Tuesday, May 28, 2019

ALL OUR WOE'S...












Still raining here.

 A little more than 
just spring showers.

  I feel rather foolish
 complaining about it 
when so many are going through 
such hard times in their areas 
but living in California
 tends to spoil a person's outlook 
on the way things ought to be. 
 It is so often a matter of "sameness" 
that goes on during the year here 
and when anything is out of the norm
 we tend to freak out! 
 I am not a person 
who is in favor of winter anyway,
 and when it tends to hang on 
for longer than normal, 
it seems to become a big problem.
  
OK, now,
 enough of my woes!



Here he is, showing his new "do", and his "whatever" pose



Kai 
went to the beauty shop last week.
  Since the groomer happens to be 
in his vet's office, 
we had her check out Kai's teeth.

 He was softly whining a lot
 over the week before and 
wouldn't eat one of his harder treats 
that he truly loves. 
 Before we left the office,
 he was scheduled for 
a day of dentistry!





They kept him all day 
and we picked him up 
just before closing time.  
He still wasn't fully awake 
so we had to carry him 
to the couch...










He had all of his front teeth, 
top and bottom, removed, 
only leaving a few in the very back.

 Because of the lack of front teeth 
it is hard for him to lap water and 
to keep his tongue in his mouth.




 He is slowly getting the hang of 
the water thing,
 but I guess there is no help for
 keeping the tongue where it belongs.

 He still is hopeful, though, 
that he will be able to eat
 his hard treats! 
But, his woe is: maybe not! 

It is amazing
 how a dog's determination 
is so strong.





He is feeling much better now 
and the stand off 
for the sun spots 
continues...





...and speaking of 
a dog's determination: 
the winner is! 

The little Birdie 
seems to have no woes.





Last week I showed the 
beautiful Cecil Brunner rose bush...





Here it is today,
 a symbol of
 all our woes.





In honor of the men and women 
who have fought for us. 
 We owe them so much and 
are so appreciative of 
their continued service to our country.

  Thank you all.


...Judy...





P.S.
 I started writing this post 
a few days ago,
 and in the meantime,
 we have had a couple of
 beautiful, sunny days...





...so wanted to give you
 a sneak preview of next week...
Oh, life is good!


Sharing today with:


and



19 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Kai.
    Our Rowd has had 4 teeth pulled, but he's 11, so I guess that's not too terrible. The vet told us that little dogs are more prone to teeth problems... who knew?

    I too am a solar powered girl, so I completely relate to your feelings of woe!
    I keep doing the rain go away chant, but to no avail..LOL!
    Pretty sad when the sun comes out for 10 seconds, and we rejoice like it's Christmas...*giggle**.

    I'm happy you've had a bit of sunshine to lift your soul.

    Memorial Day is always so special and deep with emotion and gratitude for those that sacrifice and those that have given all.
    May God bless each of those dear souls and their loved ones.

    I tell you, I am just a packing and a packing and I feel like I'm not getting any further ahead... *argh*!
    How in the world do we still have so much stuff??!!

    Happy thoughts and sunshine wishes for you.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Kai is doing better. The weather throughout the country has just been crazy. We were in Ohio last week and yesterday tornadoes wrecked havoc in the placed we visited last week, So crazy. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops forgot to say that I loved the flowers in the glass bottles. So pretty! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! A pup with no front teeth? That sounds rough. I hope Kai is adjusting. Also, love the sunshine, been feeling the same way about all the rain. It's just been too much. We did have sun all weekend though and that was lovely. I was able to visit the cemetery to tend to the flowers for my mom and add a flag to the garden there for my dad. Sometimes it's the little things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor baby. Maybe you can soak his treats in a little milk or water and then try giving him one. I hope he feels better soon, he is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Kai. I remember when we had to pull all of Peggy's teeth. She eventually figured out how to eat and chew again. I wish that for Kai. Glad you finally are seeing some sunshine. We have had day after day of rain. It just never seems to stop. I hope we see some sunshine soon.
    Happy New Week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Kai. Wish they made doggie dentures. Hopefully he can learn to eat OK. And I feel your rain pain. We're there too.

    My board arrived today! So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Judy... rain can be very woeful! We don't get enough here in central Oregon.. so when it does rain, half of the neighborhood is outside doing a rain dance!!! We HAVE had more rain than usual here but it is much needed, so I celebrate it when it does actually get wet here. Last few days have been cloudy with some sun and I'm happy with that. It's warming up here too.. next 10 days will be in the low 80's and mostly sunny, so now doing my sun dance! Your pink roses are so pretty... and poor little Kai. I hope he feels better soon... liked the idea of soaking his treats in warm water so he can enjoy the flavor. I'm on day 10 after my surgery and starting to feel a little better now.. thankfully. Still another week before I can get back to yard work! Have a good week! Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! Poor little Kai!! I feel so sorry for the poor little thing but he seems to be quite a trooper though....
    Last year, we had the most amount of rainfall in a single year and right now, we are ahead of last year with rain fall..... We have had thunderstorms and tornado warnings like crazy!! I grew up with my Dad saying that we would never ger tornadoes here in Northeastern Pa. because of our beautiful mountains but that is no longer the case anymore...There was the EF1 tornado last year that just missed my house but destroyed 23 stores in the shopping center right next to me!! There had already been 2 EF zero tornadoes in the city of Scranton. We used to laugh at tornado warnings and now we are scared of them!!! Crazy weather!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your sweet dog will recover well❤️
    Your roses are just wonderful,

    Hugs, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Kai, I hope he will recover soon and be able to learn to eat.

    Do hope your weather settles down soon, it seems very topsy turvey no matter where in the world we live.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Kai. I love the pose! We could use some of your rain. We had a nice bit of rain for a while, but now it is just teasing us. The temps were in the upper 90s today, so things are drying out quickly. I'm hand watering already. Yikes!
    Your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah. We did have rain the other evening, it sounded like someone was throwing rocks at the windows with thunder and lightening. Don't you just love Kai's pose. We thought maybe he had a birth defect but the vet says that whatever is mixed in him gave it to him. He is a little gentlemen..Happy Week to you..Judy

      Delete
  14. We had rain yesterday and it was so much needed. Doesn't look like anymore the rest of the week. Your roses are just beautiful. So pretty in individual vases. I like how you honored the men and women of the military. So well put. My sister and I went to Chapel Hill UNC Wilson Library to do genealogy research . We were reading over documents in Natchitoches and other areas of Louisiana where our gr gr uncle lived and I read a few lines of a card sent to family about how it was so much rain and the crops were ruined. Pictures of crops under water where it was non stop for a while . Lots of bad weather and hard times to live in at that time. I hope you continue to have sunny skies now. I do hope that it doesn't go to the other extreme where you get none either. Happy Week end to you, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Judy, good morning! First of all, your photos are gorgeous! I love the ethereal look plus your blooms are breathtaking! I hear ya about the rain; I'm in Minneapolis and though we are not getting the flooding that other parts of our state are getting, the wetter weather patterns are challenging our garden plans! Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog via my dear friend Kris. It was so generous of her to share my latest thrill of being in this beautiful magazine. I've dreamt about being published in a true, well-known magazine for so long. If you ever get a chance to go to Instagram, you can find me there.

    Blessings to you and I hope you have a healthy, happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Judy,
    Many thanks for your comments on the low carb diabetic blog.
    I did answer your question about Eddie on the blog but thought I'd pop over here to let you know that Eddie is my husband.

    Hope your weather is improving - enjoy the week ahead.
    My good wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your poor pup. I'm so glad the sun finally came out.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy