Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A GIFT THAT KEPT ON GIVING...












Tami and Tim 
always give such great gifts and
 what they picked out
 for our anniversary last week 
was no exception.

 On Tuesday afternoon,
 just after I had put out my blog post,
 a box appeared,
 as if by magic,
 on our front porch.  
(You've got to love Amazon too!) 
There were six of these 
beautiful solar lacy globes inside. 
 We took them out
 to the screened porch and
 put them together, and 
as we were walking back through 
the darkened bedroom 
we saw this...





Such beautiful 
shapes and lights 
being thrown around the room. 
 We were excited 
to place them out
 to absorb more sunlight and 
could hardly wait 
until it got dark.






When night came, 
they looked so pretty 
lined up along the front walkway.  
When it was time for bed
 we debated whether to leave them 
outside all night 
as we have had other pretties stolen 
from the yard in the past. 
 We decided
 to turn them off and 
put them up 
on the porch.






At a little after 3:00 AM 
I was awakened by the smoke detectors
 that always let off a beep 
when the power goes off.
  
Sure enough,
 we were a part of the 
"Great PG&E Shut-off" 
in case of bad weather. 
 Our power was off 
for approximately sixty-two hours - 
and not a sign of bad weather 
anywhere around us.  
Most businesses were out and 
are up in arms 
because of the money they lost 
for no apparent reason.





I'm just guessing
 a better plan will be made
 for the next time, and 
we are told,
 there will be
 a next time.





Anyway, 
in came the pretty lanterns and,
 at least, 
we had some illumination until bedtime.
  A beautiful and thoughtful gift
 that came at a time 
when it was most needed.

Thank you, Tami and Tim, 
they are so pretty 
and much appreciated.












Once the power came back on,
 I was in the mood for 
some light decorating and 
put together a small table setting 
of thanks and gratefulness.





I did get one more Santa done. 
 I think he is quite
 the pretty fellow.









"My kingdom 
for a spot of sun"

No matter how uncomfortable!





Now, 
I need to catch up on 
the news of the days, 
my favorite TV shows and 
all of you.

 Whoever said 
that you never miss things 
until you don't have them, 
knew what they 
were talking about.





You have been 
looking at some of the 
simple beauty that is fall
 around our garden.






May there be light and 
an abundance of 
greatfulness for everyone.


...Judy...






Sharing today with:


and


9 comments:

  1. Pretty post Judy. Such a lovely gift. The flowers are wonderful. I feel your pain about the power outage. 62 hours is a very long time. Throwing out food and also the business people who lost so much. You are so talented painting. Such a cute Santa. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, Those lanterns are so beautiful. I love the light they cast. I read about the power turn off. Yikes Girl, you are a wonderful painter of Santas. I just love those cure faces. Please tell what is the pretty red leaves....is it poison ivy?? Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gift and post Judy. Those power outages are crazy for all of you. I hope they get better at how they put that plan into use. The Santa is so cute. I love the Lanterns very pretty. Have a great week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lanterns are fabulous and I want them! Smart to move them closer to the house (why do people DO that?) Seems like there should have been a shut-off schedule so people could be sure their food didn't thaw or they had medical equipment back-up. Maybe they did and I missed it. What a lovely post (and what wonderful friends.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Judy, those lanterns are outstanding. I need to go check out Amazon for them right now! I'm glad they came in handy, but that's a bummer, power is essential. I read all about the outages. It just didn't sound like a great plan. Hopefully, they'll rethink their plan in the future. There really has to be a better way...Enjoy the light!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had heard from co-workers out West that the power company is randomly shutting folks out with no apparent reason and they think its because they need the money. Who knows. So love your new lights and how they look at night. Such a shame that folks have to steal from others. I always say they will get it in the end somehow. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,
    Thanks so much for visiting! I LOVE these pretty lanterns!! I cam think of so many things to do with them, can't you? I picture them hanging and little shepherd hooks through the garden or along a walkway!! What a wonderful gift! I heard about the power outages! Thant is crazy! Hopefully, there will be a better plan...Looking forward to your next post that you hinted about???
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, I'm late in commenting on this post! I love those lacy lanterns! They are just gorgeous on the walkway. Every porch should have some too! Your Fall colors are coming on strong.. ours are too here and I'm enjoying it so much. And your table setting... gets me all in the mood for Thanksgiving! Love the black checked plates and all the decorations.. makes me want to set a pretty table this year, but I think/hope we are going to my son's new (to him) home up in Astoria along the coast. The weather here will have to cooperate and not snow when it's time to go though! Loved all of your Santa paintings too! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy