Tuesday, September 3, 2019

TAKING THE PLUNGE...












Well,
 I've gone and done it!  
I've taken the plunge! 
 I've gotten a head start on
 fall decorating.





Last week, I misspoke,
 when I said I was 
taking the liberty of 
bringing a little bit of fall
 to the Cottage.  
I am now taking the liberty 
of taking more than a little bit
 but not as much as there will be 
in the future.





I always have such good intentions...
to savor each season and 
don't get ahead of myself 
in the decorating department.

  But, then 
the summer is too hot and too short,
 the winter is too cold and too long...






...spring and autumn 
just seem to show up 
at the right times and 
it is very hard 
to ignore them.




So, 
I have let myself 
go with the flow and 
here we are!

 Outside of Christmas, 
I think autumn is my 
most favorite time of the year.
  I have always
 enjoyed the fall colors and 
tend to decorate with
 the old tried and true.





Orange 
is not a word I enjoy.
 However, 
I tend to think of it as 
an elegant rustiness,
 a color that fits in beautifully 
with all the
 rich jewel tones
 of autumn.




The sitting room 
is as far as I have gotten this week. 
 Last week 
I did a little in the entry (here)

 I have tried to make it
 comfortable and homey 
without covering 
every available surface.
  
Some times 
that is a hard effort for me but,
 I do think
 I am getting better!
















The quest 
for the perfect Santa Claus 
continues and 
here is #3 in the collection...




...a little 
tattered and torn...




...very cartoonish
 but sweet.


Happy September

and

YEAH TO WALMART !!!

and

We do send our thoughts and prayers 
to all who have been impacted 
by Hurricane Dorian and 
the victims and families
 of that horrible boat fire in
 southern California.


...Judy...






Sharing today with:


and



12 comments:

  1. It's hard not to take the Autumn plunge when I walk in a store and it's in my face. But I, like you love Autumn. I broke down and picked up a few things. I picked up Halloween stuff too. I know, way to early for that. I love your Autumn touches, very nice.
    I so feel for those people in that boat fire and their families. HORRIBLE - I heard they were literally trapped. Gosh that was hard listening too.

    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I love your pumpkins made of cloth, my favorite kind, no spoilage. Your pillows are nice too. Love the way the sitting room is looking. Oh I think this patched up Santa is adorable. Is that a picture of Jacob in the last shot. So cute. Blessings to you and the Captain. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall to you then! It's starting to seem a little "Fall-ish" here too. We saw our first tree changing color yesterday! Was kind of a shock to see it as everything here is still green. We have a Quaking Aspen in our front yard, as once those leaves start turning, we'll know Fall is coming soon. Love that tree.. it has grown at least 5 feet this last year! Love all of you decorating... I never tire of seeing your lovely home. If I was there, I'd wander through each room and just take it all in. I went to a B&B once, way back in the early 80's.. that was similar to your home, and I must have walked around that place 15 times in the weekend we were there. I loved it all! That is a sweet little wool felt(?) pillow on your couch, with the blackbirds and pumpkin. I've made a couple of wool felt things and it's so fun. And your patchwork Santa is just darling. Love it! Take care and have a good week.... xoxoox Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, your fall decor is lovely. I did work on a vignette in the kitchen. Little by little, fall will shine again in our home. I love the season, falling leaves, pumpkins and so much more. Have a happy week. Thank you for sharing at “Love Your Creativity.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not ready for the full fall yet, but you are inspiring me! I really love the knit pumpkins especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your fall decor. Cute pillows and I love the wagon coffee table. That is so awesome. I am giving it a few more weeks to start fall decor. Hanging on for dear life the last few nice weeks of weather before it starts to get cold.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy! Everything looks so pretty. You've made your fallness look so elegant and charming!
    Hope you're doing well!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started some Autumn decorating myself over the weekend. I spotted that coaster wagon. What a beauty! Your Fall decor is looking very orange and welcoming. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE FALL... I LOVE the colors, the smell, the falling leaves, cooler temsp...I love it! Nothing wrong with getting a jump on things. My daughter had hers done two days ago. I however have not and probably will not this yr. Been a rough yr as of yet so I am taking things easy and digging stuff out to put up is not what I say is easy. I did however make a nice fall decor for the front door. Everything looks really great. Enjoy your fall colors....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fall decor....I love the little pillow with the crows and the pumpkin! I am ready for fall and look forward to being able to open the windows once again.
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, sweet friend!
    I love, love your sweet Fall decor, and I am crushing on that floral arrangement on your dining room table...**sigh**.

    I've begun doing a bit of decorating for Fall here, as well, but it's taking me longer, as it's our new house and the design is different than our old house and I have to decide where and what to place :)

    Have a happy day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fall decor!

    And LOVE the SANTA!

    <3 Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy