Tuesday, September 29, 2020

FALL IN THE DINING ROOM...

 






No,
 I haven't taken a fall 
in the dining room...at least, not yet.

 
 Because we are staying 
at home more these days, 
I feel we should make our homes
 as comfortable as we can. 
 When the weather changes and 
we become more inclined to tuck in,
  that is when the comfort comes out.






 Whether you decorate in all white,
 the softer tones of fall,
 or the brighter and more
 earthy colors of the season, 
let comfort be your guide and 
then sit back and enjoy 
all that you have accomplished. 






 It so happens 
that the dining room is
 the only room left in the Cottage 
that still has plans 
for some autumn decorations so,
 I guess,
 you are stuck with 
seeing the preparations 
this week.
 





As you walk into the Cottage, 
you are surrounded by cooler colors 
with the use of blue. 
 Because there is no central hall,
 you must walk through each room 
to get to another. 
The dining room seems to be 
at the heart of the home,
 as it is right in the middle.
 I don't know if that is the reason,
 but it is here 
that the fall colors, of my choice, seem 
to come together. 
This was not a proper plan,
 it is just how it turned out.   






I didn't actually forget 
to take some Christmas decor 
down from last year.  
I just decided that 
since the dining room always seems 
to have her 
patriotic spirit showing 
during the holidays 
that she should carry on 
throughout the year. 
 I also think 
the Santas are pretty darn cute and
 deserve to be seen 
for awhile longer...






...right along with
 Bitty Morsel and Gertie 
who are still, today and everyday,
 filling their wagon
 with their wares 
for the good of all.






As long as we are discussing 
Bitty and Gertie, 
I have been racking my brain 
to think if the Cottage Witch 
will make the journey
 here to the Cottage this year.
  I don't think she will 
as when you are over 200 years old
 you shouldn't be exposing yourself 
to what is going on now. 
 That would be what is called
 a pre-existing condition!
  
I know for a fact
 that there will be no 
trick or treating here 
this year either.

Even though,
 during the day, 
there is still sunlight reflecting 
through the lace curtains...






  ...the Cottage will remain dark.
 
 I feel so badly for the little kids 
but if my kids were of that age,
 I wouldn't want them 
going to strange houses at this time. 
 In my opinion 
there are times when 
the adults have to take charge and
 this should be one of those times.





The old settle bench 
sits proudly displaying 
a collection of dried gatherings and
 bright pillows 
highlighted by the reflection 
of candle light...





...and as the limelight hydrangeas 
are ripe for picking they, 
and some dried pieces,
 fill a spongeware pitcher
in front of
 the window.













A collection of hutches, 
big and small, 
show off their 
autumn finery.






The table is done 
in a more simple style.






  As there will be 
no family gathering here this year, 
the fall garland
 can take up as much space as it wants...






 ...along with some dried flowers 
from last year and
a sprinkling of tiny candles.  






The yarn and twig wreath
 just doesn't seem the same 
without the addition of autumn leaves, 
so same idea,
 different leaves
 this time.







Enjoy nicer weather,
 if you are lucky enough to have it and 
I will leave you with 
these thoughts...






...two 
peaceful puppies 
enjoying...






Keep in mind that now,
 more than ever,
 you need to protect yourself
 against Covid-19.

 If you are unfortunate enough
 to get sick,
 than you could more than likely
  be considered 
as having a pre-existing condition and 
this is not being said
 as a scare tactic,
 it is a very 
real possibility.

 SO,

  Be Smart. 
 Stay Well. 
 Wear a mask 
and

***VOTE***



...Judy...







Sharing today with:




26 comments:

  1. Judy, your fall decor is lovely. Such pretty pumpkins That large wreath is amazing! I loving seeing the sweet puppies. Thanks for sharing at love Your Creativity. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. I love fall and all the pretty colors..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Judy I absolute love touring your beautiful cottage. So many wonderful things to enjoy. I love the wreath . I did not know you had two dogs. :) I love everything in the last picture. Blessings stay safe. xoxo, Susie
    p.s. We voted already. So glad we did not have to go in to the precinct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susie. Too much stuff, if you ask me!! That wreath just seems like the right place to add some fall leaves. We have Kai (black) and Robin (chihuahua). They are both really great dogs. Kai has had all of his front teeth pulled so he can't keep his tongue where it belongs! We haven't voted yet, as we are on permanent absentee ballots and have been for years, so California hasn't sent them out yet. So glad we will not have to go vote in person..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful home tour, love your ending photo with the pups enjoying moon beans and country dreams, my last name is moon so I am especially smitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. My little pups are so special and I love that pillow too. Have had it a long time..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kinga. It seems very autumnish to me too!..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Lovely photographs you've shared.
    I do like your Fall/Autumn decorations and décor.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. I love autumn and the colors of it..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you are still on both feet! And that you took us through a tour of your beautiful room. I love all the little touches, the signs and arrangements, pillows and wreaths. It is so very cozy and comfortable. It IS the autumn feeling. Please stay well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie: Thanks so much. I love fall. The time and the colors are so comforting to me. We are having smoky skies again today. I guess from the fires by Napa. There are so many that it is hard to keep track..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Love seeing your fall coming into the rooms. Love seeing Gertie and Bitty in the mix too. Super cute. I love that home sign that makes your heart smile. So cute. Have a great rest of the day and week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. I am loving fall so far. A very comforting time for me for some reason. The weather is beautiful, but the skies are smoky again. Such bad fires now in the wine country with the loss of all the old winery buildings. So sad. I love that little sign too. I walk by it probably 1001 times a day and it does make me smile everytime..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. I love how you decorate everything to the hilt! The oranges and yellows and golds are so pretty.. and I love the signs and pillows with words and phrases on them! What a wonderland to walk through and live within! Hugs... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marilyn. For some reason I am drawn to sayings and I use them on a lot of things. Since I have a lot of things, therefore, lots of sayings! You are too kind and I hope you are doing well and staying well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. Judy, what a treat this was to stop by today and catch a glimpse of your gorgeous home.So many pretties and so much inspiration here. I haven't done a stitch of fall decorating yet. I need to get moving. I love your pretty banner (I may copy that!) and your treasure covered bench...and your ark! Wow, that's lovely! I hope you have many, many enjoyable days this fall in your cozy cottage...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I love fall and the weather is almost perfect, although we did have some smoke yesterday from the Napa fires. So sad. Kim, I have not idea how that banner got there. One day it just appeared but I don't know how. I have to say that I do like it and whoever did it knew what they were doing, but what I object to is they did not ask my permission! Other than that I don't know anything else about it..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  10. Wow !! Your dining room decor is fabulous. Such beautiful elements and just love the farm house feel. Thank you for joining us at Meraki Link Party
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Naush. I'm glad I could join up and hope to you see later too..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  11. I loved your post....your home is so lovely and your collections so interesting...THANKS so much for sharing and keeping such a lovely home in such a trying time. And, yes we are staying home, I venture out once a week maybe. Stay Well, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. With nothing much going on around here and the house decorated, it will be a hard time to find anything interesting to write about, at least until Christmas..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  12. O.K. I made a comment and scrolled up to see your wall color and come back down and my unfinished comment is gone, somewhere. I love your wall color
    and wondering what it is called. I am liking more color on my walls and trim these days. Tired of blah. I love your home and your Autumnal decor. So pretty and inviting. not liking this new blogger much, I guess I will get used to it. hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Betsy. We had a big problem getting that wall color right. I am sorry to say that it doesn't have a name. I took a little bird house that I had into a small, local paint store and had them match it. We had to go back a couple of times to get it right. I wish I could give you more info as I know, at least for me, it is hard to look at those little pieces of cardstock when you are trying to get the right color. I am finding more things that I dislike about the new blogger than I like but, as you say, I guess we will all figure it out eventually. I am adding a small writing to my posts each time something goes wrong and I figure it out my way so that maybe it will help someone else, or they can tell me a better way..Stay well and thanks for all your kind words..xxoJudy

      Delete
  13. Judy,
    I have always LOVED your Dining Room with that beautiful colored painted on the walls...So warm and inviting with all the beautiful things you have displayed in your hutches and through out!! Simply a feast for the eyes my friend!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb, and sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Not enough hours in the day and I can't imagine how I found any time back when I had something to do!! For some reason, the dining room and kitchen have always been top rooms on my list, don't know why as they are the least used! Thanks for all your visits and kind words..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy