Tuesday, February 15, 2022

WELCOME TO THE HEN HOUSE...

 





HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

TO YOU 💘💘💘





The weather here has been beautiful.  

The days are very spring like.  

It is warmer outside than it is inside and the sunshine is so welcome

 peeking in through the shutters. 

 It puts me in mind of those long ago days 

when  chickens were 

scratching and picking out in the yard 

or maybe that was robins...





...the only Robin I have seen lately 

is one that would still rather spend her time 

under a warm blanket, next to a flat duck, 

than anywhere else.





However, getting back to 

the spring like weather, 

mostly I will join Robin, 

but it does get the juices flowing and the feelings of "spring fever" are

 coming on strong. 

 With  the memories of chickens 

scratching in the yard, 

I decided to play around in the kitchen 

where all of my chickens reside.







I started with this sweet little wreath

 in the window over the sink. 

 It just looks like springtime to me

 with its soft and pretty 

whispy green leaves...





...and the matching garland is draped 

over the top of the old kitchen cupboard. 

 I ordered them from Marmalade Mercantile and I just love the look of them. 

 Every time I see them on their website,

 I order another.

  They can be used all year long,

 just like they are, 

or with something pretty 

entwined between their dainty leaves.





It is too soon for me to bring out

 the bunnies and the colored eggs, 

but I thought these fresh brown eggs 

were a work of art 

sitting on the counter, 

sunny side up!




I set the table with a combination of 

black and white, for now,

 as spring hasn't exactly sprung.  

The pastel colors will come later on 

when the little chicks and bunnies make an appearance.
















This brings me to the end of my

 chicken scratchin'. 

 Thanks for taking the time to stop by. 





A lot of states are going to lift 

the mask ban soon, if they haven't already, California included.

  In reality, it seems that it 

never existed anyway, 

or at least it wasn't enforced around here. 

 Don't make any difference to me. 

 I imagine I will get some stares as you only have to wear a mask if 

you are unvaccinated.  

So, probably I will be seen as

 an unvaccinated person, 

since I will continue to wear a mask even though I am fully vaccinated and boosted, 

and will become boosted again,

 if necessary.  

We are not  out of this mess yet
 and if anyone thinks we are 
they are sadly mistaken. 
 The hard and true fact of the matter is   
there are still those 
who have no intentions of protecting 
their fellow human beings
 so we must look after ourselves.  






Have a great week 

and stay safe.



...Judy...




P.S. 

 I post my blog every Tuesday, 

but I usually start planning 

for it a couple of days in advance. 

As most things in life,

 it is changing constantly, 

so today our nice sunny  weather

 has turned liquid overnight 

and it seems that Robin 

might have the right idea after all.

 But my mind, however,

 it is still tuned into spring.



Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda




26 comments:

  1. Yes, Spring is not too far off and today is nice and somewhat warm. Love all of your chickens. I think I would love to have a couple for eggs. Still thinking bout it. Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Betsy. I know. A close neighbor has some and everyonce in awhile I can hear them clucking. Love it but with my aversion to anything with wings and feathers, I don't think I could handle the real thing..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Hopefully Spring will not be too long before we see our Robins in Illinois. True sign that Spring is coming for us. I love your sweet little Robin with her toy duck. Most adorable Robin I have ever seen. Love all the chickens and your pretty kitchen. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. It is cold again here today but the sun is shining after a little over-night rain. We had the usual V-Day which is not much different from any other day, hope you and Terry had a good one..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Love those sweet chick plates, Judy! We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring here, too, unfortunately right now we're buried under a blanket of snow and ice. Lots of ice...and that means it's very cold. I'm hopeful it will change quickly though! Enjoy the week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. Ooh, that sounds cold! Our spring like weather turned to a little rain last night and it is cold today although the sun is still shining. I guess spring will come when it is supposed to..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Egg~cellent post :)
    I love the egg cups and the egg scale... they are delightful!
    Nothing beats watching the hens scratch around for spring time treats and dust their fluffy butts in the dirt...lol!

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kerin. Egg-cellent!! I love it!! I remember those days from being little with my grandparents, but I had forgotten about the butt dusting! Those were the days..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. I see chickens were the order of the dy. Love them all! Especially love your table setting. Wish we had some warm weather. Possibility of 5 inches of snow on Thursday. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I appreciate your kind words. I love those little chicken dishes. We are having cold winds but no more rain or snow. It is time for some springtime..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Judy,
    I love all your chickens especially in the Kitchen..Mine will not make an appearance until after Easter...I can not eve think of Spring here until mid March as we will be getting low's in the teens on the weekend again...Keeping Winter and Valentine's up until the end of February..I am still slowly taking down Christmas upstairs and all that is left is the Sitting Room which i am working on today and probably the next 2 days....Thanks so much for your visit and kind words about Anne Marie's home..I know she appreciated them...I will be wearing my mask too everywhere I go because it is a mistake lifting mask restrictions..I suspect there will be a surge again right around Easter.....
    Stay Safe , Healthy and Happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. Yes, I suspect that you are right! I am getting tired of wearing a mask as it really bothers me but I won't give it up until this mess is under control. To me, it doesn't make sense to think otherwise.. So many are so anxious to get back to "normal" but then do something about it!!! Have fun putting everything away. It is a long, hard process but somebody has to do it!..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I'm glad spring's whispers are a little louder for you! We had a hint today -- 47 degrees! But tonight it will rain and freeze and tomorrow another 6+ inches of snow are predicted. Winter. Love all the photos of the eggs and your fabulous chickens! I don't expect to see a robin anytime soon! Take care and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. Well they were very short lived as it turns out. Bone chilling cold right now. No rain or snow in sight but pretty windy. I enjoy playing in the chicken coop!..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. So cute, Judy. And your photos are stunning. I've been playing in the doll houses, and our house has gone to pot...LOL. Love the light coming in through the windows!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. What fun to have a doll house to play in.. Am patiently waiting for the real spring..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. So many cute treasures, love your dishes with the egg cup! I agree, warmer outside than in, I'm embarrassed to run the heat when I garden in a tank top! I'm with you, not ready to part with a mask, rather protect then project! I always marvel at your decor, it takes time to create, which I sorely lack choosing to live outdoors 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jain. Yes, I think the mask (at least mine) will be around for awhile. You might marvel at my inside decor, but I do nothing compared to what you do in your beautiful garden. I am enthralled by all your beautiful posts..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. I love all of your chickens here and there and everywhere! Yes it has been like spring here too.. but this coming week it looks like winter is back again! One night will be down to 8 degrees and the day only 20! Yikes.. I was really getting spring fever like you. I actually did some yard work the other day, and though today is 70 degrees, I don't feel in the mood to go out. The house was COLD this morning.. so I wear two shirts and have the heat on, while it's 70 degrees outside! I just love your table with the white chair(s).. and the black and white checks... it just has a zing to it that really catches me. Your love of decorating is contagious! take care... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I am still thinking spring although the weather has changed a little and it is really cold at night. I was hoping the white chairs would look OK. They are a bit big for the smaller scale table, but I do like the farmhouse look they give. I'm so glad that is the only thing I do that is contagious!..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. This is lovely. I tried to post a comment a couple times and had trouble on my laptop so I'll try again. You do an outstanding job decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl. I'm so glad you liked it. You came through loud and clear this time and I hope you will visit often..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. Hallo liebe Judy,
    bei uns in Deutschland ist es kalt und wir haben viel Stürme und Orkan weht im ganzen Land.
    Unsere Regierung will auch alles lockern viele Menschen denken die Pandemie ist vorbei und wollen sich nicht impfen lassen.Mein Mann und ich haben alle Imfpungen und wir tragen unsere Masken.
    Ich bete jeden Tag dass in Europa kein Krieg kommt!!!
    Deine Fotos sind imm so schön danje dafür.Das tut dem Herz gut-
    Liebe Judy bleib gesund,

    Ich umarme dich aus Deutschland!!
    Brigitte Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigitte, you are just so sweet and I am always so happy to hear from you. I cry every night seeing what the poor people of Ukraine and Russia are going through. The news this morning about being on nuclear high alert is very frightening. There are some crazy people in the world. Our last president was one of them and that is why he was so chummy with Putin. The people of the Ukraine are very courageous..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. Very cute post Judy. Love the table with chickens. I am loving the warm weather for gardening but I wish we would get rain. Happy Sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I wish we would get some rain too. My daffodils are not even peeking out of the ground yet..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy