Monday, October 28, 2019

WHERE WOULD YOU BE WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT?...










Today is 
October 28, Monday, at 8:39 PM.

We just got back on power
 as of 2:30 this afternoon 
since Saturday night. 
 We just received another call 
from PG&E
 stating that we would probably
 lose power sometime during the night
 and could be off 
another 48 hours. 
If you don't hear from me 
within the next few days, 
just know that I will be back
 when I can! 
 Now, 
have a wonderful week and a
 Happy Halloween..

xxoJ

Yesterday,
 we did get to Auburn and Target and 
I found the cutest pumpkin plates and
 yes,
 my make up was askew.
 It is hard to see 
with the lights off! 
(As you read down 
you will see the meaning of this).









This is our street.





This is our street in 
full autumn dress.





This is our street's corner 
where the Cottage sits.






All of this
 is what we see 
in the full light of a beautiful fall day.
  But, at 3:28 PM sharp,
 on last Wednesday 
all of that changed - again. 

 Our power was shut off.






First,
 we heard it would be off sometime Tuesday,
 then sometime Wednesday. 
 All you get on the message 
that they tell you on the telephone is 
that you need to go online
 to find out more..
then all you hear online is: 
 "We have, or we may, 
shut off your power". 

 Very informative!






I have certainly found out
 a little something about myself though.
  It seems that when 
all the amenities are restored and
 in working order, 
I am happy to just sit and 
let it happen, 
but when all those distractions 
are taken away, 
the only thing I want to do is
 to be up and doing, 
so that's what we did.

 We moved furniture around 
in the dining room.






We switched places
 with the settle bench and
 the large cupboard.






We had to take everything
 out of the cupboard 
as it is really heavy.
  That made for a good opportunity 
to dust, clean and rearrange.






I put all of the white dishes
 on one shelf and
 all of the blue and white 
on another.

 It seems that I have 
a dish fetish. 
 I have so many "theme" dishes 
that I never have a chance to use 
so now I have freed up a shelf
 for displaying more of those. 
 This is as far as I've gotten 
in putting this room back together 
but - hey - 
there will always be 
another day and time - 
that we are sure of now!






The next morning 
we got in the car and 
drove to Hobby Lobby and 
then to Jack's for a turkey sandwich. 
 (The Captain deserves something 
out of all this). 
 I picked up a few Christmas items 
but no dishes this time.

 This therapy works out really well. 
 It is better to spend 
a little money 
then to sit and fume
 over something that can't be changed.
  At least this time 
there was some windy weather.
  
Our power was back on 
when we returned home. 
 Only 23 hours this time.






I didn't paint
 any new Santas this week
 but in order to keep you from withdrawals,
 I did change that blue one
 that I painted before 
to red. 
 I just couldn't leave it alone.






As I write this today, 
we are expecting another shut down 
sometime this early evening 
so if you happen to see 
a candle in a window somewhere and 
a crazed lady, 
with make-up askew, 
standing in front of the dish isle
at Home Goods 
don't be alarmed.

 It's only an experiment in therapy.



...Judy...







Sharing today with:


and

17 comments:

  1. good morning how beautiful color around your home
    have blessing day
    XOX
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your therapy experiments seem promising --- and probably good for Hobby Lobby, too! I admire your "powerless productivity." Doing all that arrangement and moving can be a real pain but it looks like you've found a way to make it fun -- or at least make it happen! I love your pretty shelves in the cabinet and your lovely and colorful street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy, this must be maddening. I read Linda’s post, it’s affecting so many people. There really has to be a better way around this problem. In the meantime you seem to be dealing with it with a great attitude! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating to lose power like that. When we lose power from bad weather, I am sometimes not in a really good mood, that's all I can say. My husband lights a lamp and reads, me I am looking for a hotel somewhere with it. So good your husband doesn't mind changing up things with re arranging furniture. I usually have to do it alone when mine is gone to work. Yes, he retired and went back to work. I do it so much.
    You are doing the right thing by going shopping and getting away for a while. I need to check out Hobby lobby, haven't been in a while. Michaels here already has Christmas mark downs, next to Halloween décor. Supposed to rain here Halloween too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy,
    I can not imagine losing power like that so often but at least you have a little humor in thinking about it and have enjoyed what i always call retail therapy!! LOL!! I LOVE that hutch in your Dining Room and that wall color.....You know what I am going to ask you but i know it will depend on power...Can you do a post showcasing your lovely Dining Room???? and if you did one recently that I can not recall, please send me a link because i need some eye candy therapy!! LOL!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Love those Santa's that you have painted too!! Take care, stay safe and i hope you continue to have power, my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be so frustrating … but what can you do!!!
    It seems that you are coping well, but here's to the power on again :)

    Keep safe and keep smiling.

    All the best Jan

    PS I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to admit it, but I go through "power withdrawals" when we don't have it! I miss my computer and YouTube and watching movies in the evening, and miss the lights when I have to walk around the dark house with the flashlight. Even candles don't make me real happy! Used to, but now I just want my power back! You are handling it with such good humor.... does that mean that Hobby Lobby DID have power? How comes the stores get to keep it and residents don't? Not fair! But I agree, retail therapy is good, or going to a restaurant or cafe to eat out. When we lived with only a well, and lost power, then we couldn't even have running water or flush the toilet. But living in town, I think we still get to keep our running water and flush! That's one plus anyway. I pray that all those fires get under control and that you don't have to keep have power shut-offs. Love your blue Santa too.. and all that rearranging... wow.. looks so pretty! hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! What amazingly beautiful fall colors, you are indeed fortunate to be able to live among such beauty.

    Your Santa is adorable, you are way ahead of me on Christmas, I am still thinking about Halloween.

    Good luck with your electricity, it must really take some planning to be without it for so long.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Judy! Es una faena no poder disfrutar de todas las comodidades que nos brinda la energía, no nos damos cuenta lo que la necesitamos hasta que nos falta! Al menos invertiste bien tu tiempo, ese mueble es una joya, qué platos tan bonitos, me gustan mucho, y las compras para Navidad muy dulces! Tu Santa me gusta en azul o rojo!
    Tu calle se ve preciosa con el colorido del otoño!
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you have had to deal with power loss. That stinks. The good news is your views are beautiful. I so want to get some maples and plant them on our farm. Your view is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi: Thanks so much for your visit. I could not find another way to contact you. There are so many beautiful tress that change colors. I wish I had at least one of each..Happy Weekend..Judy

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Can't wait to see what you will be doing for Christmas!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy