Tuesday, October 2, 2018

THE WITCH IS BACK IN TOWN...










When the autumn leaves fall down
And the berries on the bush turn brown

That is when the Old Cottage Witch
Comes back to town.






Please sing along with me,
 and the spirit of Bobby Darin,
 as we welcome her back 
to BeTWeen the MooNliGht and the MaJic,
 to the tune of 
Mac the Knife:


Here we go...





Oh, the rats bite

And the crows flight

And the autumn leaves 
fall down





When the night falls

And the moon shines

That means the Witch is
 back in town





With Bitty Morsel, Old Witch Hazel

Sara Jane and Baby Boo

Oh yeah, the fright forms
 on the right, dear

And all the stories will 
come true





So be careful
When the time comes

MooNlIghT and MaJIc shall abound

And there will be no 
way around it

The Cottage Witch is 
back in town.






And so,
 my pretties,
 begins our month long journey 
BeTwEen the MooNLigHt and the MajIC. 

 I hope you have 
a safe and fun trip

and will join us
 at the Cottage
 each week.



The Cottage Witch



Pumpkins fat and witches lean
Coal black cats with eyes of green
By all the magic ever seen
We wish you luck
This Halloween

Author Unknown






Sharing today with:





12 comments:

  1. Judy, I love this...the poem and the pictures....all are great! I am tickled that you love this time of year. It is my favorite season. I hope you have a great week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that wonderful porch with all of the colorful lanterns! So great as are all of the other pictures. You are certainly ready for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy! You are such a great wordsmith!The pretty pics are the icing on the cake(and pumpkin). Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos (LOVE the colors!!) and wonderful words dancing in my head to the tune of a classic and favorite song!! I may not love fall, but I do love your witchy posts!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch is so Halloween festive! Love it all! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!
    Love your witches and the poem is great!
    Is that you all dressed up as a witch sitting in the chair??
    I love it!!

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    p.s.. I have a cat for your witch.. you'll have to read my post **grin**.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, what a fun post! I love all your witches. You definitely have the Halloween spirit! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh let the fun begin. I'm finally back up and running after 5 days in the hospital - preceded by a long summer of bad health - but things are indeed looking up - and this party is just what I need. I do so look forward to this time of the year at your house - all the witches and majic and fun. Now I'm singing the song in my head, I like your new words - very clever. Happy Halloween month my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this was so cute.. and love the "song" to Mac the Knife! I'll have that song in my head now for days! Your photos are awesome and creepy..... and love all the lanterns on your porch. I bet it looks so neat at night.. will the witch sit on your porch and scare the trick and treaters???? I'll never forget when I took my young son trick or treating up by Walla Walla, WA years ago.. and we walked up onto one porch, and there were a couple of scarecrows slouched down on a bench, and we knocked on the door, and BOO! they both jumped up and scared the you know what out of us! That was so much fun! Have a fun month! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh! Spooky! Love the poems and the photos! My favorite time of year! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love Halloween! I'm always so happy when the witch is back in town!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are fantastic. I love all the dark and light. Perfect. Thanks for linking to Keep in Touch.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy