Tuesday, December 14, 2021

MORE COTTAGE CHRISTMAS

 






"Oh, the weather outside is frightful

But, inside it's so delightful..."


Our song ends a little differently 

as there is no snow, but some rain

 so warm winter wishes are in order 

as it is a bitterly cold, disagreeable day...


Oh, Wait...


I guess our songs do end in the same way. 

 This is what we woke up to this morning...






Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

So, come inside 
and celebrate the season!





As we look past the entry into the sitting room, 

you might notice something a little different.  

We got a new rug to cover up more of the carpet. 

 It is bright and cheerful and shaggy. 

 We had a gold shag carpet years ago when it was the height of decor fashion. 

 Remember those days when your living room needed a rake more than your garden? 

 Times are always changing, so here we go again.






This carpet is really thick and it did take some practice to even walk on it.  

The dogs still go around the edges.

  It is harder to vacuum, too, but we like it 

and think it will solve our problems.








The color of Christmas 

is carried on throughout the Cottage...
















You are guaranteed a cozy and comfy place to sit 

while you warm your toes, 

along side a stack of vintage Christmas stories

 to warm your soul.










Kai's and Robin's stockings are hung 

and they will both tell you 

that they have been very good...




...and Oh! 

the anticipation!




I like to change some things up each Christmas 

but there are some

 that just need to stay the same.











As we leave the sitting room 
and enter the dining room...





One of the things that always remains the same

 is the little tree in the dining room. 

 I love the flags 

and they have been a part of the Christmas decorations 

for a lot of years.


















Here is the tiny gingerbread house redo. 

 So cute.




The little vintage candle choir

 gathers around Santa 

as their sweet voices are raised in song...


"I heard the bells on Christmas Day

Their old familiar carols play

And mild and sweet

Their songs repeat

Of peace on earth

Good will to men."


"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"
Lyrics based on a poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 
on Christmas day in 1863.

.






Here is the finished lantern

 turned gingerbread house.













Goatzie and his band of merry makers: 

 Miss Gertie, Bitty Morsel, Olde Scrooge, The Red Snowman 

and the Three Gingerbread Boys,

 have loaded up his cart to make the table special 

for our family who will be sitting down to Christmas dinner together...









The newest Santa painting stands guard at the door into the kitchen. 

 No Admittance beyond this point!  

I get more comments about the kitchen than any other room in the Cottage. 

 Since it is the heart of the home, 

it deserves a post all its own... 







...and that will happen next week.


The decorating is done.

  Now there are front row seats on the sofa for four,

 complete with hot cider, chewy toys and Hallmark movies. 

 Christmas is coming and we are waiting...

 

 Enjoy your week and continue to...





...Judy...



"Once again, my dear people,

Merry Christmas is here,

With holly and mistletoe

 and its good will and cheer!

Gertrude Tooley Buckingham




Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

27 comments:

  1. Ha Ha I remember my grandma racking her shag carpet! Little Robin and Kai are the best little doggies and I hope Santa fills their stockings with lots of fun treats and toys. I think we got each other's weather. Here in Illinois we are in the 60's and no snow. Beautiful weather. You guys got the snow. So crazy this weather. I wish it would stay like this but we here in the midwest no that will not happen. We have some harsh months ahead I am sure. For now we will take this nice weather. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Yes, this weather is crazy! I never know when we see on the news the bad weather elsewhere if it is by any of our "friends". Evidently you are away from what part there was in IL, and I am so glad. I contacted Jane at Far Ago Farms as she just moved into her new house, by her daughter, in Kentucky. Hope she is safe. What a trail of devastation. So sad for everyone involved..Have a wonderful week, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Wow that is quite the snow day you got. It looks beautiful! We're getting rain here tonight. It's not snow but we are so moisture starved I'll take what we can get. I noticed the blue carpet right off. I like it. But I am kinda partial to blue and have it all over our house. I love, love, love the lantern turned gingerbread house. I need one of those. LOL I also love that Christmas tree painted on the chalkboard wall. Did you paint it? I went back to look at it at least four times. I just love it! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your kind words. I really appreciate your visits. It is still snowing a little but supposed to taper off this afternoon. We don't get that much snow, so I am always thrilled when we get some. We are really happy with the blue rug. My heart was in the right place when painting the little lantern, but I just feel it was done kind of sloppily. I found out about some other paint which looks more like royal icing so I sent for some and will redo. I will post when it is done and hope you like it better. Hope I do too. Yes, I did draw the tree on the blackboard. I am a wanna-be artist. I keep trying but it never seems to get any better. Again, thanks so much and I hope you have a wonderful holiday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. You are a woman after my own heart. Cozy and lots of Christmas. I love every single photo, Judy -- I just want to jump into your pictures and snug in, have a mug of cocoa and hear a holiday song or two. You have snow? That's a shock. We are to be in the 50s or 60s today (but very windy) and they expect temps to drop within a few days. We'll get our share! Meanwhile, you can snug up with all the beautiful elements of your lovely home, the pups and be divinely content. And that, my friend, is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. Your words mean a lot to me. We still are getting a light snowfall but should turn to rain this afternoon, so it won't last long, but we love it while it is here. I am cozy and content in my snug little Cottage and don't really care about going any place else. The kids are coming on Christmas Day so that completes the good feelings..Hope you and Rick have a lovely holiday and get to spend time with the littles..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful Christmassy post, I so enjoyed seeing all of your photographs ... from the snow outside to your wonderful cosy looking indoors.

    Keep on enjoying the season.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. I appreciate your kind words and I wish all the same for you. Have a wonderful Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Very festive indeed. We have no snow and we are suppose to by now. Cute doggie stocking and I so love those wood quilt blocks! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. You could make some of those quilt blocks so easily and I would be curious to know if they would sell in your shop. Our snow is still on the ground (very chilly) but now a little rain off and on..Hope you are having a merry Christmas season..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. It is SO festive.. your sweet cottage! I love how the doggies are gazing at those stockings... just waiting..... so m any of your decorations inspire me to want to make something similar, or they remind me that I already DO have something similar, tucked away in one of my many tubs of Christmas decorations. I don't even know if I'll pull any out this year. At least my tree is up with the lights on. That lightens up my spirit. So glad your family will be at YOUR house for Christmas dinner! That is so neat and fun. I think Goatzie and his crew are doing a good job of preparing that table for family! Have a wonderful week withthe hot cocoa and movies.. now you can finally relax! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I imagine you must have a lot of wonderful Christmas memories tucked away. I'm glad you put your tree up. A little sparkle always comes in handy. The kids will come on Christmas Day, we will visit a little and eat, then they will leave to go back home to feed their animals. Our snow is still on the ground but are expecting rain and it is very cold..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Looks so Christmassy at your house. I love how your decorations are place about. I just couldn't get with it this year. Just didn't want to decorate like I did in the past. Not one flake has fallen this year for us. I loved seeing your snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Betsy. You don't have to have a lot of stuff to celebrate the season so I'm sure yours will be wonderful. When there are younger kids it is always festive..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. As always, your home looks welcoming and everything is so twinkly :)
    I love it!!

    I love that Santa pillow... did you do the needlework on that?
    That Santa face on that pillow is perfect!

    Warm wishes.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kerin. I love twinkly!! I have had that pillow for a long time and don't remember where I got it or how much it was. I love pillows but never pay very much for one so I'm sure it was cheap. But, that is the dearest Santa face I have, I think too..Hope you are having a Merry Christmas time, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Hi Judy! You have the most beautiful Christmas decor and such a talent for putting it all together so wonderfully! Growing up, I remember my mom getting orange shag carpeting for our living room - I thought we were the coolest family, lol. Your new blue rug is a really pretty burst of color. It looks terrific with all of your things. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. There was such a good feeling when the rug was raked and didn't show any footprints. This one is so thick that it doesn't bother me as much for some reason when it isn't raked. It is a bright spot in the room, for sure, but we are getting used to it and love it. I feel so badly for the devastation in your new state and am happy to hear that you must be OK..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Nothing but NON-STOP SMILES! I adore how you embrace every moment and every corner. This is a house filled with warm rich love, its an honor that you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jain. You are too sweet! I appreciate it and love to share with you..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. Judy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I think I just commented in the message section!! Anyway, I Love how the cottage looks at Christmas which is just magical and enchanting!! You always inspire me with your decorating and your crafting!! If we lived closer, I would be stopping in to visit because I know that a tour of your sweet cottage would be on my must see list!! Stay Safe, Healthy and Happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. We were on a home tour a few years ago, and I loved doing it. It was great fun. I wonder if we will ever be in a position to feel comfortable going on one again. They had a tour in town this past October but I didn't go and I had never missed one before all this stuff happened. I'm thinking we will all have to find a new normal for us. At this point in time, mine continues to be right here. My opinion is to have lock-downs again if we are to have any chance..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. Very sweet Christmas decorations Judy, How nice to wake up to snow. We didn't get any. Who knows maybe next week. The fur babies look so cute. Mery Merry Christmas Judy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. There is supposed to be some more snow on Christmas Day. Have a beautiful, peaceful and wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. Everything looks so sweet and cozy, Judy! The perfect place for hot cocoa and cookies while watching those Hallmark movies. Love the doggie stockings, your new rug and the gingerbread house conversions. So creative! Your home looks so pretty in the snow, too. Don't you wish Christmas lasted longer? It seems we just get everything decorated and we have to take it all down again. I hope you have a lovely and peaceful Christmas my dear, and many blessings in the new year! Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. We are supposed to get more snow on Christmas Day. How wonderful, a white Christmas! This is the only time that I hope not as the kids may not be able to make it up for Christmas if is does. I do wish Christmas lasted a lot longer but so satisfied to take what we get..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with your family..xxoJudy

      Delete
  14. I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog
    របៀបភ្នាល់មាន់ជល់ online

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy