Tuesday, October 5, 2021

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINE...

 





Whose coming to dine?

AUTUMN IS....






Autumn has come to Gold Country Cottage 

and the dining room is the one room which begs for it. 

 The red walls are the perfect foil 

for the oranges, bronzes and golds 

of fall.





Nothing fits the scheme better 

than a mismatch of faux stems covered in colorful leaves and berries

 along with the soft light of a country lamp

 shining down on an old crow..





...and two pumpkins, 

one made from an old sweater

 and the other from plaid flannel 

covering a roll of TP,

 sitting on a bed of

 autumn leaves.





The main decoration that draws your eye 

is the large painted sign, a gift from our kids, 

underlined with an old shelf full of tiny platters and pitchers 

and an edging of more autumn leaves.











On top of the table

 is a country carrier filled to the brim 

with pumpkins, grasses,

 dried hydrangeas and sunflowers 

and rusty candlesticks holding burnt orange candles 

encased in large clear glass hurricanes.





A view 

from the dining room

 into the sitting room...





...and the view

 from the kitchen 

into the dining room.


 Next week will be the kitchen's turn at autumn dressing 

and you will see the project we have been working on. 

 As I said before,

 don't expect a big deal, 

but just something fun, old and sweet.





Here is the latest update on Kai.

  He had another day of testing and is doing well with it. 

 I don't know the medical terminology for any of it,

 but he is at around 400 and the vet wants him down to 200. 

 She says he is responding very well so far 

and has upped his insulin dosage to 4 units 

and she will increase it very slowly until he is where he should be. 

 So far, so good. 

 He is a little trooper and takes his shots very well.

 He gives the needle the evil eye but with no complaints.  

The only complaining is done by "mom"

 as she has to get up at 6:00 AM every morning!





My back is still giving me fits 

so I am moving quite slowly these days. 

 Looking forward to getting our booster Covid shots. 

 We both took the Moderna so have to wait until one is approved.





Oh, My, Goodness! 

 Look who it is! 


 Bitty Morsel and  Sweet Gertie

 have stopped by to wish you all well 

and hope you are enjoying this beautiful fall weather.


Have a wonderful week!


...Judy...







Sharing today with:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda


28 comments:

  1. Your home is absolutely beautiful Judy! Thanks so much for sharing. Prayers for Kai! Have a wonderful week and a beautiful autumn season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much, Denise. I appreciate your kind and generous words. Hope you are having a wonderful autumn so far..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Your dining room with its red walls is the perfect autumn room, and I like your punkins made from a flannel shirt and a sweater. I hope Kai will find the ideal treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Terra. I love fall and all the bright colors. Kai is doing well so far..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Love seeing Bitty and Gertie out for Fall. Glad Kai is doing well. Bravo Judy for hanging in there with helping Kai. That is a hard disease to control in doggies so you are doing great. Love seeing the living room all done up for fall. Can't wait to see the kitchen. I had Moderna too and have to wait for a booster too. Have a great day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Bitty and Gertie always insist that they be included! Kai is doing well and hopefully it will stay that way. We are just in the first part so fingers crossed. He is a little trooper..Happy Weekend my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Kai is lucky to have a caring "mom". ll the best for continued improvement! Our Sadie is not on meds, but has certainly slowed down.
    Your dining room is a beautiful sight. We have red wainscoting in our dining room. I love living with color, and the colors of fall are some of my favorites. So rich and warm!
    Happy Autumn, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. Kai is doing well so far. It is so sad when our little furs start slowing down. He certainly is a more cheerful dog since starting the meds. I love the color red and it always seems to pop up here and there during any holiday..Happy Weekend my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. It's all very beautiful as usual Judy. I do love all the warm colors... you have such a wonderful knack for dressing things up. xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I love the colors too. Our trees around here have not yet turned, it still has been too warm in the evenings but last night was much colder so I hope we get some soon. I appreciate your kind words, my friend..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Oh Judy, I love all the beautiful, cozy color in your home. It's perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. I do love color and use alot when I can..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Hi Judy! Your dining room looks so lovely all decked out for Fall. Glad to hear little Kai is responding well to the meds. Sorry about your back and hope you'll feel batter soon.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shelia. Kai is doing well so far. We are just in the beginning of his journey but so far, so good. I hate having back pain, it does slow me down a lot, but I just have to hope that it will get better soon..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Looking good in the neighborhood and yes your red walls are PERFECT for Autumn. I would invite Autumn to you home all of the time. :-) Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. Yes, I would have autumn around all year, except maybe for Christmas! Thanks for your kind words and Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. gorgeous post, and poor puppy, and poor Linda with the back aching. Nothing is worse...except knee replacements, lol. Love all your colors and beautiful arrangements. Windows have arrived for installation in the Living Room...Hubby is doing it himself---so it will take awhile, no point in decorating when the main room is ripped up. Hugs, and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. My back hurts all the time and I am kind of coming to the conclusions if it isn't my hips.! I know all about hubby doing work. As mine always says: He is slow, but cheap, and sometimes that is just the way to go. It will be worth the wait..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. I never get tired of seeing any room in your beautiful home. I'm so glad kai is responding well to the shots. I have the exact same pumpkin head angel with the wood star wings. I love mine. I got her while on vacation a few years ago. I hope your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love that little punkin head too. I have had her for many years also. My back seems to be ongoing. When I was younger it would come but then always get better. I have noticed it is hanging around more in these later years. Oh, well, I think this is what is meant about Golden Years, but I know it could be much worse so I am blessed..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. Your home is absolutely amazing, amazing, Judy. I've told you so many times that if it were a shop, I'd be broke and leave with a truckload. I'm sorry your back is still giving you trouble, I hope you're feeling 100% soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. That wouldn't work because than I would have more money to buy more stuff and that could be hazardous! Come and visit and I will just give it to you! I am muddling through old age, I think..Happy Weekend, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. Judy,
    You know how much I love your Dining Room and you are so right in that the color is perfect for Fall.....
    Everything looks beautiful!! So cozy...It looks like it was taken right out of a magazine!!Thanks so much for sharing with us!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. You always say the nicest things. I love autumn and all the color that goes with it and it is fun..Happy Weekend, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. Your dining room is so inviting! Can't wait to see the kitchen in it's Autumn dress. Love the sign: Home makes my Heart Smile - could you share where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ellen. I love that little sign too. I bought it a couple of years ago but can't remember where. I looked on the back of it but there is no company name, so sorry that is all I can tell you about it..Happy Fall..xxoJudy

      Delete
  14. I so admire all your decorating, its hard work! I love to see it all and thankfully it can stay out until Dec 1 st, but your attention to detail everywhere is a marvel! I have had numerous diabetic cats, thankfully its very manageable. Hope your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so warm and cozy, Judy. It's like a big hug, stepping into your dining room. I love the colors, the whole feel of it. Good news about Kai. That's always so worrying.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy