Tuesday, February 13, 2024

MAY YOUR HEART BE FULL...





 

Good Morning, Friends...


Tomorrow is the big day. 

 The day when we have a heart to heart,

 wear our hearts on our sleeves, 

pull on our heartstrings and, hopefully 

have no broken hearts. 

 We all know that home is where the heart is 

so I got busy to show you exactly where my heart lies.




I'm getting to the heart of the matter

and gathering together 

some romance to adorn the parlor mantel.

I think we all feel

that there is nothing like a little bit of soft color 

to warm up what is probably

 the coldest month of the year...




...Cupid knew what he was doing 

when he picked February to show off. 



 I just couldn't bring myself

 to put all the winter away yet. 

 I am leaving just enough to blend into 

what is coming in through the windows still, 

and hoping that

 the romance of dried anniversary roses 

will have the heart to overcome it all.









Do you see the string of little birds 

peeking out from under the winter greens?  

They are telling us 

that spring can't be too far behind.





The dining room is another spot 

that needs some brightening up

 this time of year,

so a pretty bunch of flowers 

that the Captain brought home 

as a surprise for me does the trick.  

The man not only is a sweetheart 

but he definitely has a sweet heart.




Just a couple of...



...heart felt moments from the Cottage.




A few days ago we saw this...




...and now this.

  All is well with my heart.


I am wishing everyone a Happy Valentines Day,

 and all happy days thereafter,

from the bottom of my heart.




Now I'm off to pay bills and taxes,

 and I can tell you my heart is not in it. 


Bless your hearts,

...xxoJudy...




Sharing today at:

Love Your Creativity Link Party #239 | Life and Linda



11 comments:

  1. Judy, I relate to your musings and love seeing your heartfelt touches about your home. I finally felt motivated to put out some hearts. I have way more hearts in various collections. I'm trying to pass some along as I find good homes. Today, two young men have been working here all morning, excellent electricians and fine humans. One the father of five and the other the father of two. I went up to my box of valentine things and filled them each a bag with heart/valentine things to share with their children and wives. It feels so good to pass along some of my holiday treasures to be enjoyed by someone younger. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. What a beautiful idea and message. I love that you did that and I can only imagine how special their families found it..Happy Valentines Day..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Love all the hearts and love around your sweet cottage. Happy Valentines Day sweet friend. Enjoy. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. February comes just in time to brighten things up a bit. Happy Valentines Day to you..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much. I am trying to get a little spring into the Cottage as it is so dark outside still. My hubby gave me some beautiful tulips this morning. Can't wait to arrange them, they do scream spring..Happy Valentines Day..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Happy Valentine's Day. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. Just a little something to brighten the day. Glad you liked it and hope your Valentines Day was Happy..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Happy Valentines' Day to YOU Judy! You always manage to brighten up your already sweet and pretty cottage. Each of your hearts is so unique! I love the pink and green paper rosettes! They had such delight to your mantel! Bless your sweet Captain to bring you flowers... it's so thoughtful. I don't know why us ladies love receiving flowers, but we do, and it really does warm the heart. Those little birdies I almost missed, so glad you mentioned them! Have a heartfelt day! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I made the rossetts a few years ago and thought I had enough to make a garland to hang but that was all I could find. Don't know where I put things anymore. Does that mean maybe I have too much stuff? I like to hang a stencilled sign at Christmas on the mantel, but found out that the Captain screwed the birds there and I didn't want to deal with the holes it left, so there they stay, although I do love them there..Happy winter days to you, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Happy Valentine's Judy! I ❤ all of your beautiful hearts as well as your beautiful heart. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. You are too sweet. Hope you had a lovely day..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy