Tuesday, January 12, 2021

MY TOP TEN POSTS OF 2020...

 




 
As in years passed,
 I will show you how you responded 
to how it was back then. 
 2020 was a longer year than usual,
 it seems. 
 Now that it finally has come to an end, 
we are hoping we can move
 down the road to,
 if not bigger and better times,
 at the very least a little more of what
 we were used to
 before it all came crashing down 
around our lives.
  We do have a lot to look forward to
 but it is going to take a lot of 
time and effort 
to put our world back to rights.

  Make no mistake, 
a lot of real damage has been done
 in more ways than one, and
 it will not be an overnight job.
 
 The best I can say is 
that this is my fervent prayer as
 I know it is all of yours also.


#10:  THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

May 12, 2020  




A little family of wrens
 was raised here earlier and 
now they have come back
 (unfortunately, not to stay)
 to cause a little havoc
 in the Cottage.



#9:  THE WAY WE WERE
January 28, 2020




While waiting to catch up 
on some projects
 I took you back to when 
we first bought the Cottage.




#8:  COMFORTABLE AND COZY IN THE COTTAGE
October 13, 2020




Having to stay warm and cozy 
very soon after a hot summer,
 60th wedding anniversary, fall colors and voting.




#7:  USING UP THE SUNSHINE
June 2, 2020




How Covid-19
 and everything around it
 is making a 
dark and dismal place to be.




#6:  READ ALL ABOUT IT!
February 4, 2020






How a little red stove 
came to belong
 to the kitchen.




#5:  THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS
August 18, 2020





Photos of flowers 
do the talking for
 an unforeseen event.




#4:  YOU WILL NEVER SEE THIS AGAIN
July 28, 2020




Venting about what I think is 
the horrible injustice that we faced over the last four years
 and some of the consequences 
that we are living through now.




#3:  YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW
August 25, 2020




Looking back one year
 through smoke filled skies
 to see how life was different then.




#2:  GREEN WITHOUT ENVY
August 11, 2020




How the color green 
plays more of a part in my life
 than I realized.




And the most viewed post of  2020:


#1:  EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN
September 7, 2020




How being secluded in our homes 
doesn't leave much chance
 for new decorations.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I hope you enjoyed 
a small look back over the year 
and I sincerely hope that we 
can have all new and joyous conditions
 to look forward to
 this year.




Stay Smart
Stay Well
Stay Home
and
Wear the Mask

Remember, deaths are up to 4,000 + daily.

This is only one of the consequences we are facing.


...Judy...


In going over all that I have written 
to make sure I've got it right,
 I find it very interesting that
 there were some statements,
 written over the past year,
 that seem to have
 a ring of truth and
  a foreshadow of reality
 that came after the fact.
 It is a lot to read but
 it may be of interest
 to some of you.





Sharing today with:


 







 







 







18 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, such lovely posts. It is always to look back. Sometimes it's surprising to see what was so popular. As for my padded headboard, I have read some tutorials online using chalk paint. Pretty interesting. Have a good week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Yeah, some of it I had forgotten. I didn't follow any insturctions, I just painted the color on and when it was dry, went over with a couple of clear wax coats. Comes out soft but with a little texture of leather and holds up really well. Very pretty..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  2. Honestly I love and enjoy all your posts, but your new stove stands out in my mind the most. How much we cling to warmth and being cozy this year. And as this year still plays out...and hopefully we can close that book, and look forward to a year---with lessons learned---to appreciate our homes with a realization...that there is no place like our own home! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandi, and I hope that is the case. We deserve some good times after what we have been putting up with. I love that little red stove and I am thankful that black wasn't in stock or I would just be boreing!! We have been using it a lot so far. It is getting colder and colder but no snow or rain to speak of..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Great post....I am not sure I wish to look back on 2020!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pam. I don't think many of us do! After Christmas I never seem to have much to write about so it took up space and time..Maybe next week will be more exciting..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  4. I remember almost all of these posts. 2020 was such a challenge for so many. Let's hope as this year begins and continues on we will see things begin to change for the better and maybe just maybe we will be able to bring back some normal in our lives. Have a great rest of the week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kris. That was a lot of reading but when you don't know what to talk about it does the job. I am sure hoping that things will change for the better, but after last week it seems there may be a few more scary days ahead. I hope not..Stay well my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed reading your top 10 posts from last year and will enjoy reading this years as well! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice. I plan to struggle along as long as I can..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Judy, I love looking back at your posts and of course you know I revel in any chance I get to peek at your lovely decor. So many pretty accents and scenes! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. It was a lot of reading but I had fun reliving the photos! I've finally packed up Christmas and even put my snowmen away too so have empty shelves and mantels now just waiting for a good cleaning and maybe V-Day then..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. I've enjoy looking back on your posts. Your photos are so beautiful. I remember most of them.
    I will take the time and look back on mine also. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Let's hope 2021 is a better year.
    Thelma. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Thelma. They do take up time and space when there isn't much else to talk about. I should have done 5 last week and 5 this week! Oh, wow, I think we all hope for that..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. What fun to enjoy this look back at your beautiful home and all the lovely light. I remember many of these and I know it had to be fun to venture back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanie. It is kind of fun to look back occasionally..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed each and every post Judy, as it came out.. and was fun to look back over the past year. I pray for peace for our country. Hugs.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I'm glad you enjoyed them all. We really need peace, don't we? Once we get rid of the losers now in office, hopefully there will be, but there is a lot to clean up..Stay well..xxoJudy

      Delete

Your comments are so special to me...Judy