Tuesday, March 12, 2024

SPRING HAS SPRUNG - ISH...




Before the calendar actually says 

the real spring has sprung 

we had a few marvelous days. 

 The kind of days that make Robin sneak out the door 

and seek wherever there is a spot of sun to lay in.  

The kind of days that makes me want to join her. 

 But, now that we are only one week away

 from the first official day, 

you know that Old Man Winter 

is still holding on for dear life 

and, once more, gray and gloom.





I figure we are close enough to the real thing 

so I decided to add a little springtime to the Cottage.  

I got some pretty napkins 

and I am sure that you can imagine

 what I did with them. 

 I have seen so many pretty projects accomplished in

 the land of Blog and Pinterest 

and I thought I would try my hand at a little decoupage. 

 I have done a lot of crafting in my days

 but I am finding that

 I am not as patient as I once was. 

 It doesn't seem to be a conscious effort, 

it just seems to be how my brain is working now. 

 I itch to start a project and once I do, 

I can't wait until it is done. 

 I notice that I don't take the time to attend to details, 

I just want to get it made.  

Consequently, you can't look for perfection 

in any of my work these days...





 ...but there is always a way to hide 

what you don't want to be seen...



...just don't look at it too closely. 
I should have taken the time to paint 
a white undercoat 
before I put the napkin on.





I also spruced up the parlor mantel for spring. 

 Just some little items that can be changed up 

when Easter rolls around

which won't be long now...





One little birdie knows the system 

so he is prepared to weather the storms 

that are bound to come again 

before spring actually gets here.





Hope you are enjoying 

these last few days waiting for spring.


...xxoJudy...




Sharing today at:

Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda

8 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty. Love your sweet little chick with his rain gear and umbrella. Very cute. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. It is beginning to feel like spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. The flowers brighten up everything! So pretty! Your decoupage project looks beautiful.. I thought it for sure was a real vase! Love the blues. We've had rain rain and more rain in my new climate. I'm not complaining though, as I get to look at all the big huge trees and green mountains! I think a week of sunshine is coming up starting tomorrow or Thursday, and I'm going to love every minute of it. I've already been itching to go buy some plants for my pots that I brought with me, but it's almost a little too early yet, even for here (Astoria, OR). I would love to have my own daffodils to cut and bring in the house.. maybe I'll get some planted next Fall. Take care.. .Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I'm glad you are having a little feel of spring at your new home. That will be helpful while you are getting it all together..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. It's definitely time for springtime and I love seeing your daffs and hearing how you are bringing it in now! Such pretty tulips in the white pitcher and I love your sweet chick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Jeanie. The nicer weather keeps us moving along..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is one of my favourite seasons.
    Always a joy to see spring-time flowers.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jan. I agree with you..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy