Tuesday, April 2, 2019

THAT WAS THEN...











This post will be
a little different than usual
this week.

I was looking back
to when I first started blogging,
 back to February 8, 2012.

 I was so excited
to be doing it
and, happily,
clicking away with my camera.
 There, obviously, was
 no rhyme or reason involved,
 other than the fact
that I enjoyed doing it all.

I had no clue
about positioning items
 in a pleasing vignette,
I didn't even know
what vignette meant!

There was no thought
to editing of photos
or placement of wording.
I did always enjoy
telling stories and
to my best ability,
 I tried.

I hope 
that I have evolved
 for the better, just a little bit.

 I thought it would be fun to look back.    
 I gave it my all at that time.


"A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE EASTER BUNNY"

Just as it first appeared on 
April 7, 2012


 

This is the story about one day in the life of the Easter Bunny, as told in his/her own words.  It starts out as a one-man/woman show, but by the time it's over--who knows, there could be a cast of thousands..You know how those rabbits are!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am about ready to embark on the biggest day of the year for me, but before I get busy, I would like to share with you just how exhausting a day it will be."

"As soon as the sun comes up, I crawl out of my warm and comfy bed and get into my 'working' suit."


I'm wearing Bunnies By The Bay, from a great little shop in Anacourtes, Washington. Their motto is:  "Bunnies are our best friends indeed.  They do delight and give glad dreams."

"Now that's what I'm talking about."

"Next order of business will be putting morning tea, along with carrots and parsley, on the table."


"The little ones are not really morning bunnies so maybe only a few will show up."


A few of the children of the Easter Bunny

"Now that tea is over maybe a stroll through the garden, with my basket of eggs, will quiet my mind."


"We are having company for Easter dinner, family and a few friends.  They will be arriving shortly."  "Let's see, we need to make a list of who will be here."


Great Uncle Harvey, Auntie Flora and sweet little Cottontail


The Cousins


The Twins

"And we must not forget that terrible twosome".....


The Quackers

"I've just gotten the table set and now we must hurry on as time is of the essence."


"There are still so many things to do to get ready.  We must attend services at the 'Little White Church' where my grandparents were married back in 1908."


Painting: The Little White Church, Soquel, California

"We will sing hymns from an old song book (1950) and visit with our neighbors."


"After church services, we will join in the Easter Parade."


"Is it just me or did anyone else notice that bossy parade organizer?  How rude!"

( This is one of my most fun photos that I have shot. I had just finished cutting and painting these bunnies and getting ready to take them to a show we were doing. I lined them up in our back yard just so I could get them all in one take and didn't even notice that Annie, our cat, was in the shot. She picked this exact time to yawn and it appeared that she was organizing this parade, in no uncertain terms.  It was one of those "you had to be there moments").

Now, back to our story...

"It is getting close to dinnertime so we must be on our way.  We are having tri-tip roast, oven roasted carrots and potato medley, green salad with basil vinegarette and for dessert, home-made blueberry pie..YUM!"


"Didn't I tell you it was going to be an exhausting day?"

"I'm very sleepy after this busy time so I will bid you all goodnight and sweet dreams."



.....Until next year.

"I hope I did you proud."

Yours Truly....The Easter Bunny....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Footnote:  These are two of my most cherished possessions:  One is a little book done by my Dad in 1918.  He was in the first grade; and the little china bunny was in my first Easter basket.


And so I add my sentiments, my good friends, along with the Easter Bunny's, that you and your families spend a blessed, joyous and happy Easter day....Judy


"For I remember it is Easter morn, and life and love and peace are all new born."
      Alice Freeman Palmer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Not a single bunny (or even 1000) was harmed in any way in the making of this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



HAPPY EASTER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that does it.

 I guess I thought
if I "framed" it
that would be all
it needed.

I hope you enjoyed 
our little look back.

 Before I go, 
I want to show you 
the Cottage's first spring offering 
from the garden...










...isn't she pretty reflecting the sun through the lace curtains?



...Judy...






Sharing today with:


and




13 comments:

  1. Annie made me smile. How wonderful to have your dads book and of course your lil bunny. The story was great too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as cute and as sweet as it can be, Judy. And it had to have taken a good long while to do -- especially as a newer blogger. It is as fresh and charming today as in 2012! I adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I really enjoyed reading this, Judy. Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun! Your early post was great and the photos are great too. I loved it all and the sweet little bunny in his bed is just adorable.. as well as all the other family members! The Easter Parade with its "conductor" is especially precious. Where is that little Easter Parade now? How precious also to have your dad's little book and the china rabbit. I really enjoyed this post! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this. So sweet and fun. Your kitty yawning just at the right time does look like she is organizing the parade. Just so much fun decor and bunnies along with your sweet story. Happy Thursday.
    Big Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I started blogging, posts full of fun, real time goofiness, personality and heart---and not a single ad in sight. Love all your babies here, and thank you for reminding me of why I started blogging, Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so delightful...I enjoyed the beginning and the ends... Your Easter characters are so adorable...but it was the yellow chicks that made me smile the most ...They have such a surprised look( Too cute)...You certaianly have no shortage of bunnies ...It may mean that you'll receive alot of easter eggs this year...Great fun !!! Thanks for sharing...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was delightful! I love the story of the bunnies getting ready for Easter, just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy,
    what a harming post and a great look back....Our weather here is crazy...Yesterday we never got out of the 30's and had snow showers...Today, it is supposed to be in the 60's and partly sunny.... No flowers here yet....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. That kitty was right on cue!! I love it...and I love this post. I didn't start blogging until 2013 so it was fun to peek back at something I certainly had not seen before. And I think that you photos and stylings are just perfect and your story is super sweet. Did you say that you cut out and painted the parade friends? My you're talented!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy, Such a sweet story and pictures. So nice that you still have your Dad's little book and the tiny bunny. Those things mean so much. Beautiful jonquil you have. Mine are very pretty right now. Hate to see them die down. Wishing you a very happy April and Easter. Always enjoy your blog. You really should write a children's book. Charlotte in Va.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy