Tuesday, July 2, 2019

LIBERTY COTTAGE...












The Cottage stew 
is reaching its boiling point.
  The meat and potatoes 
are well cooked and 
it is time to turn up the heat.
  A tomato here and 
a red pepper there,
 along with a good stir, and
 before too long 
it will turn into
 Liberty Cottage.





Just like Walmart 
we have our own
 little greeter...





...he welcomes you
 with a wave of his flag and 
a sweet smile 
as he directs you 
through the entry...





...and ushers you 
into the parlor...





...where pinwheels and sparklers 
adorn the mantle...




...then it is on to 
the sitting room 
where a different array of pillows
 line the couch and 
pretty flowers on the wagon 
say sit deep and 
stay awhile.





A few flags 
are just enough to say 
Liberty Cottage is serious
 about her intentions.





The table was set 
when the stew was barely started and 
when the time was right and
 the spices were added, 
she morphed into
 a flavorful setting.











The kitchen has had enough
 of the heat and 
is ready for something cooler. 
 She has been dreaming of 
a watermelon salad and 
that's exactly what 
she got.











Once Liberty Cottage
 has put on her gay colors with pride and 
lights the path for all mankind, 
in the words of a 70's icon, 
Gloria Gaynor,
 She Will Survive.


I hope you enjoyed Liberty Cottage, 
but before you go, 
did you notice that I mentioned
 a couple of weeks ago 
that something was missing? 
 Well, 
now it isn't and 
if you can stay with me a little longer,
 I will tell you
 that story:






We had a rough winter, 
lots of rain and snow. 
 That meant a lot of 
little and big feet 
tracked over the carpet and
 it was in dire need of cleaning. 
 It looked pretty good 
after vacuuming to the naked eye,
 but if you lifted the corner 
of the area rug --
 whoa!






I had ordered a new area rug
 that was the same size as the old one. 
 The only difference
 that I didn't allow for was 
that the new rug is an oval shape
 so didn't cover where the corners were.
  We had the carpet cleaned,
 along with the sofa,
 and long story short...






I have been wanting 
a new accent rug for awhile now. 
 I tried the one 
that is in the library (above) 
thinking it would add a little color and 
it did -
 a very little color,
 so that idea went nowhere. 
 Then I saw the perfect rug on Wayfair.
  Not only did I love the color!
 Duh!
 but it also adds a bit of country 
back into the scheme, 
which I love. 
 As time goes on,
 I may be adding more country - 
it's always an option. 
 So here is the
 missing link:









Liberty Cottage 
is happy now and 
bids you all a safe and
 Happy 4th of July.


...Judy...
















Sharing today with:

Dishing It & Digging It

and

Keep In Touch at Let's Add Sprinkles

11 comments:

  1. Judy, I truly love your sweet home. Looking thru the trees at the seating area and your porch just makes me feel so welcome. Your decor is wonderful. Blessings for a fabulous 4th. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new rugs and your sweet greeter! And those berries in the first post look just wonderful. TOmorrow is farmer's market and I'm hoping to score big in the fruit department!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I'm amazed at all you do to decorate your house for each holiday! The Cottage is certainly ready to greet the 4th!! Everything is placed with such care.... love all the flags and love your new addition to the family! Watermelon salad and country stew... what more could a person ask for? I too love the photo of those blackberries. I so crave blackberries and we don't have them anywhere where I live, except along a river where there are tons of rattle snakes! So probably won't go there to pick any. Where my sister lives at the coast, there are blackberries galore! So I may try to get down there in early August to pick as many as I can! Have a wonderful Independence Day! xoxoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am amazed at all your decorating. Your cottage looks pretty in the fourth and I also like decorating for the seasons too! Love the rug and have a similar one. I Wanted to pick the berries off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, Have been enjoying your past blogs and pictures. Love your new rug. It is gorgeous. You really have an "eye" for decorating. I love all of your "pretties". I hope you and your family have an enjoyable 4th of July. This year is really flying by. It's been hot and humid here in Va. Don't like summer like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy,
    I just love stopping by and reading your posts! And you know I love how your sweet cottage looks decorated for the Patriotic Summer Holidays...I really missed being able to do that this year...But I have truly enjoyed seeing yours all decked out. I love the new rug..it is perfect for the space... i hope you have a lovely Holiday...And thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, Liberty Cottage is so charming. Your cottage is all decked out beautifully. Love the greeter. Pretty pillows line the couch. You have lots of lovely accessories to make Liberty Cottage shine. The new rug is perfect. We had our carpets shampooed as well. Thanks for sharing your lovely Liberty Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, your home is truly a cottage decor treasure. I find myself lingering on every picture and scrolling back and forth several times so I can catch every last detail of your charming home dressed in its accessories. It is perfection in any season, but summer especially suits it well. Enjoy the long weekend and Happy 4th my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely post.
    Love your greeter and your new rug too … in fact everything looks good and so welcoming.
    I can smell the good food from here too :)

    Happy 4th of July Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Patriotic indeed. Stew sounds wonderful to me. I need to make some.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy