Tuesday, December 13, 2022

'TIS THE SEASON - THE CHRISTMAS COTTAGE KITCHEN...


  




Christmas time
 when all of the candles shine...




Christmas time
 when all of the treats are sweet...




Excuse Me - please...

Could you tell us
How to get - how to get to:
Gingerbread Street?

With sincere apologies and thanks to:
Sesame Street


'Tis the Season
 when all good little boys and girls 
are asking the same question 
and it is not
 a hard question to answer...








...just follow Rugby and Robin
and your nose
 from the dining room
 leading into the kitchen,
 all dressed up with the sights and aromas of the holiday season 
with love,
 from our home to yours.

Welcome to 
the Christmas Cottage Kitchen:















Now that you have seen what is new
 in this year's Christmas Cottage Kitchen,
 I will lead you around the room 
with very few words
 as everything you have seen before,
 but I hope that you will be
 as excited to see it all again 
as I am to show it to you. 

 I truly have to say 
that if I only had one room to decorate,
 I would love it to be the kitchen.





"I wish we could put up 
some of the Christmas spirit in jars 
and open a jar of it every month."

Harlan Miller















Some excitement
 at Holly Farms this Christmastime...




 ...if the Cottage
 and the little red kitchen stove 
had babies 
they would look just like these
 sweet little holiday cottages 
that I found on Antique Farmhouse. 
 The minute I saw them 
I knew it was
 a match made in Christmas heaven...




 ...it even persuaded 
the little elves from the 1960's
 to come out of hiding 
and hitch a ride on a Christmas chick
 all the way 
to Gingerbread Street. 





Of all the Santas in my world 
this is my favorite.  
Except for the real one, of course. 
 He has been broken 
and pasted back together again, 
but then so has the real one! 
They are each just a little stronger for it.
 










"Twas the night before Christmas

 so sayeth the book,

 not a creature was stirring, 

excepting the cook."


Author Unknown




I think this is
 my all time favorite Christmas project. 

 The painting of this little house,

 as if it were made of gingerbread,

 brings the biggest smile to my face 

every year when I see it

 for the first time.








I hope you enjoyed 

your trip to Gingerbread Street 

and I look forward to being back next week

 for the grand finale of the season.

  Hope you will join me then.




...xxoJudy...





Sharing today at:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda


26 comments:

  1. Judy your kitchen is stunning. I love all your Santas. Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Hope you are having a great Christmas week..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I think a picture of your kitchen should be next to the word, cozy, in the dictionary... no words just the picture would explain the meaning perfectly! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Denise. I appreciate your kind words and I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing it. I like to think of it as cozy also. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. I love all your kitchen photos, looks very cosy and festive. I have a few of those elves from the 60s. Have a great week. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Thelma. I had a whole bunch but only have the two left. Love their little faces. Thanks for stopping by and have a Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. I painted that very same cow and wreath paint b6 number!! I love it Margy in KY. Really enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Margy. Wasn't that a fun one to do? I don't see the Country Living magazine any more?? Hope you have a Merry Christmas. I can't visit you as you are coming through as anonymous, but hope you will visit again..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Judy, I am enchanted. Words can't match the joy of seeing your marvelous kitchen. How I'd love to sit at that table and have a cup of tea with you! What joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. There will always be a place set for you! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Judy,
    I was so excited to see your Kitchen all decked out in it's Christmas finery!!! And it did not disappoint!! I chuckled when you said that your kitchen would be the room if you had only one room to decorate...I feel the same about my Kitchen because I have the most fun decorating it for the different Holidays!!! LOVE those sweet red houses as you know I am a lover of red....And your Tree is so cute but what warmed my heart was those sweet pups!! Looking d=forward to your next post....Hope you have a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I really think those little red houses are too cute. The pups seemed to enjoy posing. Right now Robin is sitting on my lap because even though she will finally play with Rugby a little, his little puppy teeth are so sharp and she needs to get away from him. Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend, with your family..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I love your Christmas kitchen so much. So warm and beautiful. All your wonderful treasures. Really comfort and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Renate. Your kind words are really appreciated and thanks for the visit..Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. I love your Christmas kitchen. We have several of the same items...the plates in your header---the Gingerbread St sign and a couple of other things. Great minds.... Your place is so homey and has the sweet scent of Christmas all over it....Love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana. It is fun to look at different blogs and see something that is the same as yours. It always makes me feel like I made the right decision as someone else likes it to. I just found that sign this year, I think it is so cute..Have a Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Oh Judy! Your kitchen is the epitome of "Christmas" and "cozy" and "cottage"!! None better than yours! I spent another little while today going through your photos again! I love all the red splashes.. red just seems to BE what Christmas is! The new little Christmas houses (red of course) look so at home there... and love your red stove and the red stool, and the garland of red plaid ribbon! Each little thing, put up with such care, is so welcoming and cozy. The Gingerbread St. sign and your gingerbread house are beyond wonderful. I can just smell the gingerbreads baking in the oven! And do I see fresh cookies waiting on the sideboard to be eaten? of course! Nothing finer than YOUR own Christmas kitchen! Hugs to you! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. You always say such sweet comments and I really appreciate them. Good thing I took all those pictures. You are familiar with "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"? Well there are plenty of them stirring right now in my kitchen! We had to take out all the drawers and wash everything and clean them and low cupboards. Jerry had to fill some holes where I guess they are getting in and I don't dare put my hand down for fear of getting caught in a trap!! We have got the kids coming on Sunday so we have to get busy..Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Judy, your Christmas house is a dream. My oh my, all that red and white is just making me swoon. I love all of your beautiful decor pieces and sweet figurine friends. Love the way you put it all together in your darling, darling kitchen. Oh my how I wish we lived closer...I would be at your house taking notes and getting decorating advice every single day. Merry Christmas!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much, Kim. I know I wrote you before. I am finding all kinds of messages in different places so can't keep it all straight..Merry Christmas..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  12. How warm and cozy you made your festive kitchen look. I can see myself folling along to gingerbread stand eating some wonderful cookies! Loving that white primitive cabinet too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. Those cookies didn't last long. I love that old cupboard too..Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. Woww Judy…came here from Jeanie…what a beautiful Christmas decorations in your kitchen and home….you must have many many many boxes !!…I really like it all love your doggies …your cookies …and like that colorful guilander ❤️💗💚💙🧡💛💜 happy days merry Xmas love from me ….Ria and I follow you from now ..nice blog !!🍀💗🍀🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ria. I am so happy to meet you and hope you will visit often. I love Christmas and yes, I do have many boxes. Way more than I should have. I try to downsize a bit each year but I just can't resist a Christmas pretty..Merry Christmas to you and yours and a Happy New Year..xxoJudy

      Delete
  14. Judy, your home is all decked out for Christmas beautifully. So many vignettes to admire. Love the Gingerbread street theme. The pups are so darn cute. So many lovely collections. Merry Christmas Judy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I think it is all done now and it was a fun time this year. Much to be thankful for and hopeful for a Happy New Year for everyone..Merry Christmas, my friend, to you and yours..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy