Tuesday, October 30, 2018

THE OLD WOMAN...





That very old woman
That was just here last week
Has now come and gone
And her story is bittersweet





We were happy to have her
As long as we did
But the time might have come
For her to give up her gig






It's not that her mind
Can't keep up with the rhymes
It's only so much she can do
In such a short time






But, some would say,
Since most was thought up in a day
That she is selling herself short..
That be as it may






From this year to next
Is a very long time
And this little old woman
She could change her mind





Dear Friends,

I want to thank 
each and every one
 for your kind comments and for
 maybe a few laughs.

 This has been fun 
but I
 (and by that I mean the Cottage Witch)
 might be running out of ideas 
and if so, 
I would hate to have those comments
 not seem as special 
as they once were.

 I know Halloween
 is not a special thing 
for a lot of you 
and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

 I have tried to make it fun, 
minus the scary, 
and hope that I have succeeded.
  
It is fun for me 
to try to make the photos 
correspond with each poem 
and I will admit 
that I do have more fun with it 
than almost anyone else.

 We shall see, what we shall see. 

 As far as next year goes, 
I think the Cottage Witch 
will be put up on the shelf, 
not out in the open 
like Bitty Morsel and Gertie.
(Those two have become so close 
that you almost can't tell WHICH IS WITCH)  

 But as the story goes,
 this little old woman
 could change her mind,
 and, no matter what,
 I don't believe that
 BeTweEn the MiDnIghT and the MAjIc
 will ever stop 
and with all that being said 
I want to wish
 each and everyone a
 Happy Halloween.



...The Cottage Witch...



Do not judge my path
You haven't walked in my shoes...
Or ridden my broom.

A.M. Galdorcraeft




"Oh, twitch, I forgot to change my hat!"



Oh, Wait...

Just when you think it's over
Look around and you will find
Here she is again
In all her glory...





...and she has got 
Christmas on her mind.

But first, we will take a peek at a Home for the Harvest
starting next week.  



Sharing today with:









































18 comments:

  1. I so love reading the poems Judy! You make Halloween fun for this old folk. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spooky and cute post. I love all the pictures and your poems so nice. We used to decorate for Halloween for years but haven't in the last few. You have the gift of writting...Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cathy. I wasn't able to get a comment through to you yesterday so hope it works today. If not, hope you come back and see this..Happy Halloween..Judy

      Delete
  3. You, your decor, stories and poems have been very enjoyable for me. Now, I guess, we'll all be looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Happy Halloween... Enjoy !
    Charlotte in Va.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thanks to you for all of your creativity and hard work that you put into your posts; every post is a delight!
    I very much wish that I lived around the corner from you! You inspire me :)

    {{hugs}}
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your creative story along with your great pictures. They are very enjoyable posts so keep them coming for each holiday. Happy Halloween.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy,

    I think your posts are cute and fun, and you certainly haven't offended me. Your photos are just right for fall and Halloween. I certainly hope you'll continue to blog!

    Thanks for sharing, Judy, and Happy Halloween to you! :D

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your poem, Judy. I mean, Cottage Witch! Very clever, and the photography is great along with the poem. Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way of writing.. enjoyed a lot..

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, I find these poems and photos charming. Hope you don't retire the tradition. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Thank you for your sweet words and I'm glad you enjoyed the Halloween Happenings. I will give it some serious thought over the coming year..Hope you had a Happy Halloween..Judy

      Delete
  10. Hi Judy! I always enjoy and look forward to your wonderful poems, paired up with your gorgeous pictures. You are an awesome wordsmith. I hope you had a nice Halloween - Christmas here we come! Jane à

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I love Halloween and really didn't feel like much of a celebration this year, getting back so late from Europe and not really decorating as specifically for the holiday as usual, so I really love being part of the your witchy fun! Very cute indeed and wonderful images as well as words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! That last picture of the Christmas sleigh with the witches is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed your "witch" posts and poems. Now I think we need a Cottage Mrs. Santa! I loved seeing the Old Woman in the mirror.. one last time huh? Very fun.. and love your photos that are both spooky and fun. Have a nice week.... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have loved and giggled and wished I had your way with words. I simply adore Halloween. I also think that a life is made for living and looking for the MAGIC! Thank you, Judy, so much for your very special look at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, your Halloween tales and photos are a pure delight! No, I'm not a huge fan of this holiday, but I love it when I see your posts pop up in my feed this time of year. They are unique, certainly not the same old, same old DIY fall decor posts that I do and see all over my feeds. You are a true original and I hope you do share them again next year, but only if you still enjoy them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. Parfum femme

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy