Saturday, February 18, 2012

For the Birds

Hello All:

I've been getting into spring cleaning mode at the Cottage.  Maybe I can finish before Spring actually get here then I won't feel so guilty if the garden gets all my attention.

As I was walking from room to room, I noticed that I really have a lot of treasures pertaining to our feathered friends so I thought I would show you some.

.




These are thrift store finds and are hanging in my kitchen.





















I bought this one mainly because of the moon.  We have had an endearment for our grandson since he was first born:  Love You to the Moon.........and Back













This big guy caught my eye in a little French kitchen shop on Coronado Island.






This lamp was a Mother's Day gift from my husband.  I just love it.

This little shelf is one of my favorites.  I really use the little pie bird.








These are two whimsical teapots. Little Chirp is for Easter and Old Crow looks great when the Harvest table is set.

The chicken pottery pieces belonged to my Grandmother.



I think this is the sweetest plate holder.

NOW, here's the thing!  I don't really like anything with feathers.  Well, let's call it what it is: I'm afraid of anything with feathers!!  Oh, don't get me wrong, I love to see them, listen to them and, selfishly, eat their eggs, but I don't like to be around them or have them fly near me.

I think it all stems from Grandma's big, ugly Muscovy duck.  He chased me down the pike when I was a little girl and ever since I freak out if one comes near me.

But I love to collect things with birds on them....Go figure..

Well, better get back to my cleaning.  I'm hoping to share with you the master bedroom and bathroom at the Cottage, if I get them done, next time we visit.

Until then, I'll leave you with these words of wisdom:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.....Judy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so special to me...Judy