Tuesday, July 30, 2019

SUMMERTIME!!...












Did you notice the two !! 
after the title of this post?

 I am not just kidding around.

 Summer is in full force around here.
  We are in the high 90's and
 while that may not seem overly warm
 to a lot of you 
(I know, I read the papers)
 to us, inland towards the mountains, in northern California, 
it is about as 
hot as you can get. 
 We do have the good fortune, however, 
to not have much humidity 
along with those higher temps.





The bright and beautiful upside 
to all of this, though, 
is the sunsets that go
 along with it.

 The one, above, 
was much prettier a little earlier
 but I didn't get my camera out in time. 
 I'm sure 
that unsuspecting little bird
 on the wire
 enjoyed it.






Inside, 
it is a different story.  
With all the fans on,
 the doors closed and
 the shades drawn...




...any amount of sun 
only adds to the joy
 of summertime...






...and sunflowers are
 a main part of 
that joy.





Sunflowers are 
just a wonderful flower.






I wrote a post in 2014 
about the complexities of 
the sunflower. 

 It showed them as the amazing creations
 that they are.






They are great specimens 
of works of art.






Man has done a pretty good job 
of recreating them...






...sometimes it is hard 
to tell the 
faux from the real thing.






The sunflower is
 one flower that is considered 
a summer item 
as well as one that 
also shines 
in the fall.






Dried or fresh 
they are a beautiful addition
 to a garland or a wreath.






As long as I 
stay inside and 
keep cool...






...I can be thankful for 
the summertime and
 all the "sun" 
that goes
 with it.





Have a wonderful sunny week...






...and stay hydrated. 
 There are only 
certain things
 that we want to
 dry up!



...Judy...




  

Do you think 
she knows that she is a 
spot of sunshine in our lives?  
I think she does.


Spreading sunshine once again with:


Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

and

Keep in Touch at Let's Add Sprinkles

16 comments:

  1. Sunny, happy post! Thanks!!

    You know I am a HUGE FAN of sunflowers!
    Sunflowers make my heart happy.

    We are getting the heat here, as well, and as we've moved further south in the state, I think we have had warmer temperatures than we had at our old place.
    Hoping the warmer temperatures stay true for this coming winter as well **smile**.

    Stay cool, and just think... Fall is next!

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures,I love sunflowers too!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Judy. Those sunflowers are all gorgeous...real or not. And you know I think your house is outstanding no matter the season. I go back and forth several times peeking at your pictures so I don't miss a thing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflowers are my happy flower! Love them. That sunset is just breathtaking too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunflowers too Judy. So glad you are having a good summer and truly enjoying it. I want it to last forever. Your sweet doggie in the last picture looks so cute. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy,
    What a lovely post!! We not only have the temps. in the 90's but we have dew points in the 70's which is considered Tropical!! Since when did NEPA become tropical!!! We will be getting a break though with the first 2 weeks of August being a bit below average in temps., supposedly!! I too have been stuck in the house with the shades drawn and air conditioners blaring and I am still sweating... I am no fan of the weather....Your sunflowers are lovely both inside and outside your home and truly brighten the area where ever they are..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to thank you for taking the time to visit!!Thanks so much, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy post! It's really been so hot everywhere but your decorating looks so sweet.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought sunflower seeds in the spring and have yet to plant them...lazy me. They are so pretty and really speak to the summer months. I never thought of trying to dry them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet post---my sunflowers out of 4 packages, I think I have 5 plants, if some aren't weeds, so sad, as they are my favorite summertime flower! Enjoyed your post---and yes, if I ever get to go in the basement, I will fish my faux ones out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sunflowers. I wish I had planted some this year. I like the really tall ones and watch the finches pull at them for seed from my upstairs.
    Good you are staying cool and hydrated. Same thing I am trying to do.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a package of sunflower seeds at the nursery and tossed them in a few spots in the garden. I love the different varieties popping up in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judy,
    Summertime is the best time. We are having beautiful sun filled days and no rain. It gets down in the 60's at night and it just beautiful sleeping weather. I love sunflowers too. They are great anytime of year. Yours pics of the sunflowers are beautiful.
    Happy Weekend my sweet friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judy... yes summertime is in full swing here too. So HOT all of a sudden. It comes so fast that it knocks us for a loop! Your sunflowers are so pretty. Our neighbor has some growing that have a purple tinge to them... have never seen that.. so he is going to give us some seeds. I don't want them to take over in my yard, like they usually do, but a couple would be pretty for next year. They are so bright and cheery and look so pretty in the house, whether fresh or dried. Have a good week! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. All those sunflowers make me smile really big!!! You definitely have the mix -- the hot days outside and the cool ones within. Lovely, all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think sunflowers are such a cheerful flower.
    Great post.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy