Tuesday, March 26, 2024

SPRINTER IS BACK...







Everyone laughed at this little birdie

 dressed in his rain gear.

  It was the first day of spring 

and the sun was shining so brightly, 

and he looked rather foolish to us 

who were so happy to see the sun 

that we didn't take into account the big picture. 


 Now who has the last laugh?


 Yes, it is raining again

 but we are looking at it through different eyes. 

 We now know that spring is really here 

so if we have to put up with a little weather 

that will bring on the flowers, 

we can do that.  


Happy days ahead.





One of our camellia bushes

 is really making a grand show now.

  We thought bringing some into the Cottage 

would take care of our Sprinter setback.


"The power of finding beauty in the humblest things 

makes home happy and life lovely."

Louisa May Alcott




 The game table, spring edition, 

is looking quite festive with a sponged pitcher

 full of faux greenery

 alongside a butterfly plate.






I had a comment from Pam last week 

when I showed our little piece of

 gallery wall in the entry. 

 She wanted to see more of it.

  In reality it is a very small wall

 just as you enter the Cottage 

and very hard to photograph 

because there isn't any room 

to get far enough away from,

 in order to take a decent picture. 

 I don't think I have ever shown the photos there

 for that reason. 

So above, you can get the idea of how it is laid out

 and below I will show you each individual picture and tell you a bit about the subjects.  

Of course, I am quite prejudiced 

as they are long ago members of our family, 

but thought you might like to meet them...




My paternal grandmother



My paternal great-grandfather



My dad



My mom



The Captain's paternal great-grandfather




My maternal grandmother


...I wish I had dates on these photos 

but am assuming they are 

from the late 1800's and early 1900's. 

 Isn't if fun that they all happened to pose

 with their animals?





I have picked up the paintbrush again 

and am following (or trying) along with 

a British artist on YouTube. 

 I think she is quite good 

and so far she is painting miniature subjects. 

 I think that is a helpful way to start out.  

It seems that painting this mini-pumpkin

 is more helpful to me

 as far as mixing colors 

and having control over the amount of water to mix in. 

 However, after enlarging the attempt for this space, 

I can see mistakes that I need to correct.

 It is easier for my eye that way. 

 I am fairly happy with this little piece 

and now can see the areas which need more work.




You may have noticed that I have been 

showing up as "anonymous" lately.

  Don't know why that happened 

and really don't know why I am back to normal either, 

but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth, 

so am glad that it is straightened out.

 

Could it be some more

 of that wonderful springtime magic?






Hope Springtime has arrived at your home 

and that you have a wonderful week.


...xxoJudy...





Sharing today with:




10 comments:

  1. I am showing on some blogs as anonymous too. Something I am sure in the settings. Love all the pictures of your past family how great to have those. Have a great week Judy. Happy Easter. Hugs. Kris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. This is the first time you have been anonymous to me. I found that my problem was I had to allow third party cookies then it was right again. Yesterday my home page went goofy and I couldn't find my blog or e-mail. I finally got it back but it is scary when that happens..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. I do not recall seeing this wall either. Looks really grand though and nice to have your relatives al on it. A nice tribute to them. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I love how the wall turned out but it is a very tight spot for photos. Glad you enjoyed it..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Such fantastic family photographs you've shared here.
    Blogger and comments can sometimes be a mystery :)

    Happy Wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Jan. I love the old family photographs. It is hard to know the stories when there is no one left to ask. Blogging can be trying at times..Happy Easter..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. Happy Springtime, Judy! The weather is wacky here, too. Flowers are blooming but we suddenly need our winter coats again. It's nutty. Love the pic of your dad and his dog. That wagon is so funny!! Enjoy your weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I sure wish I had that little wagon now. I think my dad was about 12 in that photo. He made the wagon especially for his dog, Brownie. He always was so talented..Happy Easter,,xxiJudy

      Delete
  5. It has been such a strange winter/spring here too Judy! Springter is definitely my favorite way of describing this time of year! I love your painting talents, you have crafted a beautiful painting! I loved seeing your entry way with all your family portraits, and especially with the animals, how special is that! Our animals mean the world to us! I hope you are enjoying lovely and wonderful springtime days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, that little duck with the umbrella is adorable. Reminds me somewhat of some little duck figures I found at a plant center a few years ago. They are small, meant to be on a shelf inside, but they wear the cutest little origami hats. Our spring rains have been few and far between. We need rain here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy