Tuesday, September 24, 2019

WILL THE REAL FALL PLEASE STAND UP...












"Allow autumn's 
spirit of change 
to invoke 
a grateful heart."

Author Unknown



Welcome to fall everyone. 
 We have all caught 
the autumn bug and
 have started placing touches
 of the glorious season around
 but, as of yesterday, 
the real fall can now,
 proudly, 
stand up and 
be counted.





Do you remember 
when I said that...





...I was trying 
not to decorate...





...every available surface...





...and that I was 
getting 
really good at it...





...right then and there,
 I saw some of you 
roll your eyes, 
put your hands over your mouths and, 
discreetly,
 voice your opinions...





..."that 
will never 
happen"!





HA!!!

Well,
 this one is for you! 
 (And, you may say, 
"I told you so").


The old, new, newer kitchen, 
filled to the brim with 
autumn splendor! 
and here is the little jewel 
that started it all:





Our little found 
Ikea island,
 just big enough and 
I love it.





We have had this 
quaint little hanging shelf 
for a long time and 
never knew what to do with it...
now we do!





You will notice 
that her Ikea "big sister" 
has moved back under
 the old hanging cupboard...





...and the stove 
is back on the brick hearth
 where it belongs.





What looked like a 
piece of distressed wood 
with stenciling on it
 that I used as a teaser 
last week
 is now the mantle shelf
 for the stove. 
 It had been hanging outside 
the back door for about 
the last twenty years and 
was beginning to crack and fall apart. 
 Because I love it so,
this seemed to be the solution 
to keeping it safe for
 a few more years.








This sweet little window 
had cobwebs dusted off and 
panes shined and 
hung in a spot
 where it 
deserves to be the star.





OMG, 
look at the art
 one can create 
with a
 dirty chalkboard eraser!







Our black microwave
 went kapoot 
so now we have
 three matching appliances.





We brought these little chairs 
in from the screened porch. 
 I like them but
 am kind of missing the
 higher backs of the white ones.

 I love braided rugs and 
now I have two 
in the Cottage.


Here are a few over-all shots of the kitchen.  For some reason this arrangement makes the kitchen look and feel bigger to me.  My guess is it is that sweet "little sister", the orphaned Ikea island.















Well, 
that's the end of 
our autumn house tour for now.

I do have some 
other little something coming 
into the kitchen 
(of course, she does) 
but the order hasn't 
come in yet.






I have finished 
another Santa...







...#5 
in the series...






...and the first
 real pumpkin is
 put in place...





...so, for now, 
we mostly have
 all our little 
pumpkins in a row.






As we light 
a new Village candle,
 the scent of warm apple pie 
permeates the Cottage
 and we want to wish 
each and everyone a...


Happy Fall 



...Judy...






Sharing today with:


and




19 comments:

  1. I love your new Santa -- and your chippy shelf in the kitchen. And there are times when over the top is never quite over the top. When it looks lovely and beautiful, it's just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I'm impressed! You have wonderful touches throughout your home. I'm slowly pulling out a few fall things. The needlepoint pumpkins made an appearance yesterday, and today all the velvets came out to play. Holding off on Halloween till October. Love seeing your cozy home! And the Santa paintings are stellar. You are very talented! Happy Autumn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah, and thanks for your visit. I have been playing with autumn and I usually do a series of Halloween original poems for the month of October, but don't think the "Cottage Witch" is coming around this year. I am having fun with the Santas and will probably stick to them for awhile..Happy Fall and your needlepoint pumpkins sound beautiful. Do you have a blog? I couldn't find anything to hook up to and would love to see what you do..Happy Fall..Judy

      Delete
  3. Stunning decorations, I love Fall so much!☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that gorgeous hanging cupboard. Your home looks beautiful in all it's autumn splendor, Judy
    Happy Fall. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I absolutely adore your home. From the inviting glow at the screen door to that snuggly sitting spot in the kitchen.. I love that spot. I think you are a true artist...you've been hiding your talent lady. Love the Santa. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Fall, Judy! I adore all of your lovely little fall embellishments, but those full shots of your kitchen are fabulous! I love seeing the whole picture. The place is stunning and every detail is perfect. Your home is warm and charming and I can't get enough!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is wonderful and oh that upper cabinet with the white pitchers and the Fall wreath. Make my heart go a flutter! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all. The 2 Ikea pieces really look great w your special touches.We started out outdoor Fall stuff today. Just a few touches left and can start inside. This inspiration helped more than you know. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUDY!!!!
    You made my day!! You know how much I love your Kitchen and you have shared it today like I do not remember you doing so before with those wonderful pictures showcasing the whole kitchen!! LOVED this post , my friend!! I could even smell that sweet candle burning or maybe it is because I am burning a candle in the same scent apple pie!! So charming!
    And I adore your sweet Santa's...Can not wait to see how you will be displaying them this coming Christmas Season!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home! I always look forward to your posts!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. And thanks, Judy, for stopping by!! And for your sweet comment!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    Enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.
    Happy Fall :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy fall Judy. Your kitchen is lovely and your entire home is warm and cozy and all decked out for fall. ThNks so much for sharing your fall touches. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Judy. I love love love it all. So warm and pretty for fall.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Judy...thank you so much for stopping by my place! I've loved visiting you in return and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your cozy home. That little Ikea cart is so charming...and you're right...just the right size!

    Fall is now here and before long the holidays. More days to offer up thankfulness and gratefulness for all we've been given.

    Bless you, friend.

    <3Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you decorate. I want to come stay in your home. It looks so warm and fuzzy. LOL That little shelf on the cart is really neat. I also like the big sister cabinet from Ikea. In the new house that build me drawers with chicken wire in the pantry. One actually has onions in it. The other 3 have whatever for now. When we get chickens the eggs will go in one but that won't happen till next year. Your kitchen looks like it should be in Southern Living magazine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Judy...your Country Cottage kitchen is darling!! I love all the warm colors, and sweet pieces you have brought together. It's so cozy with your little warming stove glowing. It's the perfect picture of Autumn. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola Judy! Tu cocina me ha dejado con la boca abierta!!! Ohhhh qué bonita, está llena de detalles otoñales encantadores, cuánto me ha gustado, se ve muy acogedora y cálida! A mí me encanta esta estación, sus colores y elementos naturales nos dan mucho juego para la decoración, tú realizaste magia! La pequeña isla es muy práctica y bonita, y el estante colgante quedó muy bien!
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Judy, I wish I could just plunk right down at your kitchen table! Your kitchen reminds me so much of my parents' kitchen in Portland, as I grew up. They had the same floors as you do, and though it didn't have the white cabinets in the kitchen, she always had it decorated to the hilt for Fall, plus a real wood fireplace going, and a little lamp on the sideboard, and it was so cozy! See that apron hanging over to the right of the "big Ikea sister" in one of your photos? It has the chickens on it? I have one just like it! It hangs in my kitchen and I actually do use it! I just love your Ikea baby... I have a little small "island" that is VERY small.. really just a set of drawers with sides that come out and you can prop them up, but the props are broken so I don't use them. They WOULD be handy though, and I love how you've hung the little basket on yours. It's all just wonderful! sigh...... xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy