Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A LITTLE BIT OF IRISH SPRING...





The last few days have been exquisite. 

 The kind of days that you wish would be setting an example for the rest of the year. 

 Soft breezes along with 

the warm sun on your back.  

It all adds up to perfection

 and even though it's a little too early for it to last,

 it is something to be held close and cherished for now.




I am enjoying seeing all of the pretty neighborhood early bloomers 

but our garden is always a little slower.  

The daffodils are just buds now

 and a few camellia blooms are spotted.




I didn't get to the market 

so the few blossoms that are in the garden are now in a pretty green vase

 in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

  Although a very few, 

they are still some beautiful blossoms, 

as promised.





 A few more photos of the entry.



Last weekend we took a little ride and stopped at a couple of thrift stores. 

 I have lost track of how long

 it has been since I did that. 

 I guess I have finally come to the conclusion 

that I must have enough stuff because not much appealed to me. 

 I did find the pretty plate for $3

 that matches the Belleek cup that I picked up

a few years ago at a garage sale for 50 cents.




Plate with clovers:  Belleek, Fermanagh, Ireland
 Green plate:  Royal Doulton, England






I set up some blarney in the entry
and on the game table in the sitting room. 
 Not a lot, just enough to spread 
a little bit of Irish spring around.




A sunshiny day. 
 Possible rain tomorrow. 
One day closer to spring.

Hope you all are having a good week 

and getting a peek at some springlike weather.


...xxoJudy...




Sharing today at:



19 comments:

  1. Judy,
    I really enjoyed seeing all your pretty pops of green for Saint Patrick's Day...I too started to share my Saint Patrick's Day decorations in the Den...We have had some nice days with temps. in the 50's and even hit 60 today!! I am now in the mood to pack away Winter /Valentine's and start Spring/Easter decorating which I started today....Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Have a great rest of the week!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. We are having a nice day today, but more and bigger storms expected next week. Glad you are having good days too. I'm giving Easter a few more days..Happy Tuesdat, xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. How sweet you have blossoms already. Our daffy's are just tips sticking up. Gorgeous day today, but wild weather tonight. It's always something...loving your vases and dishes with your blossoms! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. Today will be another good day then the rain and even snow to come. Not quite springlike weather just yet..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. It felt like spring here today as well! But tonight, snow is moving in... tis that uncertain season between winter and spring, which I call Springter, lol! I loved all your beautiful photos - and I understand going to a thrift shoppe and wondering - where will I put it? Your plates are so beautiful, and I love the touches of green for an Irish spring. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. Sounds like we are having similar weather patterns. A couple of seasons ago, I was calling it Sprinter. Seems we are at that time again..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Love your sweet treasures found. I did ancestry DNA kit a while back and found out I am 45% Irish. Never knew that. So now I feel I can celebrate St. Patricks Day with a few decor items and join in the fun. Have a great rest of the week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Irish roots come from my dad's side of the family so I feel I can celebrate a bit..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. I love your greens and yellows for decorating! No spring here yet.. tons of rain and wind, and even some skiffs of snow, and almost on the Oregon coast at that! How neat that you found the little pot to match the plate with the lucky clovers.... how fun to find something to match something we've had for a long time! Where I've moved to, I have seen some camelia bushes blooming but nothing else.. it'll come soon enough! I'm looking forward to some sunshine! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. It is raining here now and snow expected in a few days. Just something we have to live with nowadays. Let me know how the move is going..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. I find that I'm much picker now, at thrift stores, than I used to be. I have so much stuff, I should be donating, not buying! I love your little plate though. Great find, just the right touch of spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I feel lucky to have found the plate. I guess there is something to be said for the luck of the Irish..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Lovely blarney -- and beautiful daffs, too! It looks like spring has landed in your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. I picked the one daff that was blooming in the garden. There are now a few more buds but heavy rains last night may have squelched them..Gray skies during the day but rain and wind at night, but still the little birds are hopping around and singing. All good news..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. Such pretty Springtime plates and you displayed very well! Love the flowers too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. That really is a pretty plate and I'm glad to have found it. Happy weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Judy, your peek of spring is lovely. The plate is so lovely and a great find. Love seeing the daffodils. A pleasure to see. I am happy to feature your bit of Irish spring at Love Your Creativity. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I appreciate your recognizing my post. Happy weekend. xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Love your look for spring. It's fun to see your St. Pat's inspiration because I'm working on a St. Pat's table.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy