest of it 

so we came up with a solution

 which you will see later.




If nothing else, 

this time of the pandemic has made me a very lazy person.

  I have gotten used to staying in my PJ's all day, some days,

 and I have not worn lipstick or earrings for a very long time

 as those two things are not compatible with mask wearing. 

 The very saddest part of all 

is that I am becoming to enjoy it. 

 When I do have to go someplace, I find myself making excuses for why I can't.

  There might, or might not, be a solution 

which you, will or will not, see later.




I read on a blog that someone was playing the Little Women soundtrack.

  As we have a tradition of watching all the Little Women movies during the Christmas holidays,

 I thought it would be something that we would enjoy having.

  The CD came and I was excited. 

 I put it into the player and nothing! Crickets!

  I tried a few of our other CDs and they all worked so it wasn't the player. 

 I cleaned it but it still wouldn't play so there is no solution for that!  

It isn't always good to order online. 

 Even though, during these times, it is a wonderful tool to have, 

I am finding that the quality of some things are not as advertised., 

and the shipping charges are almost as much as the item itself.

 When they arrive, I am finding that, if I had seen them in a store I wouldn't have purchased them. 

 Most, I think, will look alright in the overall scheme of things but it is disheartening. 

 I have been hearing that the shelves are pretty bare in some stores. 

 I am hopeful that they will pick up before Christmas

 and if they do,

 a bit of presentable clothing and makeup

 might just help to put a brain in motion

 and that could be the perfect solution.





This is probably not a solution to anything 

except, 

we have been walking out the back door and over this piece of wood for many years, 

and never noticed that ET

 has been patiently waiting to come in 

for all that time.



...Judy...






Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

18 comments:

  1. Judy you crack me up! Love that ET wants to come into your home. I have not been feeling the blogging experience these days either. Maybe when I start my decor for the holidays I will be inspired. Have a great week ahead. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. We always had a little rug over that piece of wood and when we took it off, we were pleasantly surprised! It really is hard, sometimes, to think of something to share, but the holidays won't be one of them, I'm sure. Off to get our boosters..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. You are too funny Judy! I had a good laugh about not going out and making excuses. I'm the same way.. I put it off all day long. When I get up, I think, hum.m. do I have to go anywhere today? If not, I could just put on my sweat pants right and my old fave t-shirt? which I sometimes do. It is more and more than way. If I KNOW I need to go to the store, I begrudgingly put on decent clothes and wash my face. Like you I don't wear earrings hardly ever.. I suppose the holes will grow back in my ears.. ha ha.. I do wear a pair now and then so that won't happen. I also find myself liking the mask sometimes as I don't even brush my teeth if I'm running to the store!! Oh that is so bad. I've become very lazy also but I do work around the house.. but the ourdoor work I am becoming more and more lazy about doing and just don't want to do it. I really have no desire to decorate my house or even do my paper crafting. I'll be curious to find out your solution for that picture, and for your carpet (mine needs cleaning badly, but who would move all the furniture?)... cleaning carpet in your entire house is like moving, so I might as well move right? NOT. I don't know what your solution will be for "being lazy" as you say. I guess we have the right to be if we want, right??? xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. Your descriptions are like me looing in a mirror!! I'm not sure what the solution will be, and yes we don't really have to have one if we don't want to, but I guess, if we think about it long enough, it doesn't make sense to sit in squalor all the time!! When (and if) I find the answer I will be sure to let you know. You, my dear, do deserve some down time..HappyWednesday. I am off to get my booster shot..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Judy,
    Making excuses to not go anywhere is something that I have been doing for the last 6 years....No pandemic!! I find that when I go out, there seems to be too many people and I get aggravated as I find them to be rude. Joe says that I am crazy but it seems that people are lacking common decency and basic kindness. So I prefer to stay home...I guess I a becoming a bit of a recluse but I am good with it ...Joe thinks I "need Help"... He is a people person so he does not understand that i enjoy not being around people....I too do not like to order anything on line but I am grateful that Joe will bolt out the door at the drop of a hat to run and get something for me...Just so he can get out of the house...LOL!! Love ET!! So funny!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. If it is normal times, I don't mind going out but enjoy my home at the same time. What I object to now are the people not wearing masks. I don't trust anybody to tell the truth anymore and the rudeness that I get comes from the ones who don't seem to care. It makes my blood boil! We probably all need help. I will venture out to Home Goods this weekend. The first time in 2 years. Maybe I'm on a roll.. Keep smiling. I off to get my booster..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. I have found that I rather enjoy my more reclusive life with no lipstick (though I'll still do make up a bit even if I'm home alone because I scare myself when I look in the mirror if I don't!). I've done that excuse thing for rather awhile myself. Right now I'm running to stay in place to get ready for my art sale and I haven't felt all that creative. This will pass but it's OK to read a book, just cook or enjoy a good telly bit without guilt. I've come to accept that. I have to say, I had to look at that picture three times before I saw it as a cow. I thought it was an abstract and wondered why it fit into your Victorian style. OK. I see now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. It is hard to see what it is, but your description was much nicer than Jerry's! I have seen that pic before (if you peruse as many home magazines as I do). I think (know) that this is a knock-off and I was too dumb to see it but I need to change my glasses so that is my excuse. We are just leaving to get our booster shots. I don't know if having it will change my outlook about being around a lot of people. I just can't trust if strangers have gotten their shots and it makes me very uncomfortable. I did go to Ben Franklins the other day and it was alright so if I can make it through Home Goods this weekend, than maybe it will get better..Happy Wednesday, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Judy, you have not lost the mojo to entertain your readers! I think most of us relate to your thoughts and words. I find that my focus over this experience has shifted to less of everything. I've never been much of a makeup person, but not going out has led to even less creams and fuss. I don't stay in pjs, but jeans and tee or sweat shirt are the norm most days. My creative spirit is sporadic, but I eagerly embrace it when a sparked with enthusiasm for a project. The new painting is a perfect remake. Love the colors and the design. Well done! Beautiful vignette!
    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. I appreciate your kind words. I am hoping my creative spirit will come alive with the Christmas holidays just around the corner. I think I may have led some astray. The final photo in the post is not the new one on the back of the cow. I will be showing that soon and am actually quite pleased with it..I love everything you do Sarah. It seems to me that your creative juices never stop flowing..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. I haven't felt very creative lately either! I too find myself not wanting to go out and I can't even remember the last time I wore lipstick?!?!?! Have a great weekend...
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Des. I am happy to stick around home but I just wish we could feel safe when we want to go out..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Judy, you always seem to capture how we are all feeling lately! No creativity, reluctant to go anywhere, and sick of the shoddy on-line offerings. You do seem to turn those lemons into lemonaide, though! Love your patchwork art. Sometimes we just need a break from it all and if that means we stay in our jammies and watch Christmas movies all day, that's o.k. Just this morning I said to The Mr. that we manage to do what we have to do each day despite feeling so lazy. Been sleeping in too long and not able to focus much. We all have had the stuffing knocked out of us the last couple of years. Hopefully this coming year will be better. We'll all get through it together. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. We have had the stuffing knocked out, haven't we? I try to make the best of it all, but I am finding I am more short-tempered these days than I used to be. Our counts are average about 27 per day here. They say it is getting better, but better to me is everyone vaccinated. Then I will feel better..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Judy, I get creative and dressed in fits and spells. Then I do nothing, but watch old movies in my pjs!! You are not alone my friend. Not at all...and I've recently ventured out and frankly, I've been very disappointed with what I've found on the shelves. You're not missing much. I wish you a lovely weekend my friend. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. Well, tomorrow is my day to venture out. I sure hope getting dressed will be worth it! I have been feeling a bit more creative lately and am trying to make it count. Time will tell..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Hey I enjoy those days when I stay in my Jammies and do little of nothing. I too have had days where I just don't feel like doing a thing.
    Of course most days I'm running the roads to PT or where ever. I noticed ET. He's welcoming you in and out.
    I do think that the pandemic got to a lot of us. Have an awesome weekend in your jammies. hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carla. If we feel like staying in our PJ's, why not? And I do! Whatever inspires us these days we should not ignore!..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy