Tuesday, February 22, 2022

SHORT SUBJECTS...

 






This will be my last post 

of the shortest month 

and it will be a short one too.

  Where did this month go?  

The days are flying by

 and before we know it spring will be here. 

 Though spring fever has been lurking around the corners of this month

 for awhile now, 

we are not there yet.  

Maybe that is a good thing. 

 Maybe our "wishes" for 

something different 

should be kept deep in our pockets

 and not taken out 

until the time is just right.

  Let Mother Nature

 play out her own game. 

 Spoiler Alert:  She will anyway!  

But we are human beings after all,

 so that is probably never going to happen.

  I am as guilty as the next person 

but every year I say

 I am not going to wish time away 

and then I always do. 

 With all that being said -

 here we sit in the middle of Winter, 

with Winter doing what Winter does best,

 on Two, Twenty Two, Twenty Twenty Two,

 on a Twos-day. 

 It is all a bit Two much!





Since finishing the cleaning of the library, 

I have been taking advantage of it. 

 It is so nice to come into the computer 

and not have to trip over

 any and every thing 

and to sit at the crafting table

 and spread out.  

I had ordered a couple of

paint by number small canvases

 last summer 

and just now have gotten started on them. 

 They are a folk art style, 

not a lot of work and fun to do 

and above

 is the result of one of them...





...this is the second one 

that I still have to finish. 

 It is not looking very pretty to me just yet 

but that always seems to be 

how these paintings look 

before they are finished.

  It remains to be seen.





A friend recommended

 a watercolor art book to me 

and I ordered it 

but it was no longer available 

so I chose another that looked like

 it might be helpful. 

 I have read it through 

and will try the techniques used

 and somehow 

I may be able to master 

the art of watercolor. 

 I won't lie, it is very intimidating to me,

 but I will keep trying. 

 I would love to learn.





I did finish the kit that I got for Christmas, 

but I started taking it one step further

 and adding little flowers to the wreaths. 

 I am using it as kind of a practice painting 

and trying to perfect one

 that looks somewhat reasonable.





I promised you short

 and now you've got it. 

 Life is marching towards spring 

and it is something to look forward to. 

 Hope you all enjoyed

 a wonderful February 

and are ready to see March 

come in like a lion 

and go out like a lamb, 

or whatever that old saying is.


...Judy...





Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda



22 comments:

  1. How great you have the library all done and you can go and be creative in this space and feel so good. Love the paint by numbers. Have a good week Judy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Not much of importance going on around here. We did have a very tiny sprinkling of snow this morning but sunny now, but VERY cold..We will survive..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. I feel like you, Judy. I find myself wanting to be "done" with something, but in reality, I know I need to be "present" in whatever time and season it happens to be. (goes for life in general, too) I love your paintings, and I'm going to check out that book. I took a beginners watercolor class years ago and have always wanted to try it again. It just feels like a medium I'd like to express myself creatively through. Take care and enjoy your library and the rest of February! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debra. I have been trying watercolors off and on for a while and they just seem to elude me. Usually, I can figure out the hows and whys of a craft but, for some reason, this is just really hard for me. But I am determined and will keep trying. The book looks pretty good at a glance but I haven't sat down seriously with it yet. I got it on Amazon (as most things)..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you couldn't find the book. If you don't like the one you have, they do have a used copy for 9.95 at Abe Books and Amazon has new for 13.50. I just googled "Watercolor for Beginners" by Emma Witte and they both have them in stock. I think you'll get the hang of them in time. It's a fun medium and worth the time! Beautiful pix as always and I love what you shared so far! Your wreaths are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little folk house paintings, may I ask where you got them? Your photos are always beautiful and your artwork is too. Have a happy 2/22/22 and happy birthday to George, our first President! Thanks for sharing, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love those little paintings too but I can't find any paperwork on them. I ordered them last summer so guess I didn't keep the name of the company. That is not good because I wanted to order some more. They are easier for my eyes to read. I went online to see if I could trace my order but guess it was too long ago. I know it is a Chinese company because their instructions are in that language. I will keep looking and if I find it out will write it in one of my posts, so keep in touch..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Well your watercolors are better than I could do. Although I can draw, I have always hated painting anything. Cute ducklings! Spring will be here soon I hope. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I wish I could draw, it seems if I could all my problems would be over!! Which isn't always the case! It has been so cold here but still sunny..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Aw, Linda. I always think it is great to try something new---I have always had more 'interests' than time in my life. I hope to get back to painting this summer! Love your paintings, they are lovely and keep going! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. I am determined so will keep it up!..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Love your paintings, and the watercolors are very sweet.
    I too find myself wishing away the yucky weather days, but that's only to get to the good stuff. Like having to eat your spinach, so that you can have dessert. I make up the time by soaking up the warm days :)

    Smiles ~
    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kerin. I agree with you although most of the times my spinich is way better than the dessert, and I am soaking up the sunshine but not the warm days because there aren't any! But, I am really not complaining..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Your artwork is stunning, Judy. You are very talented. You make me want to try watercolors again. It's been a loooong time since I painted for fun like that. We're marching toward spring at an uneven pace, too. It was 64 sunny and warm yesterday, 24 cloudy and snowing today. Mother Nature, as you said, does as she pleases!! Stay warm! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I have been watching the news of all the storms across the country. Thanks for the kind words and I am trying!! I do not plan to give up..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Judy,
    I so enjoy seeing your art work!! So talented!! I am a stick figure type of artist...Meaning no artist at all!! LOL!! Glad that you are getting to enjoy your craft area in the library!! I really loved seeing that room!! So charming!! Winter is far from over here as we had a sleet storm during the night and have about an inch of a snow and ice mix out there....Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I am persistent and maybe some day I will master the art, but I am a long way off..It has been really cold here even though there is always sunshine! I know I can't complain when I see the news of other parts of the country..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. You are much too hard on yourself. Your paintings always are really good.
    I think you do a wonderful job. The watercolors are beautiful.
    We have not had nice weather and am looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Renate. I guess maybe I am too critical but it seems to me that I should be getting better!! I am trying..I am really looking forward to spring..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. I love your pretty paintings, Judy, and how you always add your own personal touch to everything! Now you will have some wonderful new paintings to display for spring - if it ever comes! I think this transition from winter to spring is always hard to wait for and we look for the earliest signs to celebrate. It always seems to drag on and on... I love your little chickies. Hope you have a good week. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. We are expecting some rain this week so that is good, hopefully it will warm things up a bit. It is hard not to think about spring when the sun shines but it is a ways away around here..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy