Tuesday, November 19, 2019

RANDOM RAMBLINGS...










I want to thank 
each and everyone of you 
who sent me birthday greetings - 
and I did not get one condolence,
 so I really appreciate that! 

As I mentioned to some of you,
 a philosophy that I have taken on 
is that all birthdays,
 no matter what the number, 
are to be celebrated.
  
There are a lot 
that weren't lucky enough 
to reach this number 
as I can attest to from 
our high school graduating class.
  So, I thank you all,
 for making me feel like
 a Spring Chicken!





I read a blog post recently 
that says these ceramic Christmas trees 
are making a come back and 
fetching pretty high prices on EBay 
for the vintage ones. 
 I just so happen 
to have one that the Captain bought
 from a lady he worked with 
back in the 70's.
Truth be told, 
I really never thought 
it was my most favorite decoration 
but I appreciated his thoughtfulness.  
After using it a couple of times,
 I put it away and kind of forgot about it.
  For some reason though, 
I hung on to it and found it again, 
back in a dark corner,
 where I had left it. 
 This particular one
 looks just like one on EBay 
for around $200. 
 He can't remember what he paid for it 
but it wasn't nearly that price.
  Mine wouldn't bring that price, however, 
as it is missing the star on top
 and two of the colored bulbs. 
 I know I've seem that star 
laying around somewhere 
so hope I can find it. 
 I will display it again this year
 whether I find 
the missing pieces or not. 
 It is just kind of fun
 to have something that is
 making a come back 
(and you find that you were 
smart enough to keep it).





I found this 
pretty little frosted wreath
 at Hobby Lobby 
and am trying to remember
 what two other small ones
 that I got last year 
looked like so I can tweak it to match. 
 They are still packed 
so I will go through my photos.





Two more santas 
and 
that's all!







When I was downtown today, 
I picked up these sweet little deer.
 They come on a stick of three and 
look just like a cute gingerbread 
at a distance.
 They were only $6 for the stick.
  When you pull them apart 
they look just like 
they are prancing
 through the air.






I am still in the planning stages 
for Thanksgiving and 
one plan is to clean house
 so I best get to it.

 Word has it 
that our power is
 going to be shut off again 
tomorrow 
so fingers crossed 
that the generator
 does its job.


See you next week!


...Judy...






A naughty and noisy 
red head 
hanging out
 by the Cottage.



Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

and

Keep In Touch at Let's Add Sprinkles

12 comments:

  1. Those trees are making a huge comeback, Judy. I found one two years ago (since I was not smart enough to keep the one my sister made for my mom back in the early 80s) at a thrift store, but was too cheap to pay the $25. Now the same store has it marked for $100!! And it will go this year. I was lucky enough to find a white one for under $5 that same year and I love it. I also saw them in Michael's this year...for $90!! Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen those trees go for lots on Ebay. I remember my mom made one in ceramics class she took when we were kids. She had that thing forever and with her last move I think it broke and was thrown out. It was one of those decorations that always came out each year and sat on a table. Hope the generator works tomorrow for you.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sell the vintage ceramic trees between $50 to $100 at our store. My mom and I made one in a class once. Dont know what happened to mine though. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings just capture my heart! And I love your gingerbread deer on a stick. They do look like they are flying! I remember those trees. You are trendy and vintage at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday. I love your lighted ceramic tree. My grandma had one and it disappeared after her death. I really would have loved to have had it. I love your bottles too. Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I remember those ceramic trees. I took ceramics class with my mom back in about 1966 and 1967 and everyone was making them! I don't think we did though. Oh the memories of that! I do wish I had one now as they really are pretty and unique. Amazing the things that we had as kids that are now on Ebay and Etsy for ridiculous prices! Love your santas and the cute little reindeer. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you if I don't get to do a blog post before then! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Judy! Nunca había visto árboles de Navidad de cerámica, qué suerte tener ya uno, me parece muy bonito y original! Los ciervos me han encantado, y la corona me ha parecido muy elegante, me gustan mucho los dulces rincones navideños que estás preparando! Los Santas son ideales, el craquelado de fondo queda muy chulo!
    Un beso y feliz finde!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I had a large ceramic Tree many years ago that I gave away and then 2 years ago, I got a smaller one that belonged to my neighbor and I gave that one away to a family member...I am not kicking myself for not keeping it!! Looking forward to seeing how you will be decorating for Christmas...
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love it, Thanks for sharing! Looking forward for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matthew: I appreciate your visit and your kind words. I hope you will return and have a very Merry Christmas..Judy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy