Tuesday, April 2, 2024

THE COLORS OF SPRING...

 




On Easter Sunday 

we had a small amount of rain earlier in the day 

but early evening brought a stunning pink sky

 that lit the Cottage from within with a rosy glow 

and that continued on the next day 

with blue skies and sunshine. 

 April showers are sure to come, 

but this was a beautiful part of the process.




This is one of our four camellia bushes 

that are in bloom now. 

 It stands against the side of the garage 

at the end of the Secret Garden. 

 I don't know how old it is but 

it was this large when we bought the Cottage

 over 30 years ago.





I showed this photo of the bunny painting 

in my Easter post. 

 I had first seen a similar one on Antique Farmhouse and fell in love with it, 

but not with the price tag 

which was pushing $90.   

Are you familiar with Temu? 

  I had seen it on Pinterest 

but, frankly, thought it might be

 a shopping experience better left alone!  

The first time I saw this item...




 ...around Christmas time,

 I debated over it a long while. 

 I really thought it was cute but, again, would it just be some cheap item that was better off left alone?

  I decided to send for it anyway as it was only $12 

and so didn't have much to lose.  

When it arrived I was really flabbergasted.  

 I just couldn't get enough of looking at it. 

 It is well made out of a kind of balsa wood 

but sturdy enough and the details are very sharp. 

 The colors were wonderful

 and when I put the batteries in 

it shines beyond belief.

  I ended up ordering Tami and Jacenda each one for Christmas. 




 Back to the bunny picture...  

When it popped up on the Temu site

 I couldn't believe it. 

 The fact is, it is smaller

 than the one on Antique Farmhouse

 but with a much smaller price tag,

 everything else looks exactly the same.  

Here, again, it is well made and very cute

and......the price was also $12! 

(I clicked on the site

 just to make sure I am giving the right address 

and I see the price is down to $9 now)

  Not everything is $12 on the Temu site 

https://www.temu.com/

but prices seem to be very reasonable. 

and I will be ordering again 

when something takes my fancy. 

 I am not being compensated

 for anything I say about the Company

 but am happy with their products and their service.




I have been practicing painting 

and even though I think I might be improving,

 that isn't always the case.

  I am still having trouble

 doing leaves for some reason, 

but I keep trying.


Hope you all had a Happy Easter.


...xxoJudy...





Sharing today at:

Love Your Creativity Link Party #246 | Life and Linda



 





19 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience with Temu. I have also wondered if they were legit and not some kind of buying scam. Your bunny print is adorable as is the Christmas scene. Your camellia bush is just amazing! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra. I thought they were maybe a fly by night shop and I was nervous about ordering. I had some trouble when I first got this computer and I contacted Microsoft. They asked if I had done any business with an international site and I panicked. But he looked it up and said it is a legit business out of Denver. Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Oh, that camellia is so pretty! I had no idea they could live so long. I have 3 of them and it took years for them to grow enough to start blooming. The bunny print is beautiful and who would guess it was only $12! I have seen the site, but like you, was a little suspicious. Good to know it is safe to order from. Now I have to catch up with your Easter post. Hope you have a good week - so happy it is spring finally! xx K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. I don't know how long it was here before we moved in, but all of the bushes were here then but the others aren't nearly as large..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
    2. Hi Judy, here's my address: karensfrost@msn.com

      Delete
  3. Hi Judy. Hope all is well. Love your Camellia bush. She is so pretty. Have a great week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. All is well here, hope with you too..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Judy, keep painting! Your work is lovely! Your camellia is fabulous. My camellias were full of blooms in December, but our severe freeze took every bloom. The plants themselves look fine. The rest of the garden is also slowly making it's appearance after the freeze setback. I've planted new annuals, etc. Hope it is beautiful again soon. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah. Our garden is starting to green up. It looks so horrible all winter long and I always worry it won't come back. I am anxious to get some annuals planted now..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Rick's mom used Temu all the time. I haven't tried it yet but these two things you've shown are wonderful. I am so happy you are painting again. I think your flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. I can't tell you how impressed with Temu I am so far. You certainly can't beat their prices. I appreciate your words of encouragement about my paintings. I am determined and will keep at it but it is a slow process for me. Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Hi, Judy and I love your paintings. I know when I painted thousands of leaves, my favorite brushes were angled flats for carrying a varying amount of paint and the wonderful edges and tips I could get with those brushes. Your flowers are gorgeous and I bet the different brush will give you the look you want. Love your paintings, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. I know my brushes are not the best and I keep saying I will buy good ones when I get better. What came first, the chicken or the egg!! Thanks for the encouragement and Happy Spring xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I love your Temu purchases! I have yet to order from them. I'm afraid I'll get addicted to their cheap prices! They have tons of crafting supplies!!! Your watercolors are beautiful! Keep it up! What beautiful card fronts they would make! Watercolored camellias would be gorgeous I think! Have a good rest of the week. We are getting sunshine here more often now. So glad! Xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I keep practicing and one time I think I've got it and another time I do Not! But it is very relaxing for me. Happy Spring..xxoJudy We have snow today and yesterday and felt the earthquake that was a few counties away.

      Delete
  8. I wont order from Temu as I heard it was a Chinese owned company. Am not on Tik Tok either. Glad your purchases went well and it did look nice. Your Spring flowers look so nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Janice. I am not on TikToc or Facebook or X or any of those stupid social media sites either. All I know is that Temu is out of Denver but it's name does sound like a Chinese company. I buy from HomeGoods where lots of thing are made in China so it is hard to get away from and I am impressed with what I have seen so far..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Judy, your Camellia bush is stunning. Spring is here. So glad you had good luck with Temu. They look so pretty. I still haven't ordered anything. The prices are so cheap. I have heard from some people they love it. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I like what I see so far. Sometimes a little cheap is a good thing..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy