Tuesday, June 11, 2024

SUCH IS LIFE...











As I was going over past thoughts in order to not repeat myself too much, 

I noticed that I have been signing off sometimes with "until next time". 

 The reason being that I am not always entirely sure when I will be back. 

 Whereas, in the past, I was posting once a week, come rain or shine,

 I am finding that I don't have as much new content to share these days 

and it doesn't do for me to show the same thing 
over and over again.






The last time I posted

 the garden was really just coming into its own...






...now the valerian is almost bloomed out 

and the coreopsis is so heavy with blossoms

 that it is hard to hold up its bright petals.  

The old school phlox is getting tall and will be ready to shine once again very soon. 

 Things they are a changing.






In life, as in all things, change is to be expected. 

 We all know that, but what we don't ever think about is how quickly change and time happens. 

 At first it seems that it is a long time away but then it sneaks up on you

 and you are left to wonder where did it all go?  

We all do, and will, go through it.  If we are lucky 
we have mostly good memories to show for it 

and that is what we should hold on to.  

If not, it can really take a toll on how you look
 at this amazing life you live 

and it can all go downhill pretty quickly.

  You might forget all the good things and quickly find that the bad things are taking center stage now. 

 The Captain and I are very lucky in the fact that we still have pretty good health

 in our golden (on the way to rust!) years. 

 He has been having trouble with his knee and has seen the doctor for it. 

The doc is amazed that he is only on one medication for his age.  That is to be celebrated.  

I get a shot in my eye which has now been carried up to 13 weeks apart,

that keeps me seeing and that is a very big celebration.

  The usual aches and pains associated with age are abundant

 and keep us from doing some things that a few short years ago were just taken for granted and although sometimes frustrating, we feel very fortunate.

 

My point in telling you all this is that very much like our garden,

 we are just going through the stages of life 

and will continue to flourish in spite of it all.








You have all seen the "Hoarder" shows on TV, 
I'm sure.  

They focus on someone who just can't seem to help keeping all that they can get their hands on

 and not letting go of any of it. 

 One certain item that I have never seen though, is this...






...does this not look like a hoarder's dream to you?   

Every time the Captain goes to Starbucks he gets two cups of coffee 

with these green sticks, so the coffee won't splash out on the ride home. 

 He has been a coffee aficionado 
since I have known him. 

 He will, and does, drink any cup of coffee
 he can get his hands on
 and loves every one of them. 

 I, on the other hand, don't usually like plain coffee
 but I do love a good caramel latte. 
 Unbeknownst to me,
 he has been saving these sticks. 
Why, you ask? 
 I can't even imagine
 in what world
 he might need these. 

 He can't answer that question either
 but today it gave him the opportunity to count them,

 times cups of coffee bought, 

and come up with a reason why we shouldn't go to Starbucks any more...$$$. 

 I have googled how to make a caramel latte and will soon try my hand at making them. 

 It will save money in the long run and, hopefully, do away with the Captain's hoarding problem.  

I seem to do enough of that for the both of us!
 (Just ask him).








Such is life as it goes 

round and round.








Until next time.  

Stay cool and enjoy the summer that is almost here.


...xxoJudy... 







I have added some new paintings here,

 one which has actually turned out to be frame worthy.

  It will stay until something better might come along.







Sharing today at :

19 comments:

  1. I always love the progression of everyone's garden! Your artwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bernideen. My garden just seems to go with the flow. I have planted some zinnia seeds so I am hopeful! Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Your garden is just lovely, Judy and so are your paintings. I seem to have a hoarding habit when it comes to thrifted items. It's a relatively new one...but I need to get a hold on it for sure! Glad to hear you're both feeling so well! That's always good news! Enjoy the week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I keep practicing but without as much progress as I would hope for. We are thankfully well but these years are not exactly what one would wish for, nothing should be taken for granted that is for sure..Happy almost Summer..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Your garden is such a delightful place - and you're right, so many lessons we can learn from the garden. Each thing has its season, time to bloom. I am happy to hear you and Captain are both doing so well healthwise, that is such a blessing! We all have things that we like to collect, and I agree, his collection is quite an interesting one! I love the new painting you put up - just beautiful! Like you, I love to collect vintage things that catch my eye. Blessings to you, enjoy the days as they go - indeed, summer is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I appreciate all your kind words and thoughts. Summer weather is certainly here even though the calendar needs to play catch up..Happy Days..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Judy,
    Times change for sure....I never thought I would be a widow at 66 years of age....I always thought that i would die before Joe....Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he is gone...Still trying to find what my new normal will look like...Your paintings still amaze me as you are so talented!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are having a good week!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I can't even imagine how hard it must be. Thank you for your visit and your kind words..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Ha Ha about the Starbucks sticks. I think you should put your crafty hat on and make something out of them! I hope as Terry and I continue to age we will stay in good health. That is such a blessing. Glad you and the Captain are doing so well. Love all your watercolors. They are all beautiful. Summer is in full bloom here in Illinois. We have cicadas but the flowers and new life is green and plush from all the rain. I know what you mean about blogging. I use to post once for sure but sometimes twice a week. Now months go by and I have not posted. Living small now there are not as many renovations or changes happening like when I had my home. I am trying to get a post up today so we will see. Life has been busy. Hugs. Have a beautiful week ahead. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. For some reason I am having trouble with my photos again and don't have any reason why. I will keep working on it but can't post anything without photos. We have cooled off somewhat for awhile now so that is nice. The garden is slowing down and the seeds I planted are not coming up as expected. Just waiting for the old school phlox to bloom but until that the green is still pretty. Happy Days to you my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. I think we are in the same place in life...where somethings are just being left at the wayside. It's not that I don't care about posting more, it just seems redundant when you look at the same things over and over. I love your posts, just because I wish I was there and we could share a cup of coffee and a giggle and maybe even paint a few flowers for fun! Hugs, and even the mundane is interesting to someone...LOL, like me, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. You can always make me laugh. I know that I do enjoy someone else's mundane, but mine seems so boring! I hope I can continue on as I do love the process of blogging and the friends I have "met", but it does seem harder to get it done. I will keep trying until I can't anymore. My pictures have gone someplace where I can't find them so that is making things harder but in the meantime I hope you are enjoying summer. We have cooled down a bit so that is nice..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. The perils of aging. It happens to all of us. It is amazing the captain is only taking a med. how do you like the heat? Your flowers are lovely as are your paintings. You are truly gifted Judy. That is so funny about the captain hoarding those Starbucks sticks. Starbucks is very expensive. I rarely indulge.
    Happy upcoming summer.
    Xoxo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. It certainly has cooled down here and that is so nice. I love the sunny days but the downside of that is the hot, not such a fan of that. I did make a caramel latte at home and I do admit it wasn't as good as the real thing but good enough..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. On the Captain's next birthday, you should put one candle n the center and as many little Starbuck's sticks surrounding it as you can pack on -- like a giant Starbuck porcupine! I hear you on the aging thing. The other night we were with friends and acknowledged that it is unlikely I will see our seven-year-old grand graduate from high school (much less, his younger brother). It COULD happen, and I hope it does, but the clock ticks on. As people near to me continue to leave the earth, I am reminded. And consequently, do each and everything I can to live each day well and happily. Stuff happens, but we do have choices.

    I love your new paintings. Especially the rose at the end and poppy wreath at the beginning. Lovely, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. The Captain loved that idea but he said he had already thrown them away. He is not always happy being in the limelight..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Yes such is life as we age onward and forward. We take each day as it comes, and do with it what we can! Some days I'm just in a slump, and others I get a charge of energy and do with it. I try to take advantage of those surges of "do do do"!!! So on the others, I can feel not so guilty because I haven't done anything! I LOVE your watercolors paintings.. you are very talented and they are beautiful. I especially love the blue flowers with the darling blue vase.. and of course, the pink and green rose with stems at the end.... pink and green being my favorite combo of colors. I am glad to hear you are both in good health. I know we can't get out and do as much as we used to, even 5 years ago.. but I try to appreciate every day I can enjoy the moments.. and I"m sure you do too. Take care and enjoy those flowers! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. Some days are easier and better than others, I agree. We do try to enjoy them all..Happy Almost Summer..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Judy, I adore your art! You are amazingly talented. As for the box of Starbucks sticks, you are echoing my own recent thoughts about what was once a daily habit. I won't say I've completely stopped buying a Starbucks Frap, but I certainly limit my habit. Coffee lover here!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy