Tuesday, January 31, 2023

NOW AND AGAIN...

 






In the past, 

I have been known to look back

 over the last year 

to see what I wrote about then

 as compared to now.  

It sounds like a perfect plan and can be very informative at times.  

However, it usually is just a ploy

 to cover up the fact that 

I can't think of anything to write about. 

 So, this past week, 

I have looked back in time and found a post that was written

 right around this time last year 

and if history can be said to repeat itself,

 this is what that looks like.





The post dealt with a promise made (here) 

and if you can believe it,

 it is a promise that was made and fulfilled 

but now is broken again...




...another year, same situation.




It is after Christmas for most of you,

 but for us it hasn't happened yet. 

 I thought I would leave all the decorations up until our time came 

but it has been so long now that I finally started putting most things away. 

 I plan on leaving the tree up and decorated in the parlor 

but almost everything else 

will be packed up 

except those that just happen to fit

 the winter scheme.  

We have come up

 with the date of February 19 

so I am hopeful 

that will be when it happens.  

Poor Santa's head must be spinning, 

wondering when this was

 all going to take place.

 

 It will be just

 that much sweeter when it does.




Sunday morning it started to snow.  

It does look pretty

 but probably won't last too long.  

That is the way it is around here.  

It is beautiful looking out the window

 but it is very cold so 

lighting the fires. the candles and lamps, 

seem to make it a more enjoyable situation.





I went back to the eye doctor yesterday

 after seven weeks

 from my last appointment. 

 My tests show

 such improvement each time 

that I now don't

 have to go back for ten weeks.  

He is hoping that

 I can have a laser treatment then 

and might not have to have 

any more injections.  

That would be a good thing!





I am down to only two more rooms of Christmas decorations to be put away

 so I think I am right on schedule.  


Hope you all are staying warm and cozy 

and while you are celebrating 

Valentine's Day, 

I will be thinking of you! 

 I might even add a few hearts to the Christmas tree!


...xxoJudy...





Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

20 comments:

  1. Oh Judy. My tree is still up and decorated! I have my boxes out and may begin taking the ornaments off. Then pretty red hearts would be nice to put on! I'm loving the lights and hate taking it down. We've had some snow too last weekend and then was 12 degrees one night and the next it was 1 degree, then 12, then 15. I hope this cold front leaves!! The nice thing is that the snow is still here but the roads are clear. Before that, it was springlike at 57 degrees! This time of year sure keeps us guessing. I'm looking forward to some warm breezes, thought not looking forward to yardwork. Glad to hear your eyes are improving! That is wonderful!! Have a good week. xoxoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. Seems like we are in the same boat. I hate taking the trees down but I guess it is time. The parlor tree will remain for awhile but I haven't even been turning the lights on. My dining room table is bogged down with extra stuff from other rooms. I think I will have to re-wash all the dishes before we have our get together. It is very cold here but not snowing now but ice and white stuff remains on the sidewalks and lawn..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy,
    So happy to hear about your eye improvement. That is awesome. I think your Christmas celebration will be wonderful. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. That is pretty good news and I am looking forward to our get together. I think it will happen soon now..Happy Tuesday..xxooJudy

      Delete
  3. Oh no. You gave me the inspiration to tidy up my spare room. It was like your room. I always keep my living room lights up until February. Now its time to take them down and my Winter theme decor On to Valentine's Janice PS our bedroom still has Christmas in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I am glad I am leaving the main tree up for now. There is always a place for the twinkle lights and we always need them..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Hi Judy! So happy you are having improvement with your eyes - very good news. I know your family Christmas celebration will be worth the wait! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. It is getting close now and we are excited. Thanks for the remarks about my eyes. I think they are getting better each day..Happy Weekend coming up..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Judy I'm glad to hear that your eyes are improving. Christmas came down for us later than usual this year, and I have to say, I enjoyed the view. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas gathering! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. The time is just around the corner so we are excited. Needless to say my putting away is way over due..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Hi Judy, it's always a slow process putting away Christmas decor. Every year, I say, I am going to be more organized! The snow is pretty. We drove up to Grass Valley the other day to have lunch at Tofanellis. Susie is the owner and she used to live in our subdivision. Great news about your eyes. I hope to meet up with you one of these days, maybe with Jain too. I am meeting with Jain tomorrow morning to get manicures. We all live pretty close. Take care. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Tofanellis is a great place to eat. It is so pretty in summer to be able to sit outside in their garden. I wondered what had happened to Jain. Tell her hello for me and enjoy the weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Good to hear your eyes recover…nice to do a late Christmas with your family …and a lot of work to clean up everything after celebrating….have a nice week love from me and Leaf 🍀❤️🐾🍀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ria. We are going to finally celebrate on the 19th. So now we can add Valentines to the celebration also..Enjoy the weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad your eyes are improving. That's the best news. I still have two trees up (well, three, but I leave the angel tree in the guest room year round). Our celebrations are over but I need the light and the color and the ornaments aren't so much Christmassy as cute. Add a few snow folk and people wonder if I've done anything in the removal department. (Yes, I have!) So, you're not alone. And you know what? It doesn't matter. Not really, only if it's bugging us! So relax and just enjoy that time with your family coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. We are finally going to have the celebration on the 19th..I don't regret leaving the tree up so much as how I decorated it, but that is another story for another day..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Your home is always decorated so beautiful and lovingly! It is hard to take down the lights after Christmas. I do hope your family has a wonderful time when you get together! And thankful to hear the good report on your eyes! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. We are looking so forward to the celebration which will finally come on the 19th. My eyes are doing so much better and I am certainly thankful for that..Enjoy the weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Judy,
    You know how much I enjoy seeing your Kitchen which is my favorite room in your charming cottage.... It looks so inviting and cozy in candlelight!! As I mentioned in the comment on your last post, NO SNOW here in NEPA all Winter except for just a dusting maybe twice!! Temps have been in the 40 and high 50's! I shudder to think about the water restrictions we may be facing come Spring with no melting Snow Pack to replenish the water reserves....So glad to hear that you vision is improving....I had an eye exam last week and was thankful that my cataracts that i have had since my early 50's are still considered very mild and do not need surgery yet....
    Take care, my friend!!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dr K1 cures my chronic illness and brings back my ex after Dr K1 helps me cast a spell that binds me and husband together, Dr k1 is a traditional healer with a great ancestral power. Dr k1 prepare a herbal medicine to me that cure my chronic illness and herpes completely cure and today I get no more outbreak for two years now, He send me the herbal medicines through UPS Courier service with instruction on how to drink the herbal medicines that i drink for 15 days that cure my herpes and chronic illness.Dr K1 cures all diseases like cancer,ALS,Herpes,HPV,lLupus,HE also casts a spell.Contact Dr k1 now on Email: drk1healingcentre@gmail.com or visit his blog site www.drk1healingcentre.wordpress.com or WhatsApp:+2347084710828.
    Get your Ex back with his help.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy