Tuesday, March 5, 2024

SUNNY SIDE UP...






The first daffodil that showed up in the garden was tightly holding onto her bud 

when I picked her and brought her into the Cottage. 

 It wasn't long before the warmth took hold 

and she unfurled and showed 

her beautiful little face.  

A sure sign that spring will not be held captive 

no matter how badly 

Mother Nature tries to make that happen.




Late in the day the skies turn gray

 and the wind and the rain make themselves known 

as they pound against the windows 

and howl around the sides of the Cottage. 

 During the morning, however,

 a sunbeam sneaks through and places a smile 

on everything that it touches.



Years ago we bought some pans

and there was one pan included in the set that was used to cook soft boiled eggs.  

It had small individual cups that fit over simmering water and cooked the eggs.  

To be sure, I cannot abide soft boiled eggs.  

I have to have the whites very well done but the yolk can be soft to a certain extent 

and this pan took care of that problem every time. 

 Over time the pan was lost 

so I ordered this new one from Amazon and...




...now I can again enjoy my breakfast

 just like I like it.  

I add a little pat of butter to the cup and then the egg with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. 

 It cooks for about 7-8 minutes

 and is just right for me.



Add a cup of tea and an English muffin 

with butter and raspberry jam.  

My breakfast of champions.



Sunday was the Captain's birthday. 

 He said he just wanted to 

sit on the couch and watch TV.  

 I asked him how that would be different 

from any other day

 but if he insisted

I was all in favor of giving him that present.


Have a wonderful week.


...xxoJudy...


I would like to thank Linda for recognizing my last week's post on Life and Linda. 

 I appreciate the time and effort she puts into this party every week. 

 It is always a pleasure to be included.



Sharing today at:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda














 







11 comments:

  1. Glad the Captain had a good birthday on Sunday. Hey sometimes relaxing and chilling on the couch with a good show is a great gift. Have a wonderful week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. Sometimes is good! It was a good day for him..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Oh, gosh.....I'm so jealous. I know it's only a matter of a few warm days...we just get teased here though. One warm day then three in the 30's...UGH. Hugs, and lovely photos...I'm so greeeeeen! lol. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi. The last few days have not been too comfortable. I guess we just have to put up with it for awhile longer..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your feature at Linda's Party - it is such a blessing to have her space to share our creativity with! I love your daffodil - such a happy face, Spring's best evangelist! Happy birthday to your husband, perhaps he will feel more like doing something fun when the weather cheers up! We have been having snow every day this March, I just posted about it. Winter in March - but we know that spring will come, thank you sweet Daffodils! Blessings to you Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Captain! It sounds like a lovely day to me! Your daffodil is lovely. I haven't seen any here, yet, but the crocuses in my yard woke up this weekend. I hope it stays warm long enough for the daffodils and tulips to pop up next. Fingers crossed!! Thanks for the visits today, Judy. I'm sorry about the anonymous stuff. Blogger...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I myself also do not like soft boiled eggs. Wish the dafs would start coming out here in Michigan. Seems they are coming out all over except for us yet. Oh well. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your breakfast looks lovely. I'm not big on boiled eggs but probably would go softer than harder so I get the yolk done. I saw the first hint of yellow on a daff yesterday. I suspect maybe today or tomorrow it will pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a delightful visit. Thank you! Monnie made the best poached eggs! Sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Sometimes it is the simply things in life, isn't it???Happy Birthday to your hubby!! We have been having some warm weather but I can not help that it is short lived....I hope that you are well, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (late) birthday to your hubby! I, like him, just want to sit and do nothing on my birthday! Even being retired, I feel like I'm always busy, and sometimes just want a day to not have to do anything. I'm sure he feels that way too! Most men don't know how to sit and relax and enjoy quiet times. Hope he had a good one. I bet your weather is iffy there too... here in Astoria where I'm now settled (mostly) I see how the weather can change from minute to minute. I had forgotten that but it can rain, sunshine, hail, rain again, blow high winds, then be quiet, then rain or the sun come out again. I'm learning to take advantage of any few minutes that the sun shines here! This time of year makes me want some real warm weather so I can plant flowers! Have a good week! xoxo Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy