Saturday, August 30, 2014

AND A DREAM CAME TRUE...






Myself, left, and Kathy


Back in the summer of 1957, my cousin, Kathy, and I were working as Santa's helpers at Santa's Village here.  

Fast forward years later, after marriages and children,
 Kathy tells the story of her daughter, Andrea, watching the movie "Practical Magic",
 and stating the fact that she was going to be a soap maker some day...






...and, true to her words, her dream was realized and 
Wild Thyme Botanicals was born.



Andrea, left, and her mom, Kathy


After graduating college,
 Andrea set up shop in her mom's garage.





She is solely responsible for coming up with her own particular formulas. 
 She mixes up all the scents and colors, pours the molds, cuts the bars 
and wraps all with her own special labels. 




The tools for making soap






Kathy applies the pressed botanical designs on all shapes and sizes of bottles
 that can be filled with sweet smelling lotions and potions.




Andrea ships her products all over,
 has clients in some hotels, one as far away as North Carolina. 
 She also produces lip balms, lotions, aromatherapy items, and beautiful sweet smelling soy candles. 
 She sells at fairs and shows and her products can be found on Overstock.com and Amazon.



  










Now she has opened her own retail storefront
 with facilities on site for manufacturing, and has plans for holding classes also.







Tami and I went to the grand opening of Andrea's shop 
and are so proud of how hard she has worked to make her long ago dream come true.

Thank you, Andrea, for inviting us,
 and it was so good to see all of you
 and, as they say in Victoria magazine, you have found your bliss.


Happy Weekend,
...Judy...





Sharing today with:





10 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely product. I am so happy to see that she followed her dream and is successful. Congratulations to her.
    How special you and your friend have been friends for so long.
    Have a wonderful weekend Judy.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story, Congratulations to her! And, I spent many Christmas season's at Santa's Village but just as a visiting little kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story Judy. Great to hear success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting to see this post Judy.
    It really is a dream come true for Andrea.
    How wonderful that you and Tami, could be there for her opening.
    Her products look and sound divine.
    I wish her all the best.
    So so nice that you can see a friends daughters dream come true.
    xxx val

    I will take a look at her website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to meet you Judy . . . and read about your "soap gal!" I am a BAR SOAP freak . . . I will have to check her out. I go to our Farmers Market each week just go find hand made soap . . . Thanks to Kerin, we may meet again and again . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy,
    What a great post!!
    Love the passion that Andrea has for her soaps and products!

    We need more "home-made" products. Made with passion and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that! What a vision and she made it happen.I bet her products smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! It's nice to "meet" you! I love all of the soapy business! How wonderful! I wish her storefront was close to me! (Denver?) I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pom Pom. I was going to leave a comment on your post and then I instead clicked back to 'follow' before I forgot and then I couldn't get back in to comment. Just wanted to say that seeing your blog just made my day. It is so cheerful that I can hardly stand it! Love the bright colors and your photos are so pretty too. Lucky you, that you have small grands now. Mine has grown a bit to 20 years old. That just happened over night. I hope you come back to read this..Happy Monday..Judy

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to Andrea.
    It's nice to see dreams do come true

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy