Tuesday, January 16, 2024

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM...








I wrote a post last May

 that turned out to be the most viewed of 2023.

  We are now in the throes of winter 

and I thought it timely to show it again. 

 If it was liked then, surely it will be loved now
 so grab a hot drink, take a seat by the fire,
 pull back those lace curtains
 and dream a little dream with me.

A SUNNY MESSAGE

 


Any day is a good day 

when sun shines through lace curtains...



...but before the lilacs 

and the Lady Banks bloomed 

and even though spring had arrived, 

the sun still hadn't gotten the message

 and faux greenery 

was the only game in town.




Now, the roses are in full bloom,

 filling the garden 

and all the rooms in the Cottage

 with their lovely scents and colors...







The sun is now shining,

 with attitude,

 and the garden is grateful...





Just keeping you in the sunshine.  

Hope all is well.





We had our family celebration last Sunday.  
It turned out really well. 
 Lots of laughing, love and good eats. 
 We exchanged gifts
 and watched all the dogs frolic 
and ate marionberry pie. 
 Jacenda was the star of the day
 as she taught me how to get my photos larger. 
 It was a good day.


So now back to dreaming...






...and life in real time and living color.

...xxoJudy...





Sharing today at:
























18 comments:

  1. Yes, a bit of color and warmth is WELCOME...love your post again....! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sandi. Never can have too much of it in my opinion..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! It is liked again, at least by me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. We can always use some summer..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Yes, Judy, I liked it! I need some garden color with this extreme cold we are in here in Texas. Thanks for sharing again! Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. Wish I had some real color right now.. Stay warm..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Judy,
    What a lovely post! I loved it then and I love it now!! Thanks again for stopping by!! We are in the grips of arctic cold with high's in the teens predicted....And we had 3 inches of snow today!! But it is so nice and cozy inside!! I hope you are having a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. Yes, we are keeping warm and cozy but would really be happier with a little bit of snow . We just have heavy fog which is a little unusual for us..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Oh we all need a little sunshine and color these days of winter. We are having a really really cold week here in the midwest. I will be so happy to see Spring arrive. Love your sweet bird tea set. So cute. Staying cozy inside is the name of the game these days. Have a great rest of the week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. We are expecting more rain and fog this week. I feel for you as I know your weather will be much worse. Stay warm and cozy..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I am dreaming it is back in the 60's. Even 20 or 30 would be a heat wave right now. Pretty pics. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I'm dreaming that dream with you..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. I loved this post all over again! I love looking at your beautiful, lovely home and the flowers you always have scattered around, whether real or faux! Your photos are so dreamy and mystical. This time of year, we start dreaming of sunshine again! I don't think I've seen the sun but one day in the last 2 months here! and this is supposed to be "sunny Central Oregon". Ha! Not in this town... we are in a bowl and the clouds just seem to settle in and the sun doesn't get a chance. Hope all is well and you are doing fine..... lots of snow here, gray, ice, gray, clouds, gray.. did I say gray??? and now warm today for a little bit of a thaw, and then more snow coming on Thursday, all day! I must say this is NOT my favorite time of the year! xoxoo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I hope you are able to stay warm even with all the gray! We do have some sun about every two days or so but still is very cold. xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful repeat of that sweet post. I am anxious for Spring. I don't do well in this cold weather at all. You take really wonderful pictures. Lots and lots of snow here--and icy roads and temps below zero F. Not a fan! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana. I complain about winter but I realize that there are others that have it much harder than I do. I don't know how you do it! Just keep warm and safe and spring will be along eventually for all of us..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the throwback, Judy. It was a pleasant burst of color and warmth on a very chilly and snowy day...week...month. So glad to hear that you had your Christmas celebration and were able to celebrate with your family. I know how much you look forward to your visits. Dreaming of spring and summer over here, too...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. We were so happy to be able to get together and had a really good time. The weather is much worse for others , I know and sympathize, we all need a little sunshine in our lives..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy