Tuesday, March 9, 2021

TRUTHFUL REALITY...

 






Even though
 you saw some pretty sweet sights
 on my last weeks' posts 
such as...



...this stack of
 cute dishes and...




...this cute sign and...




...this bright, shiny object.



I forgot to take photos right at the beginning of the clean-up, so this is only half or what it looked like!

In reality,
 this is what was happening
 in and around the Cottage
 behind closed doors, so to speak. 
 She never complains
 when she is abused in this manner
 and, believe me, 
this doesn't happen all the time,
 but this is the situation
 we are in right now.




One summer,
 a few years ago,
 we changed up a 
pretty, little sunporch
 off of the guest bedroom 
into a pretty, little craft/sewing room. 
 It was used in the early morning hours
 but it became too hot during the day. 
 When winter set in,
 it felt like a freezer, 
so it became a large box
 for stuff waiting 
for the right time to be put away
 where it belonged. 
 Over the years, 
for one reason or another, 
the right time was never found 
and it became 
a long haul storage situation...




When I picked up the bug for painting,
 I moved my craft paints
 into the library.  
Without going into too many explanations,
 before long 
the pretty room seen above
 turned into this...




...no other explanations 
needed or wanted!!

Our pretty, little Cottage
 has too many small spaces,
 hidden behind doors, 
that are too easy to shut
 and then taken advantage of,
 so to speak! 
 I am not making excuses,
 this is just the truthful reality 
of life here at the Cottage. 
 I don't have a problem 
keeping the main living areas respectable,
 but it is way too easy 
to just lay something down 
"just for a minute" 
and then just shutting all those doors.


When it came time 
to pack up all the Christmas, 
we stacked up the boxes
 in the dining room. 
 As it rained a few days
 during this project, 
we waited for it to dry out 
before transferring the boxes out
 to the garden shed 
which should be a receptacle
 for garden tools, right? 

 Long story short:
  Since I wasn't using
 the craft/sewing room 
except for storing stuff,
 let's take out all the unusable stuff
 and put the Christmas stuff
 there so it is easier to get too
 when it comes time to use it.




 Good deal! 
 Now we can 
close the door 
and not feel like losers! 
and I can still get to my sewing machine.

As far as that library/art studio goes,
 we are still working on it. 
 Hopefully,
 we can get it done
 in the coming week.


I am making myself happy,
 I am making the Captain happy
 (he has space once again 
for his garden tools), 
and I am making the Cottage happy. 

 That is my story
 and I'm sticking to it!!

And while you are waiting
 on pins and needles 
to see the outcome...




  ...here is a
 little funny, bunny business
 to remind us that
 Spring/Easter isn't far behind.

Stay Smart
Stay Well
Get Your Vaccines

"My interest is in the future 
because I am going to spend
 the rest of my life there".

Charles F Kettering

Wear Your Masks.


...Judy...





Sharing today with:

25 comments:

  1. Well Judy, kudos to you. Sometimes we all let things pile up and we say we will get to it.I have a few bins out in the garage to put away. it sounds like everyone is happy. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Inbetween TV shows we are able to get a little something done. Second shots will be gotten on Saturday and everybody is happy..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. I burst out laughing when I saw the room after you moved your painting in there. Trust me, I can relate! When Covid hit, I moved computer, art, etc. to the dining table (at the end of the living room) so I could watch 24/7 news. I'm still there but getting the office cleaned up so I can go back in there, now that it's warmer (that room gets cold). Well done on all your projects. (I just got the Christmas stuff put in their places last week. You're not alone.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. I think the operative word is not "well done" but "get done", and I am not making as much progress as I want to. I am finding the TV has a greater calling to me than a messy room..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. I am all caught up on your older posts, just warming myself with a cup of tea and always enjoy your cozy down home writing and photos. have you made any plans for your first freedom foray? I'm in line with my puppy, she got her last shots today and is ready to meet the public in 2 weeks, I follow behind her with my second shot soon, then we both can step out and mingle again, it sounds to good to be true! meanwhile, with snow projected, I am thrilled to curl up with a good book and stay toasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. In my heart of hearts, I really want to go to Trader Joe's and get bushels of pretty flowers! In my head, I don't know if I will be able to do that. Our daughter's birthday is at the end of May. By that time we will all have had our second shots so here again my heart of hearts takes over. Fingers crossed..STay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Very fine photos 😊 have a nice day 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maryna. I wish a nice day for you also..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Hi Judy,
    I think we can all relate to your situation. I have small living quarters so no spare rooms but closets are my downfall. My house is neat and tidy but open up my bedroom closet or the hall linen closet etc. and you will see things put in any which way and then I just shut the door. I did however have to straighten and clean some of them because of selling the house. You know those pesky buyers like to open your cabinets and closet doors lol! Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Did you have to take all of your pretties down before selling?..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. I can so relate! We don't have any "extra rooms" to store stuff, but our single car garage is the culprit! things get stacked there until we(I) find room to put them on our shelves which are now pretty much full! I guess I say... "this is my house and I can do what I want with it".... and if I need to store stuff "in house" then so be it! Who really cares anyway, except we make it hard on ourselves, more than anyone else does! Important thing is, you can get to your painting which you love, and can get to your sewing machine, which is just great. My craftroom is kind of a catchall and the floor gets kind of piled.. and then I put stuff away, but then things from other parts of the house move right back in! Oh well.... I just have to go with the flow of having a small house! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. You are so right, we just make it hard on ourselves. I am so tired of knocking something off a table/shelf/whatever when I walk by that I am just on the verge of throwing everything out. Why can't I just take a nap and have it all clean when I get up?..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I have piles sometimes and would love to have a few small rooms to shut my crafts and fun playthings away in. We don't have any spaces like that around here. Right now my kitchen table is covered with projects and there's no door to shut it all away. I have to stare at it and so does everyone else in the house. They are not thrilled about that, but it is what it is! And your home looks lovely no matter what! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. Personally, I am sick of knocking things off whenever I walk by. I think I need to change my way of doing things..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. I actually laughed reading this post because if you could see my spare bedroom right now. It looks like a tornado hit. I need to clean it up soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I would like to see that room. It would feel good to laugh at someone besides myself..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. I have one room to store stuff, nice flowers❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kinga. You are lucky you just have one room..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. I am so bad at laying something down in a room saying I'll take care of it later.. hmmm then the husband says "is this a new decoration" Rat.
    When we built this house in 2018 it had one room just for me to use for an office and my sewing. It's an ongoing process to get it looking clean. It usually looks like a bull in a china closet went through. LOL Of course the past year health issues have continued to slow me down. Hopefully all will be better sooner than later. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carla. This year has been a bad one, and I guess we can cut ourselves some slack for falling behind in some areas. Like I said that is my story and I'm sticking to it..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. Hi Judy! Oh, we have all done this for sure! It's amazing how one little thing or just for now snowballs into long term, lol. We are a building a new house in Kentucky to be closer to our daughter and sil, so we have been busy cleaning out all those hidey holes and nooks & crannies to get our home of 20 years ready to go on the market next month. Oh my goodness, sooo much to do! Hope you have a wonderful week - loved this post, it really hit home! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. I can't even imagine what life will be like when we have to move from here. I have so much stuff that I, myself, are getting disgusted. You are right, there is so much to do, and I can't make myself get started..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. Judy,
    I often thank god that there are doors on our 2 back bedrooms better know as the Craft Room and the Sitting room...Those doors have been closed since Christmas...I am finally getting to clean and straighten in those rooms so I can keep those doors open....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. I still haven't started on the library yet..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. I think we all do that. Lately our pool table becomes our dumping spot. And it's in the main part of the house. We had company this weekend so it is now all cleaned up until next time. Our attic access is in the garage by a stair case not a ladder so it's easier to get our holiday decor put away sorta. I'm not good on the stair. We all have our dumping spots. I need to clean my sewing area. I started and then made a bigger mess. But first I need to finish 2 more baby quilts.
    Have a wonderful week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy